New Trail on 477?- Mtbr.com
    It's not what you think.

New Trail on 477?

I was riding on the upper part of 477 from 276 towards Bennet and noticed what looked like new trail off the my right. There were lawn chairs and what looked like a fire pit right next to the start of it right off to 477, Any ideas?
    SORBA-Woodstock Diggin' dirt since 1999.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    last wednesday evening there was a beat-up truck parked there, and an older couple roaming around. as we got closer the man was, i am hoping bathing, in the stream just off the trail you speak of, we didn't slow down to investigate. never know what you'll get from an old man with no clothes on.....

pronounced may-duh
    Buckwheat Gap Trail perhaps?

They relocated Club Gap a few years ago. Maybe it's club gap trail

drunken pirate
    It looks like to me someone is out there harvesting timber or something. That truck has been there for a few weeks and they are using chain saws and other equipment and are pulling long split logs off the old road bed. It looked to me like perhaps they are harvesting for some sort of split rail fencing. I'm guessing the USFS is fully aware due to the proximity to the Cradle as well as how comfortable they appear to be (check out the way they have the little stream routed through their cooler).

That is just my guess. I haven't really felt like asking them or the USFS any questions about it.
    More Trails, Not Less

Adventures in Pisgah

It's not what you think.
    Prolly right, Drift. Looked way to obvious to be a rough; sure looked like the makings of a good d/h though. Other side of the road Mr.7, between Club and way before Buckwheat. BTW, what a steller week up there last week.

AN
    SORBA-Woodstock Diggin' dirt since 1999.

Members who have read this thread: 0