ORAMM / Old Fort ride tomorrow (Saturday July 17th)- Mtbr.com
    a.k.a. BicycleKicks

ORAMM / Old Fort ride tomorrow (Saturday July 17th)

Thinking of riding this loop tomorrow starting at maybe 11am or so... perhaps park at the bottom of Curtis Creek Rd > up CC > down and up the backside loop by the campground > down Heartbreak Ridge > across Star Gap Rd (or whatever) back to the car. That loop is 30 miles.

Lemme know if you want to meet up. 919-901-2623. Rich.

Or, if there are other open invites for something similar, lemme know.
    I read that on the internet.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Geezz, I would/need to pre-ride..I know allot of people who missed registration? What was the cut-off, 400?

Will try and make it Saturday, what will you be riding/driving? Hopefully there will be many people doing it?

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    We're doing Kitsuma + HB/Star Gap/CC/BM/HB tomorrow. Pushing off from Andrews Geyser at 7am to head up Mill Creek to Kitsuma.

Though we're slow, and we anticipate a pace of 9 hours for this ride. :-(
    idiom - raleigh hard rock
    http://www.idiomband.com

a.k.a. BicycleKicks
    Quote Originally Posted by stevehollx
    We're doing Kitsuma + HB/Star Gap/CC/BM/HB tomorrow. Pushing off from Andrews Geyser at 7am to head up Mill Creek to Kitsuma.

Though we're slow, and we anticipate a pace of 9 hours for this ride. :-(
    I won't be able to make it that early, but I'll be on the look out for slow-pokes

a.k.a. BicycleKicks
    This 30 mile ride somehow turned into 40. I missed the Heartbreak Ridge trail head on the BRP and went up to the Old Toll... that wasn't my plan. I ran out of water and refilled partially from the spring/seep on HB... tasty. I hope I don't get a case of the shellacs, because I didn't have my Aquamira drops with me.

Ran into Steve and Peter going up CC Rd.

Edit: as someone mentioned on the forum, Star Gap Rd is a thornfest... bad bad bad.

<iframe width='465' height='548' frameborder='0' src='http://connect.garmin.com:80/activity/embed/40795544'></iframe>

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Star Gap is a trail, do you mean Jarret's Creek road?

a.k.a. BicycleKicks
    Quote Originally Posted by sjanes
    Star Gap is a trail, do you mean Jarret's Creek road?
    Yes, Jarret's Creek Rd... I knew it wasn't officially called Star Gap Rd, but I couldn't remember the proper name of it.

Thread Killer
    I thought Jarret's wasn't that bad when we rode it yesterday -- and by race time, it'll be so trampled you won't even notice.

Nice job to whomever hit Kitsuma with a rake in the past couple of weeks -- it was fun to actually see the trail and the lines through the roots!

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by crossboy
    I thought Jarret's wasn't that bad when we rode it yesterday -- and by race time, it'll be so trampled you won't even notice.

Nice job to whomever hit Kitsuma with a rake in the past couple of weeks -- it was fun to actually see the trail and the lines through the roots!
    That was not a rake, it was my Kenda Karmas doing laps.... a lot of em.... at least one last week....

a.k.a. BicycleKicks
    Quote Originally Posted by crossboy
    Someone told me that it was much worse a couple of weeks ago, so you're probably right.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Probably too close for those who are doing the race but if anyone didn't get in or just wants to ride I was thinking about one of the larger loops mentioned earlier. Not race pace but minimum stops. Preferably early Thursday morning.

Members who have read this thread: 0