• 10-11-2016
    thefriar
    Pisgah Mountain Bike Festival
    Alrighty folks! Who else is heading to this thing?

We have a couple folks rolling down from CT, making a big trip of it and one buddy flying in from Seattle since Beer + Pisgah + Festival is definitely difficult to turn down.

We'll probably do a couple bigger rides before the Festival since it sounds like the festival itself will have some good reasons to do shorter AM and PM rides and enjoy the events.

Looking forward to meeting new folks!
  • 10-11-2016
    2bfluid
    I am in.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
  • 10-12-2016
    VanillaEps
    I just booked a trip to Asheville for October 27th-30th for some mountain bike riding and long weekend relaxation. Coincidence that I picked the same weekend as this festival. Just bought tix.

I'm in.
  • 10-12-2016
    mikeridesabike
    Does anybody know if the 2 day pass includes camping? Cause that's an extra $45 on the web site. I think the Reeb Ranch is a cool place, but they are rather proud of their camp sites.
  • 10-13-2016
    Mike Brown
    Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeridesabike View Post
    Does anybody know if the 2 day pass includes camping? Cause that's an extra $45 on the web site. I think the Reeb Ranch is a cool place, but they are rather proud of their camp sites.

It doesn't, pretty sure said it right there when I looked.
    Also looked like all the campsites were reserved for that weekend.
    I was just being curious, not planning on attending.
    Too bad Cascade Lake closed, it would have been a great alternative.
  • 10-13-2016
    RDO
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Brown View Post
    It doesn't, pretty sure said it right there when I looked.
    Also looked like all the campsites were reserved for that weekend.
    I was just being curious, not planning on attending.
    Too bad Cascade Lake closed, it would have been a great alternative.

Speaking of Cascade Lake, I assume the closing had something to do wth that Pickleseimer law suit and settlement. Now that the suit has been thrown out, any scuttlebutt on Dupont/NC acquiring that land?

If you look on the Transylvania WebGIS you'll see Cascade power owns a massive amount of land on the other side of Cascade Lake road as well. Would be an awesome acquisition.
  • 10-13-2016
    2bfluid
    There is a very good chance that it will happen, but nothing official yet.

• 10-13-2016
    RDO
    "a very good chance" is music to my ears.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2bfluid View Post
    There is a very good chance that it will happen, but nothing official yet.

• 10-13-2016
    mikeridesabike
    Sounds like fun, but unless you want to ride the dirt jump stuff, I don't see any point in paying $40 to look at demo bikes.
  • 10-13-2016
    2bfluid
    I think you get to demo bikes for that price, get shuttles around DSRF and enjoy the whole food truck and live music scene.

What ever floats your boat.

• 10-13-2016
    VanillaEps
    Quote:

Originally Posted by 2bfluid View Post
    I think you get to demo bikes for that price, get shuttles around DSRF and enjoy the whole food truck and live music scene.

What ever floats your boat.

Yes, they specifically mention that the bikes need to be returned by 6:00pm. You can demo those bikes on the trails they are shuttling you to and guiding you on.
  • 10-13-2016
    ElBorracho62
    Hell yeah!!! So excited. Have a group of 8 or so coming from Charlotte and Michigan.... Have a VRBO house right by the ranch
  • 10-15-2016
    thefriar
    And your $40 gets you beer... that's not bad economics.
  • 10-15-2016
    mikeridesabike
    I think $40 gets you the opportunity to buy beer from OB. I don't see anything on the web site about it being free. I was up there for the Dirt Diggler a couple of weeks ago. They were the main sponsor, but you only got 1 beer with your race entry.

I'm sure this will be a great event. You guys have fun.
  • 10-16-2016
    amercycprod
    Free next weekend in Charlotte!

Cyclofest | Cycling Demo & Expo
  • 10-20-2016
    profro
    Per website:

Quote:

* Bring cash for food, drinks, swag, and gratuity for your guides and shuttle drivers
  • 10-29-2016
    upstateSC-rider
    Just wondering how today went.
    Planned on going but my goal was to test as many bikes as possible to narrow down my hunt for a XC/Trail FS 29er but it sounded like this event might have you pinned down to 2 or 3 bikes.
    Opinions?
  • 10-29-2016
    ElBorracho62
    I saw pivot, Niner, Rocky Mountain ,Santa Cruz ,specialized Marin im sure there are 1 or two more....I've never seen so many demo bikes in the woods in my entire life lol. I'm also certain that there had to be some of the Local shops had their rentals out in force. It was a pretty small event... really laid back.... actually kinda nice.
  • 10-30-2016
    VanillaEps
    Yeti, Marin, Trek, Specialized, Pivot, Santa Cruz, Ibis, Liv, and Juliana were all there. As well as Fox, Shimano, Industry Nine, and Cane Creek.

I might have missed a few - but more than a handful of choices to demo. All bikes came with top of the line components - SRAM Eagle or Shimano XTR. Some even supplied clipless pedals if you happened to forget yours.

I demo'ed a Yeti SB4.5 and rode the DuPont guided route. Lots of fun.

If I had more time I would have certainly demo'ed a Pivot 429, SWorks Epic, a 5010 or Bronson, and an Ibis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk