Oramm pre-pre-ride- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Dec 2010

Oramm pre-pre-ride

Greetings Oramm People: This weekend sometime. Anybody interested in starting at/near Geyser and doing loop of Jarrett Crk. Rd, Curtis Crk. Rd, north of Parkway, Heartbreak following Oramm course? I have not run this entire section yet and would like to learn it. How hard would it be to follow this route using the map on the Oramm website? Thanks in advance for any information and/or participation.

JDZ
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I could do a Sunday ride. I can't make it to the "official pre ride" unfortunately. If that doesn't work for you I could give you directions. They aren't too tough.

mtbr member
    Why don't you just ride the entire course. It would be a lot better. I wish I could make it for the ride on 6/17 but don't have 10 to 12 hours to spend that Sunday. Post up a time for this Sunday and I will see if I can make the drive from Nashville. I think once I got on the course I could remember most of it. I could carry enough fluid on me for the entire ride but it would be heavy for awhile. I am riding Iron Mountain the week before but I do intend to ride the ORAMM course sometime this summer. It's been 3 years since I raced it. Just cannot sign up that far out.

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Sunday it shall be. Name your time. Does it suit you to meet at the Geyser and do the race loop mentioned above? Can you eat mexican food thereafter? Thanks JDZ, John.

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Mr. robertdavid: If you can join us that would be great. We may have some options as far as support. I might be able to stash a cooler with drinks/food at a location to be determined. I know the purists would frown on that but it might save us carrying extra weight up Curtis Crk. Thank you both for your interest.

JDZ
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    How about 9am Sunday? The geyser is a good place to start and I'm down for the whole course.

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Sunday at 9am we will meet at the Geyser.

mtbr member
    Due to other committments, I couldn't make this ride. Will get to it when I can. Hopefully soon. Just wondering how this ride went? Hope it went well.

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    All was well that ended. I learned a few things on heartbreak. A) I need to work on my technical skills, particularly in the wet. B) You don't trial (and error) new pedal systems on such an adventure. C) You can get cold in NC in the middle of June when it rains. In the end all was well and I had fun. Huge thanks to JDZ for guiding, advice, and patience on the trail. 49 miles when all was done.

mtbr member
    I rode in North Ga because it was a lot closer after leaving work late on Saturday. I was out for about 5.5 hours and packed a vest and arm warmers because I knew it would be colder at elevation and I was right. I wore the arm warmers and vest for about 1/2 of my ride. I am glad you had a good ride. Good luck at the race. You will love it. If you can climb gravel roads and do well inbetween the single track, you will do well. I am not the best techy rider but rode ORAMM in 2009 in 7:49:30 on a rigid SS and I am no spring chicken. Of course, it was a dry day. I wouldn't like riding that course wet.

Members who have read this thread: 0