Ok so lets here it....- Mtbr.com

Jan 2004

Ok so lets here it....

Whats everyones fav trail in WNC in places like Mills River, Dupont, Bent creek and Pisgah?

Big ring = No chainsuck
    I've only ever ridden in Dupont and Pisgah so I can't say anything about Bent Crk.
    I like dupont for going fast and easy. Pisgah is tops for its intensity.

Pisgah rules!

Cyclist

Laurel Mt to Pilot Rock

So far, this has been my favorite...
    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

My cycling photos. Enjoy!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    While there are many more loops that kick ass. My single favorite stretch of single track is the Long Branch trail. It is a roller coaster with drops and jumps in just the right places. I think that is my favorite . . .

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Punker
    While there are many more loops that kick ass. My single favorite stretch of single track is the Long Branch trail. It is a roller coaster with drops and jumps in just the right places. I think that is my favorite . . .
    Where is Long Branch trail?

I can't single out a specific trail their all great and I have only ridden a small sample. The top half of Spencer Gap is a lot of fun.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    My favorite way to do it is park at the fish hatchery, ride up the upper gravel road hit Caney Bottom, which drops you on the lower gravel road. Ride up the road hit Daniel Ridge loop, which drops you back on the lower gravel road. Ride the road up towards Glouchester Gap, before you reach the that intersection Long Branch drops off on your let. It takes you back to the Fish Hatchery. Super fun loop.

Dec 2003

Bent Creek

I donít know about my favorite, but lately when thereís just an hour and a half of sunlight left a good workout ride for me:
    Park at Rice Pinnacle and take Power Line across to Ledford Rd. to Ledford Gap
    Go sidehill from there all the way to Boyd Branch Rd.
    Take the other sidehill to Ltl Hickory to 5 points.
    Go down Ingles field all the way to Ledford then take Fern Glen back to Rice Parking.
    Itís a great 90 minute ride with about 1250 feet of climbing.

BTW I think it should be "hear it"

I HUCK WITH CHUCK
    Most definately shuttling Bennet Gap to Perry Cove. then back up for a few more runs of course. I also like Horse Cove Gap, but there are too many horses on nice weekends up there.

mtbr member
    Kitsuma, in the Grandfather district of the Pisgah National forest. Tough climbs, super singletrack downhill, wonderful views. This trails is reviewed on this website.

Members who have read this thread: 0