Oramm, Oramm, Oramm....- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 25 of 25
  1. #1
    Category Winner
    Reputation: teamdicky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    6,049

    Oramm, Oramm, Oramm....




    Please refrain from mentioning Will Black's wife, water bottles, Honda Elements, Cohutta, and anything else derogatory in this thread as it seems to get my threads deleted. This thread is only, I repeat only, about the fact that I will kill a kitten if Will Black wins this weekend.
    Last edited by teamdicky; 07-23-2010 at 04:40 AM.
    WWW.TEAMDICKY.COM

    I get paid 3 every time I post on MTBR.

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    71
    yum ... Chinese food for Sunday night dinner

  3. #3
    "Ride Lots" Eddy Merckx
    Reputation: kkjellquist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    662
    The world has plenty of kittens...GO WILL!!
    "Big Gulps huh?...Allllriggghhht....Welp, See ya later!"

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: thadthetroll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    864

    Really??

    So Paul,Phil and Bob are not going to show up nor will thousands of people be spectating and handing out food,really?
    I got my oil changed and tires rotated in my Blue Element yesterday..and at Cohbubba me and Kellie set a course record of 9:15 and took first AND second place on a tandem...
    Sorry if my mentioning the Element gets this thread deleted...
    Eat Raw Kittens!!!!!

  5. #5
    Official Cooler Inspector
    Reputation: M-U-M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    2,652
    Saved pic, just in case. Sic 'em TD, but please don't kick the kitty!
    Now you're cast of steel and cast aside. Broken dreams maybe, but you haven't died

  6. #6
    And He was Not
    Reputation: Enoch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    1,657
    Didn't I just service your Element Dicky?

    It was full of water bottles.
    The Truth is out there. Here it isThe TRUTH

  7. #7
    Thread Killer
    Reputation: crossboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    470
    Is it too late to train for this?

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    941
    Quote Originally Posted by crossboy
    Is it too late to train for this?
    I'm inclined to say yes, but it never hurts to try....

  9. #9
    zod
    zod is offline
    Southern Fried mUni
    Reputation: zod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    1,125
    Can I get my money back?

  10. #10
    Thread Killer
    Reputation: crossboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    470
    Quote Originally Posted by teamdicky
    Please refrain from mentioning Will Black's wife, water bottles, Honda Elements, Cohutta, and anything else derogatory in this thread as it seems to get my threads deleted. This thread is only, I repeat only, about the fact that I will kill a kitten if Will Black wins this weekend.
    ... and to think we wet our chamois together after the race. For shame!

  11. #11
    Category Winner
    Reputation: teamdicky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    6,049
    Quote Originally Posted by crossboy
    ... and to think we wet our chamois together after the race. For shame!

    I wet my chamois with anybody. I'm that kinda guy.
    WWW.TEAMDICKY.COM

    I get paid 3 every time I post on MTBR.

  12. #12
    consistent default champ
    Reputation: brownieinSC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    747
    Holy crap did Curtis Creek suck. And if you were super slow like me, going down Kitsuma after the rain wasn't all that great either. Otherwise, it was a good time with good people to suffer through it with

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    941
    Quote Originally Posted by zod
    Can I get my money back?
    Yeah, me too, there was nothing on the website about the extreme heat and how it would affect me....

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation: mikeridesabike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,966
    Just from working the rest stop (#4), I have to say I have a lot of respect for all you guys and ladies who finished this race. It was hot out there. I don't think anyone who came through after the first 50 or so looked like they were having a good time.

    I looked at the results and noticed that the 100th place finisher this year was over an hour slower than the 100th place finisher last year. So the conditions must have been a lot more difficult. I was actually thinking about signing up this year until I hurt myself back in March, but after seeing everyone sprawled on the ground looking miserable, I'm kind of glad I wasn't riding. I'm signed up for the Fool's Gold 50 in August, which I hope ain't quite as brutal as this.
    Friends don let friends ride road bikes.
    http://www.facebook.com/mikebmiller

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation: extrmtao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,277
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeridesabike
    I'm signed up for the Fool's Gold 50 in August, which I hope ain't quite as brutal as this.
    Ummmmmmm, its Georgia in August. If by "ain't quite as brutal" you mean less heat, good luck with that.
    BS'ing less, riding more.

    Supporting PAS
    Upstate SORBA
    SORBA

  16. #16
    Gabe.....
    Reputation: Smokebikes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,182
    My first Oh-ram and I can tell you of all the years I've been riding around here (20 years) this was the most I have had to dig deep. The cramping started up CC and was a constant pain the whole way........9hrs 51 min of pure hell, even in the rain. Anybody know the details of the guy who suffered heat stroke at the top of the second run of Kitzuma? EMS had to go up and get him and it was a long way to go when I ran into them at the bottom hiking up.
    "Roll your own..........." http://smokebikes.com/

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    192
    I've been wondering about that guy as well.

    Was it heat stroke?

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    1,078
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokebikes
    My first Oh-ram and I can tell you of all the years I've been riding around here (20 years) this was the most I have had to dig deep. The cramping started up CC and was a constant pain the whole way........9hrs 51 min of pure hell, even in the rain. Anybody know the details of the guy who suffered heat stroke at the top of the second run of Kitzuma? EMS had to go up and get him and it was a long way to go when I ran into them at the bottom hiking up.
    Hats off to you for finishing. A few years ago I was cramping go up CC Rd. Knew I should DNF at 3, but made it to 5 and rolled the pavement back in. Never could get the cramps under control and they just got worse as I went further. Couldn't deal with going back up Kitsuma again in the condition I was in.

    But to be cramping on CC Road and still finish....good work.

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    11
    Hardest thing I've ever done. I told the guy I was with after the race I was getting t-shirts made that say 'Six Gap is a Joke'.

    Coming down Kitsuma after the rain was insane - I slid the entire way down. I don't know how anybody did that thing in under 5 hours - took me over 10.

    I think I saw where 125+ people DNF'd this year.

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation: mikeridesabike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,966
    Thomas Turner must be from a different planet. He came by the aid station 20 minutes ahead of the next guy. He slowed down just enough to take a new bottle from his drop bag and headed up the BRP. His mom and dad were following him around the course in a really cool looking mini cooper. They told us he rides 50 miles a day just commuting back and forth to work and then goes training after that. That was a really impressive ride he did yesterday.

    For what it's worth, the first 4 or 5 guys were all riding 29er hard tails. Of course, they could have been riding Huffys and still killed everyone.
    Friends don let friends ride road bikes.
    http://www.facebook.com/mikebmiller

  21. #21
    Gabe.....
    Reputation: Smokebikes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,182

    One last thank you....Oh-ram!

    Of course I survived.........but my poor bike didn't After four years of bliss and faithful service she's destined for the wall of shame outside the shop. In retrospect, now I know why the bike suddenly felt mushy "flying" down towards the Black Mountain death march up.......if I had only known, there would have been another "DNF" for the pile at CP#4.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Oramm, Oramm, Oramm....-s5031152.jpg  

    Oramm, Oramm, Oramm....-s5031149.jpg  

    "Roll your own..........." http://smokebikes.com/

  22. #22
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    941
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokebikes
    Of course I survived.........but my poor bike didn't After four years of bliss and faithful service she's destined for the wall of shame outside the shop. In retrospect, now I know why the bike suddenly felt mushy "flying" down towards the Black Mountain death march up.......if I had only known, there would have been another "DNF" for the pile at CP#4.
    wow, a fiberglass bike.....

  23. #23
    mtbr member
    Reputation: kenpuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    221
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeridesabike
    Thomas Turner must be from a different planet. He came by the aid station 20 minutes ahead of the next guy. He slowed down just enough to take a new bottle from his drop bag and headed up the BRP. His mom and dad were following him around the course in a really cool looking mini cooper. They told us he rides 50 miles a day just commuting back and forth to work and then goes training after that. That was a really impressive ride he did yesterday.

    For what it's worth, the first 4 or 5 guys were all riding 29er hard tails. Of course, they could have been riding Huffys and still killed everyone.
    Hell yeah!
    http://www.hawleycompany.net/blog/
    Your LEAST favorite, insider's look at a bicycle distributor

  24. #24
    It's not what you think.
    Reputation: AlloyNipples's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    477
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeridesabike
    Thomas Turner must be from a different planet. He came by the aid station 20 minutes ahead of the next guy. He slowed down just enough to take a new bottle from his drop bag and headed up the BRP. His mom and dad were following him around the course in a really cool looking mini cooper. They told us he rides 50 miles a day just commuting back and forth to work and then goes training after that. That was a really impressive ride he did yesterday.
    .
    Yepper, he's a machine. No only does he ride that much he also does it while pulling his dog in a BoB trailer. The mini is cool but you should see his MG.
    SORBA-Woodstock Diggin' dirt since 1999.

  25. #25
    mtbr member
    Reputation: thadthetroll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    864

    I had fun

    Quote Originally Posted by sjanes
    wow, a fiberglass bike.....
    I had fun and some trails were bumpy and i now have a black eye from being ejected
    off the side of the trail on heartbreak. It took about 3 minutes to climb back up to the trail.
    It was hot and i got sweaty...
    9:19 finish time and 10th in old dudes class...

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.