Palmeto Trail Race April 30th?- Mtbr.com
    Jamin, Applesause, No?

Palmeto Trail Race April 30th?

Does anyone know anything about this race and about the trail? I might go do the bike part and then the run.

here is a link http://www.freewheelers.info/docs/ev..._Form_2011.pdf

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    wow, thats a short bike race.

-eddie.
    i dunno if its worth it.

Jamin, Applesause, No?
    It is so short I do not think anyone will show up for it. But I have a bunch of buddies who bike every now and then with me who might be interested in this short of a ride and they like running to.

Has anyone been out to this trail to check it out?
    I do not mind a short trail if I it is a good trail, then you can do multiple laps.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Searching for it online shows that it's only a 1.3 mile trail. Are they marking more off for the race or is there actually an extension somewhere to make it that much longer? I, too, would love to have a short trail that close by to do laps on.

Jamin, Applesause, No?
    I am going to go check it out tomorrow. and if I do not like it I will head to ss or dr to make up for it,

Jamin, Applesause, No?
    There is about 4 miles or more of trail out there, it is just not on the map. It is a pretty good little trail system with lots of potential. Reminds me more or Dairey Ridge then South Side. It would not be worth a drive more then 30 minutes specifically to ride there, but would be perfect for a lunch loop or quicky after work.

You get there off of valey falls road. Turn on to North Campus Blvd. Go 0.8 miles through 2 stop signs and park in the last parking lot on the left before East Campus Blvd. You will see the Trail head and a sign near there. The map only shows the fire trails. but there are several off shoot single track trails off of the fire road. You only have to go about 10 feet down the fire road before you see the first single track on the right.

-eddie.
    so i went today like we we're discussing. Only when I get there do I notice my front tire is flat. Guess I'll go sometime later this week. Thursday perhaps.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    My dad and I rode it just a bit ago; it was a pretty decent little trail. I was quite pleasantly surprised at some of the hills that dotted the area, not to mention the little gulley. Not bad for 10 minutes from the house. I tried speculating what the race course would consist of...

Jamin, Applesause, No?
    We did the little gulley several times. It was oddly fun.

-eddie.
    yeah so if you go again. I LOST MY WALLET!! its brown, i ran ALL of the trail looking for it. If you find A wallet text or call me. I can give details of contents. GLAD i dont carry debit or cash or credit on me. Who needs money??

864 384 3983

eddie

Members who have read this thread: 0