North Slope Trail Status?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

North Slope Trail Status?

Does anyone know if all the downed trees on North Slope have been cleared?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy G. Parrish View Post
    Does anyone know if all the downed trees on North Slope have been cleared?
    Got my answer. Yes, all are cleared.

mtbr member
    I've hit it 3x in the last week and its riding great... I prefer counter clockwise but its good either way.

The Thrift-Lower Black-North Slope loop is a solid ride for when you are short on time.
    On your left!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Banjopickin View Post
    I've hit it 3x in the last week and its riding great... I prefer counter clockwise but its good either way.

The Thrift-Lower Black-North Slope loop is a solid ride for when you are short on time.
    Planning to get all the seasonal trails in one route this Saturday, weather permitting. There were some HUGE trees down on N Slope this past winter after the mess, and stuff was almost impassable. I turned around. Wanted to see if that had been cleared before attempting.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy G. Parrish View Post
    Planning to get all the seasonal trails in one route this Saturday, weather permitting. There were some HUGE trees down on N Slope this past winter after the mess, and stuff was almost impassable. I turned around. Wanted to see if that had been cleared before attempting.
    What's your route plan for this? I've done similar in the past a couple...park at pink beds, pink beds, SMR, buckhorn, black, buckwheat, Bennett, coontree, road, searcy creek, long branch, gravel, butter, cat, road, north slope, 477 back to car...or fish hatchery, Davidson river, 475, searcy, long branch, gravel, butter, cat, Davidson river, 475b, pink beds, smr, buckhorn, black, buckwheat, Bennett, coontree, road, northslope, road back....

Just asking because I haven't figured a way to include both pink beds and north slope without it becoming either a very looooong day and/or lots of time on gravel and even pavement.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Brown View Post
    What's your route plan for this? I've done similar in the past a couple...park at pink beds, pink beds, SMR, buckhorn, black, buckwheat, Bennett, coontree, road, searcy creek, long branch, [B]butter[/B], cat, road, north slope, 477 back to car...or fish hatchery, Davidson river, 475, searcy, long branch, butter, cat, Davidson river, 475b, pink beds, smr, buckhorn, black, buckwheat, Bennett, coontree, road, northslope, road back....

Just asking because I haven't figured a way to include both pink beds and north slope without it becoming either a very looooong day and/or lots of time on gravel and even pavement.
    Yeah, it's probably gonna be a long route. Preliminary route is: Park at Ranger Station, Sycamore to Grassy to Thrift, up Black to Maxwell, Clawhammer to Avery Creek Rd, up over Buckwheat, down Club to 477 to 276, through Pink Beds, South Mills to Buckhorn, up Black, down Avery Creek trail, back up 477, down Bennett, down Coontree, 276 to 475, Davidson River trail, back on 475, Long Branch to Butter to Cat Gap, back on 475 to 276 to North Slope, back to Ranger Station. I've added some stuff that can probably be avoided, but planning on miles for the day.

I think I got them all, correct?