North & South Carolina MTBR's. - Describe what your ideal Stickies would be?- Mtbr.com
    Jamin, Applesause, No?

North & South Carolina MTBR's. - Describe what your ideal Stickies would be?

My Ideal stickeys would not be the new 3 stickies that are about Bent Creek, Pisgah, and Dupont - describing your ideal trail. Too much mumbo jumbo to read through it all. I would put stickeys like, Best route at Bent creek, Pisgah and Dupont instead. Just my thoughts. I think it would be more usefull, espesially for newbs coming to visit.

Support Pisgah Area Soba
    These are not permanent and only temporary. I will have them removed soon.
    Pisgah Area Sorba - Web Site Communications
    http://www.pisgahareasorba.org/

pronounced may-duh
    I think we should have a sticky about our ideal stickys

drunken pirate
    Trail conditions. If we had one I would update it weekly. [freeze/thaw is in full effect right now!]
    More Trails, Not Less

Adventures in Pisgah

Jamin, Applesause, No?
    Trail condition stickies would be awesome!

Gnome
    This all sticky would be also.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails North & South Carolina MTBR's. - Describe what your ideal Stickies would be?-bacon-cinnamon-roll.jpg  

If you don't understand my silence,
    how are you going to understand my words?

Dig it!
    I am all for a up coming work day sticky.
    Should you do more trail work?

Official Cooler Inspector
    Most requested over the years:

Current area trail conditions.
    Routes for beginners/kids/etc.
    Trail work days and local cycling events.
    Regional bike shops.
    Best places to camp/room/lodge.
    Food recommendations.

I've often suggested that this be a FAQ sticky with drop downs.
    Now you're cast of steel and cast aside. Broken dreams maybe, but you haven't died

Its got what plants crave
    I think it would be cool if somebody could come up with a sticky that includes all of the pertinent info of the area too. Something almost like a directory with phone numbers of local shops, watering holes, campgrounds, hotels, cabins, and restaurants that are friendly to our demographic. Also a list of seasonal trails would be cool and help prevent poaching by people who don't know any better. Maybe an image to a basic Pisgah map of popular trails would be good too. Just don't put Wilson's on it, cuz that place sucks.
    Ocala Mountain Bike Association - www.omba.org

endorphin junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by Maida7 View Post
    I think we should have a sticky about our ideal stickys
    LOL, Maida... I like it. A sticky index of stickies.

Echoing Jim's suggestion, a "Start Here" sticky with directory-type info, including website links, to all the local trails, maps, organization, etc.

And since it's terribly important to have exactly the right tires for every different type of trail in Dupont, Pisgah, and all the other major (and minor) areas, we need a "Use This Tire On This Trail" Matrix sticky. With separate columns for front and rear, and split out by bike types. Oh, and it should include variations for the change in the seasons and varying trail conditions. And of course... it should include alternative for both "Pro-Specialized" and "I Hate Specialized".

And we should have a "It's Now Too Late To Start Training For This" Calendar sticky showing the cutoff date when you're just plain screwed if you've registered for _________ and haven't started preparing for it.
    "Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go."
    T.S. Eliot

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    I feel like we are detracting from the importance of this information by calling it "sticky."

Support Pisgah Area Soba
    Quote Originally Posted by dobovedo View Post
    LOL, Maida... I like it. A sticky index of stickies.

Echoing Jim's suggestion, a "Start Here" sticky with directory-type info, including website links, to all the local trails, maps, organization, etc.

And since it's terribly important to have exactly the right tires for every different type of trail in Dupont, Pisgah, and all the other major (and minor) areas, we need a "Use This Tire On This Trail" Matrix sticky. With separate columns for front and rear, and split out by bike types. Oh, and it should include variations for the change in the seasons and varying trail conditions. And of course... it should include alternative for both "Pro-Specialized" and "I Hate Specialized".

And we should have a "It's Now Too Late To Start Training For This" Calendar sticky showing the cutoff date when you're just plain screwed if you've registered for _________ and haven't started preparing for it.
    I don't have the time to make this sticky, but if you create it I can get it as a sticky. I would say to put the trail conditions one in it also or make a new one.

endorphin junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by Logover View Post
    I don't have the time to make this sticky, but if you create it I can get it as a sticky. I would say to put the trail conditions one in it also or make a new one.
    Why do I get the feeling I just got volunteered for something by everybody else taking one step backward?
    "Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go."
    T.S. Eliot

Jamin, Applesause, No?
    So how do we go about making a proper sticky, that you do not have to look through 80 pages of crap to get the most current information?

Example: You look at the first page... It has a list of best trail routes to ride in bent creek, Beginer to Advanced etc... Each has a rating according to what others have voted for, You can then click on that trail route for more information on it. maybe a hole other place to click on that has the 80 pages of opinion crap if you so desire to look through it.

Support Pisgah Area Soba
    Quote Originally Posted by Senor StrongBad View Post
    So how do we go about making a proper sticky, that you do not have to look through 80 pages of crap to get the most current information?

Example: You look at the first page... It has a list of best trail routes to ride in bent creek, Beginer to Advanced etc... Each has a rating according to what others have voted for, You can then click on that trail route for more information on it. maybe a hole other place to click on that has the 80 pages of opinion crap if you so desire to look through it.
    You make a new post in an outline format that links to other posts that contain the information.

For example look at this thread to get an idea.

http://forums.mtbr.com/turner/turner...aq-681998.html

I would do title headers and the link below it.
    Most important ones at the top and working your way down to least important.

Fence guru
    Nov 2008
    where to meet hot cycling chicks?

Jamin, Applesause, No?
    Quote Originally Posted by Logover View Post
    You make a new post in an outline format that links to other posts that contain the information.

For example look at this thread to get an idea.

http://forums.mtbr.com/turner/turner...aq-681998.html

I would do title headers and the link below it.
    Most important ones at the top and working your way down to least important.
    Not what I am thinking of. I have seen that before. But you are one click away from 80 pages of sift through crap with that style. I am thinking of something cleaner and easier to use and that can be up to date . Something that a noob could come on and get info quickly using.

For Example.

First Page
    Pisgah Best Trails
    Beginer trail route
    1. Trail suggestion 12 mile loop bla bla bla (Voted on best by mtbr community)
    2. Trail suggestion 9 mile loop bla bla bla (Voted on 2nd best by mtbr community)
    3. DITTO from above.

Expert trail route
    1. Trail suggestion 45 mile loop Bla bla bla(Voted on best by mtbr community)
    2. Trail suggestion 33 mile loop Bla bla bal (Voted on 2nd best by mtbr community)
    3. DITTO from above.

Then the connecting pages are found simply by clicking on the route you like which takes you to the route information/direction page (Trail Head, first second third turns ETC.) No opinions or crap talk here. Then if you still want more information click some other opinion link. Which could be on the Trails page or the Directions page.

If that makes sense to any one? Thats what I would like to see for Stikies.

mtbr member

i can't read / scroll down

posted this in the pisgah conditions. not smart enough to scroll.

Mods: How bout some similar stickies for other areas?
    dupont, bent creek, kitsuma, etc? they seem to get the most questions. it would help the out of towners as well when asking where to ride after a rain.

another sticky option would be "where to ride"....we seem to get many "i'll be in wnc from x through x, where can i go?" threads.

Members who have read this thread: 0