• 09-17-2010
    sjanes
    Pisgah MTB Stage Race: Hecklers
    Saturday, September 18th is the Laurel Mtn/ Pilot loop for the Stage race. The hecklers last year were great, anyone coming out this year? The weather is awesome!!:thumbsup:
  • 09-17-2010
    Singletrack Pig
    Blew my wad...
    I gave all I had on Wednesday while riding against the flow of the race on Squirrel Gap. I figured racers needed the maximum challenge and true undiluted Pisgah experience, including locals hogging all the good lines.

    It was fun to see the range of reactions from different folks. That S Janes guy was the biggest choade of all though- him and David Cook! Like my laying down across the trail and daring you to manual me cost you the stage win. Jeez.
  • 09-17-2010
    brado1
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by sjanes
    Saturday, September 18th is the Laurel Mtn/ Pilot loop for the Stage race. The hecklers last year were great, anyone coming out this year? The weather is awesome!!:thumbsup:

    i'll be all over Laurel taking pics
  • 09-17-2010
    extrmtao
    If you ever see better hecklers than today, let me know as I need to hire them.
  • 09-18-2010
    mountainbiker24
    So is the trail closed all day then? I was hoping to ride there today. I've never been there before, and today would have been the day.
  • 09-18-2010
    Snototter
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by mountainbiker24
    So is the trail closed all day then? I was hoping to ride there today. I've never been there before, and today would have been the day.


    Trails are open to everyone during the race. Nothing is closed. Racers are aware of this so they won't be surprised if they see a horse, hiker or another rider. Just respect a racer if they are looking to pass.
  • 09-18-2010
    D Kuntz
    hecklers? what hecklers??
    we came. we cheered. we heckled. we had beers. and we made as much noise as 3 people could. (atleast until next year when we go "pro" status) and then we went home. at the very least, we got your minds off of how much mountain biking sucks for a while.

    congrats to all the riders!!! ....except the D-bag.... you know who you are... :cryin:
  • 09-19-2010
    sidener
    Hey D ****z, if that was you he heckling on the squirrel gap climb on Friday, way to go! I was the single speeder that you chased up the hill with your cow bell. It really took my mind off of the race for a few minutes to try and step up to your challenge. I never thought I could have made that climb without dismounting. You guys gave me a little moment of glory. It took me another 5 miles of riding to recover though :). Great job, you made it quite fun.

    Scott Sidener
  • 09-19-2010
    sjanes
    no better hecklers were seen that day, Sunday at the Pro Road Race National Championships however......:thumbsup:
  • 09-20-2010
    sjanes
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by sjanes
    no better hecklers were seen that day, Sunday at the Pro Road Race National Championships however......:thumbsup:

    oh that was you? I thought I felt something squishy in the trail.....:eek:
  • 09-20-2010
    extrmtao
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by sidener
    Hey D ****z, if that was you he heckling on the squirrel gap climb on Friday, way to go! I was the single speeder that you chased up the hill with your cow bell. It really took my mind off of the race for a few minutes to try and step up to your challenge. I never thought I could have made that climb without dismounting. You guys gave me a little moment of glory. It took me another 5 miles of riding to recover though :). Great job, you made it quite fun.

    Scott Sidener

    What's funny Scott, is that I didn't even recognize you in your kit. I was the one who chased you up the climb cowbell and all. See ya on the trail,

    Jonathon