One year to Plan & get ready-Who's in?- Mtbr.com
    banned

Good job! One year to Plan & get ready-Who's in?

Next September 2011 we are headed back to Colorado/Utah to ride all the single track we can in 2 weeks+. Probably - Grand Junction/Fruita,Colorado then Moab then
    St. George,Utah then back to Moab and then down to Durango,CO. and back to WNC.
    We will be camping with a few hotel rooms thrown in, and maybe a two day bikepacking trip on the kokopelli trail.We need two more people to split gas/room expensives with....Anybody interested? You will need to be an experienced rider in good shape - Last year we rode 2 hours before lunch and a few hours in the afternoon but we had perfect weather,But day trips will be the norm. Its hard to even get 4 people together to ride on a Saturday or Sunday locally so I thought I would throw this out to a wider audience and just see.

banned
    Nov 2008
    you won't get any of the poseurs in wnc to go, all that happens around here is e-riding and semi-pro cock jockying.

Asheville YetiRider
    I did the Hut To Hut with Moto last year. I just want to let whoever is interested to know you will not have to even think once let alone twice about navigation. Fantastic does not even come close to describing how great he is with navigating. I felt like I had a free professional tour guide with me.
    There are Mountain Bikes and then there is "The Santa Cruz High Ball"

banned
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Asheville YetiRider
    I did the Hut To Hut with Moto last year. I just want to let whoever is interested to know you will not have to even think once let alone twice about navigation. Fantastic does not even come close to describing how great he is with navigating. I felt like I had a free professional tour guide with me.
    now that's an endorsement. now if you can just keep from denting your rim before the trip starts........

banned
    Aug 2010
    Are you a semi-pro international mountain bike racer or something?

banned
    Its easy riding with you because you don't care where we are or where we go as long as we are on our bikes and on singletrack

banned
    I really didn't think I would get anybody to go with us but if you have never been out west and you love to ride your mtn bike as much as I do,then riding out west is like the holy grail of mtn bike destinations. Just ask any east coast rider about riding in Colorado or Utah and they will light up.I don't think it will be an expensive trip - camping will cut down on the cost.

$ 800 gas
    $ 500 hotelrooms
    $400 food
    These are just wild guestimates, but you would be splitting the gas and hotel money.
    Two people could go for $1000 a piece, thats 2 weeks of singletrack!!!!!!!!
    One thing is certain....I will go no matter what.

banned
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by motobutane
    Its easy riding with you because you don't care where we are or where we go as long as we are on our bikes and on singletrack
    GET A ROOM!

banned
    Aug 2010
    I really didn't think I would get anybody to go with us but if you have never been out west and you love to ride your mtn bike as much as I do,then riding out west is like the holy grail of mtn bike destinations. Just ask any east coast rider about riding in Colorado or Utah and they will light up.I don't think it will be an expensive trip - camping will cut down on the cost.

$ 800 gas
    $ 500 hotelrooms
    $400 food
    These are just wild guestimates, but you would be splitting the gas and hotel money.
    Two people could go for $1000 a piece, thats 2 weeks of singletrack!!!!!!!!
    One thing is certain....I will go no matter what.
    since Ashevilleyetirider is no longer a member of the "tribe", does he have to change his username?
    Ashevilletallboyrider? that sounds more appropriate for him anyway.

Asheville YetiRider
    Quote Originally Posted by weather underground
    Are you a semi-pro international mountain bike racer or something?
    Only one race outside the U.S. and only 2 podiums out of 17 races total. So I know where my place is on the food chain.
    There are Mountain Bikes and then there is "The Santa Cruz High Ball"

banned
    Nov 2008
    Only one race outside the U.S. and only 2 podiums out of 17 races total. So I know where my place is on the food chain.
    I thought icycle wasn't a "real" race?

pronounced may-duh
    Sounds like an awesome trip. I'm very interested in going but I fear my life (family, work, money) situation will not allow me to goof off for 2 weeks. Sad but true

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Maida7
    Sounds like an awesome trip. I'm very interested in going but I fear my life (family, work, money) situation will not allow me to goof off for 2 weeks. Sad but true
    Dude you need to get your priorities straight You have a year to come up with an excuse for going for 2 weeks.

1 Ride every day
    2 everything will fall in place
    3 refer back to 1

banned

... and if we just ... Teasers

pictures from last year
    Attached Images Attached Images

Gabe.....
    Dude you need to get your priorities straight You have a year to come up with an excuse for going for 2 weeks.

1 Ride every day
    2 everything will fall in place
    3 refer back to 1

That last pic looks like the bottom (end) of Porcupine Rim trail............I once started it after 5pm from Moab and got to that point at dusk and had to ride the road back to Moab in the dark.

With that said............I am way tempted to commit to the trip!
    "Roll your own..........." http://smokebikes.com/

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokebikes

That last pic looks like the bottom (end) of Porcupine Rim trail............I once started it after 5pm from Moab and got to that point at dusk and had to ride the road back to Moab in the dark.

With that said............I am way tempted to commit to the trip!
    That was the end of Porcupine, it was the end of the whole Enchilada that we did that day, we started at Borro Just commit!!!!

banned
    Nov 2008
    here's a teaser for you.

banned
    Aug 2010
    teasers
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails One year to Plan & get ready-Who's in?-san-juan-hut-trip-234-%5Bdesktop-resolution%5D.jpg  

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    wow

Fence guru
    Nov 2008
    me and the wife might be down - 2 weeks is tough though I would probably have to fly out there to cut down on the time away from work/ daughter

we will ride the kokopelli next year for sure

mtbr member
    Just had a few friends get back from Moab. They liked it and while it is a different kind of riding any good rider here should be able to hang. I would love to go but Sept. is my family vacation month.

Someday I will get out to that area to ride and envy you folks now!

Members who have read this thread: 0