Pisgah/Dupont Trails- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Pisgah/Dupont Trails

Ok..

I am certain that this subject has been covered a thousand times over but I will ask anyway..

My lady and I have a cabin in Brevard for the week of Thanksgiving and are trying to plan out our riding days. That said, we are both very experienced riders but we aren't really looking for any hardcore scary downhill tech stuff (yes, I know that makes up a large portion of Trail in W.NC) ie: drops or anything crazy dangerous. She will be on her JET9 and I will actually be riding my new MCR9 w/kind of an AM build on it. Basically, nothing that would require 5"+ travel. We aren't pansies and we LOVE good climbs and fast flowy downhills so any suggestions in this dept. would be VERY welcomed.

Many Thanks in Advance!

Best,

PF

EXCUSES ARE THE NAILS IN THE COFFIN OF FAILURE.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by PanFry View Post
    Ok..

I am certain that this subject has been covered a thousand times over but I will ask anyway..

My lady and I have a cabin in Brevard for the week of Thanksgiving and are trying to plan out our riding days. That said, we are both very experienced riders but we aren't really looking for any hardcore scary downhill tech stuff (yes, I know that makes up a large portion of Trail in W.NC) ie: drops or anything crazy dangerous. She will be on her JET9 and I will actually be riding my new MCR9 w/kind of an AM build on it. Basically, nothing that would require 5"+ travel. We aren't pansies and we LOVE good climbs and fast flowy downhills so any suggestions in this dept. would be VERY welcomed.

Many Thanks in Advance!

Best,

PF
    Well, first of all there's nothing in Pisgah or Dupont that requires 5"+ travel. It helps at times, but it isn't necessary.

That said, you should search this forum (yes, it's been covered many times) and read up on some of the recommended trails. Then maybe ask more specific Q's about some the interest you. I'd recommend you hit some trails in both Pisgah and Dupont. Dupont is more accessible and ridable (less hike-a-bike) but Pisgah can't be beat for the remote backwoods experience.

One thing to remember, and more important than the 5"+ travel, is that it is hunting season here in Western NC and you should ALWAYS wear hunter orange when riding. Also, bring your lights as there's some really fine night riding this time of year.
    many gears, some pies

mtbr member
    Many thanks,

I have since done a lot more searching and have somewhat narrowed down some recommended routes.

Great call on the Hunter Orange! I honestly had not even thought of that.. scary.

Best,

PF

EXCUSES ARE THE NAILS IN THE COFFIN OF FAILURE.