Pisgah-related artwork?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2008

Pisgah-related artwork?

Sorry if this is somewhat not bike related but I am looking for some Pisgah-themed artwork. Drawings, paintings, high quality photographs, stylized maps, you name it. Pisgah is a really special place for my fiancee and I and we want something nice to hang on our wall to reflect that. If it has a bike theme, all the better!

If anyone knows any local artist that make such pieces please share them here! Everything I've found on google hasn't been very good quality.

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rusty904 View Post
    Sorry if this is somewhat not bike related but I am looking for some Pisgah-themed artwork. Drawings, paintings, high quality photographs, stylized maps, you name it. Pisgah is a really special place for my fiancee and I and we want something nice to hang on our wall to reflect that. If it has a bike theme, all the better!

If anyone knows any local artist that make such pieces please share them here! Everything I've found on google hasn't been very good quality.

Thanks!
    Derek Diluzio takes some great photos...

https://www.derekdiluzio.com/
    On your left!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Banjopickin View Post

And he's a great person too!

Some local bike shops have had local art in the past, so maybe call them? Liberty and Ski Country/ Asheville Bike in particular.

There's a store on Haywood, by Second Gear, can't remember name, where we bought a really cool bike/map art combo thing. Bicycle image cut out of a map of WNC, Asheville in the middle. Hey thanks google... here's the etsy shop:
    https://www.etsy.com/shop/OffTheMapA...uery=asheville

since 4/10/2009
    The local gear shop, Diamond Brand, carries a plastic relief map of the southern Appalachians that's raised/textured with the mountains. It's something I'll be adding for sure.

My wife and I buy lots of bike-themed art all over. Most has nothing to do with the local area...it's just generally bike-themed. There are some little shops in Brevard that carry some neat stuff, though, that have both. It's definitely worth visiting the shops in downtown Brevard to look for stuff like that. There are some galleries there that have all kinds of landscapes from the area - paintings, photographs, mixed media, etc. We bought some side tables from one that are made by a local artist, and they use local maple and rhododendron. Not bike-related at all, but very local, and very relevant to the concept, at least. They have brought a nice rustic touch to our home, which we like.

Probably also worth hitting up the River Arts District in Asheville for the same kinds of stuff. I haven't looked there yet, but I'm sure the kinds of things you want are all over.

mtbr member
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Banjopickin View Post

I noticed a couple pics from the Freehub Magazine Pisgah Edition articles in there...

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk