New Trail at FATS?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Nov 2006

New Trail at FATS?

I've heard there's a new loop at FATS - where is it? Heading down there tomorrow - hope the rain holds off!

Thanks!

Drinker w/ Riding Problem
    Quote Originally Posted by AuntieAPE
    I've heard there's a new loop at FATS - where is it? Heading down there tomorrow - hope the rain holds off!

Thanks!
    Tower and Big Rock are the new trails

they're across deep step road. the connector trail is off Deep Step Trail (see map)

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Great - thanks! Getting in one more ride here before heading to Massachusetts next week

fool goin up, joker down
    Jan 2009
    The new trails are great and from the local guys I met up there, they said those trails don't get that much attention.
    Hope you have a great ride
    Mamma speed I'm back!!!

fool goin up, joker down
    Jan 2009
    double post
    Mamma speed I'm back!!!

mtbr member
    Sep 2003
    Best trails out there, IMHO. Most climbing per mile for sure.

Best two hour ride at FATS is from the parking lot to Deep Step CCW, Connector Trail (singletrack) over to new loops on 1/2 mile paved and 8/10 mile gravel. Then Big Rock CCW to Tower (either direction, it's a toss up), back to Big Rock to finish this loop, back down the gravel and over the paved, back over the Connector Trail, and finish Deep Step Loop for 18.3 miles of quality riding. Least crowded on days there are alot of folks there, and the most climbing and the gapers don't cut all the ridable trees off the new loops. I usually just do it from the house and back and that makes it 23.3 miles and I don't have to drive over there.

mtbr member
    Sep 2003
    How was it yesterday?

FATS got hit pretty hard last night by a storm.

Thursday would be a good day to give FATS a break and it will be rocking on Friday.

Team Tortuga
    Does anyone have any GPS/GPX info on the FATS trails? I used to live in the SE but didn't get serious about MTB until I moved to AZ. I am looking for a good place to ride and just perusing through the forum. Any info/trail reccomendations would be repaid with some great SW info for anyone heading out this way some time.

Drinker w/ Riding Problem
    Quote Originally Posted by crAZy Irish
    Does anyone have any GPS/GPX info on the FATS trails? I used to live in the SE but didn't get serious about MTB until I moved to AZ. I am looking for a good place to ride and just perusing through the forum. Any info/trail reccomendations would be repaid with some great SW info for anyone heading out this way some time.

http://www.motionbased.com do a search on FATS note you have to have a MB subscription to download profiles.

mtbr member
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by crAZy Irish
    I can send you a gpx file.

Give me an email addy.

Members who have read this thread: 0