Out of Towner Needs Help Getting to Trail- Mtbr.com
    I know nothing!
    Apr 2009

Out of Towner Needs Help Getting to Trail

Hi Anyone,
    I'll be in North Myrtle Beach in May and I have a 4 and a 6 hour training ride that I have to complete. Is there a trail near North Myrtle Beach that someone can recommend?
    Thanks.
    Eric

Drinker w/ Riding Problem
    Quote Originally Posted by Hozeman
    Hi Anyone,
    I'll be in North Myrtle Beach in May and I have a 4 and a 6 hour training ride that I have to complete. Is there a trail near North Myrtle Beach that someone can recommend?
    Thanks.
    Eric

bring the road bike... unless you're willing to drive to Wilmington to Blue Clay Trails or down to Charleston to Marington or Harbison in Columbia... you're kind of out of luck.

I know nothing!
    Apr 2009

Bonking ... not feelin' well

THanks.

mtbr member
    Take your boogie board
    BS'ing less, riding more.

Supporting PAS
    Upstate SORBA
    SORBA

mtbr member
    Hello:

If you're seeking mountain biking then your best bet is - as suggested - Blue Clay in Wilmington. Depending on whether you're in N. Myrtle of Myrtle proper you're about 1h/15m from Blue Clay. It's a nice place to ride though if you can manage it. Here are some photos....

http://www.sirbikesalot.com/showfile...1&ft=1&grp=193

If you decide to come up and need directions or help you can PM me and we'll get you where you need to go.....

Good luck....

I know nothing!
    Apr 2009
    Thanks! I will pm you closer to when I get there. Should be around May 15th.

Drinker w/ Riding Problem
    Quote Originally Posted by Hozeman
    Thanks! I will pm you closer to when I get there. Should be around May 15th.

You may not have a place to stay.... North Myrtle is burning. massive wildfires

MTBR Member
    There are some trails in Little River, SC (Vereen Gardens - almost right at the NC/SC border) that I ride every week or so. Nothing special, but worth checking out. I get up to Blue Clay when I can, but it is a little far to hit up every week and actually in someways I like the trails at Vereen better than BC - much faster than blue clay.

I live in Ocean Isle Beach, NC and would be glad to show you around - maybe we could make a trip up to blue clay as well.

Members who have read this thread: 0