New Causual Apparel Brand in WNC- Mtbr.com
    Congative MTB

New Causual Apparel Brand in WNC

Hey all!

We just launched a new apparel brand based in Western North Carolina! Hendersonville based)

We are starting off with collections from Dupont State Forest & Pisgah National Forest but plan to expand into more areas in 2018.
    We are shipping through Dec 20th but according to USPS tomorrow is the last date to ship and guarantee a before Christmas delivery.

Thanks for checking us out!

-Austin

https://www.instagram.com/cognativemtb/
    https://www.facebook.com/cognativemtb/
    www.cognativemtb.com
    New Causual Apparel Brand in WNC-cover-photo-2.jpg

mtbr member
    Jul 2015
    Good looking Dupont shirt, one of the most memorable trail points in the park, too bad you're out of mediums!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Congative MTB
    Thank you sir! We have a replenshinent order on the way and added some smalls as well. Thanks for checking it out!!
    Last edited by GREEN-NC; 12-19-2017 at 07:29 AM.

What does a bean mean?!
    Any chance you'll do a non-trucker hat?

Congative MTB
    Great question: Richardson just came out with a few new unstructured hats in their line up we are taking a look at, here is a link to one of them (hopefully this works):

https://richardsonsports.com/headwea...tured/320.html

What do you think about these ?

Quote Originally Posted by COTarHeel View Post
    Any chance you'll do a non-trucker hat?

mtbr member
    Apr 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by GREEN-NC View Post
    Great question: Richardson just came out with a few new unstructured hats in their line up we are taking a look at, here is a link to one of them (hopefully this works):

https://richardsonsports.com/headwea...tured/320.html

What do you think about these ?
    Unstructured is good.

mtbr member
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by SCxXxMTB View Post
    Unstructured is good.
    Yes

Congative MTB
    Great feedback guys, much appreciated. I'm on it!!

Medium update- should have inventory on 12/28 or 12/29. Any backorders placed ahead of time will ship the same day we get our stock!

Congative MTB
    Alright... spent some time with our embroiderer today on the hats and came up with these two options. The first is a mesh back but completely unstructured (a little deceiving looking at the photo, it is very soft and the mesh is really Thin):
    New Causual Apparel Brand in WNC-r111.jpg

The other is a traditional 6 Panel Low Profile Garment Washed Superior Cotton Twill:
    New Causual Apparel Brand in WNC-otto-2.jpg
    New Causual Apparel Brand in WNC-otto-1.jpg

I'm leaning towards the non mesh back for something completely different. What do you guys think?

mtbr member
    Jul 2015
    Alright... spent some time with our embroiderer today on the hats and came up with these two options. The first is a mesh back but completely unstructured (a little deceiving looking at the photo, it is very soft and the mesh is really Thin):
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	r111.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	92.1 KB 
ID:	1173348

The other is a traditional 6 Panel Low Profile Garment Washed Superior Cotton Twill:

Name:	otto 2.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	54.3 KB 
ID:	1173349

Name:	otto 1.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	66.7 KB 
ID:	1173350

I'm leaning towards the non mesh back for something completely different. What do you guys think?
    Def like the non-mesh better

Congative MTB
    Right on! We are expecting to have inventory around Jan 2nd. Stay tuned!

mtbr member
    Apr 2017
    I'm a fan of the mesh for the hotter summer months but I'll probably buy either one you make. Would love to support you guys. Good luck!

Keep on Rockin...

Name:	r111.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	92.1 KB 
ID:	1173348

Name:	otto 2.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	54.3 KB 
ID:	1173349

Name:	otto 1.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	66.7 KB 
ID:	1173350

Both look good.

For me, the mesh is more practical for warmer weather. While not usually into flashy colors that mesh one is neat looking. I'd buy it if it fit. The adult, one size fits all flavor is usually too big for my head.

Congative MTB
    Thanks for the feedback! We opted this round for the non-mesh since it's (unfortunately) going to be cold
    For awhile and also just to have something more different than our current hat. Expecting to have these in stock by Jan 1st (will be announcing on social media and our mailing list once they're available)

We will definitely be adding the non-structured mesh back for our spring/summer line up, it's a beautiful hat!

Merry Christmas and thanks again for the feedback! 🌲🎁🎅🏻

Lone Wolf
    Trying to move to Cherokee county, cant wait to ride up there, I will keep an eye out for these clothes,
    “I seek only the Flow”,
    Climbing Is Supposed To Be Hard,
    Shut Up Legs :P

mtbr member
    Nov 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Osco View Post
    Trying to move to Cherokee county, cant wait to ride up there, I will keep an eye out for these clothes,
    Murphy area ?

Congative MTB
    Hey guys, we just announced our first giveaway contest of a full collection on both our Instagram and Facebook pages! You can enter on either page or both to double your chances. And yes, unstructured hats will be included as an option, just may have to wait a couple extra days to get your goods if you win

Let me know if you have any questions, and good luck!

https://m.facebook.com/cognativemtb/
    https://www.instagram.com/cognativemtb/

Congative MTB
    Hey All! You asked, we listened! Took a little longer than we were hoping for but the unstructured hats are here! I appreciate those of you that pushed us this direction, they turned out amazing! Honestly, I don't think we ordered enough (only 18 total) good news is we can get replenishment's pretty quickly. We also added a Cognative Logo edition that only has the logo on the front.

I am doing the announcement tomorrow morning so I thought it only right to share it here first! Here is a link to the entire hat line (flex fits coming later this week as well):

https://cognativemtb.com/collections/hats

New Causual Apparel Brand in WNC-img_6436.jpg

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Question: Can anyone promote their business on this forum? Do they have to pay or is all this free? Nothing against these folks, just curious on how this works.

Congative MTB
    It's always free to post in a forum, you can of course pay advertise using banner ads on the site. I think it just comes down to making sure it's relevant and not spamming by posting all the time. That's my opinion anyway

since 4/10/2009
    Quote Originally Posted by pisgahrider View Post
    Question: Can anyone promote their business on this forum? Do they have to pay or is all this free? Nothing against these folks, just curious on how this works.
    It's always free to post in a forum, you can of course pay advertise using banner ads on the site. I think it just comes down to making sure it's relevant and not spamming by posting all the time. That's my opinion anyway
    There's a fuzzy line between what's permissible and what isn't on this forum. The TOS isn't really specific on advertising policies in the forum. There are plenty of cases where manufacturers of various sorts come in and start a thread about their product. Tantrum Cycles is a notable recent one. The owner posted his kickstarter a couple years ago, and has remained mostly to answer questions. Lots of manufacturers maintain a presence here. Again, mostly to answer customer questions. Site ownership does push manufacturers to actually buy an ad if all they do here is share their product, though. IMO, this is one of those cases where you should probably just buy an ad. You're a casual apparel company. It's not like you offer technical apparel or parts where people are going to have questions about installation, maintenance, compatibility, and whatnot. I doubt a simple ad here is all that expensive. Do that, and boost some Facebook posts and you'd probably get all the traffic you can keep up with.

Congative MTB
    I certainly agree with the "fuzzy line" and you bring up for a lot of valid points. For us, we are a small start up trying to connect with the real MTB Community (you should see what banner ads is on my screen right now, anyone else see these Jogger pants LOL??) Given that, we care about more than just selling a product but building a genuine community that encourages others to ride and explore new trails. By all means if we or any other company was posting regularly or starting new threads, to me that line no longer becomes fuzzy, that's not cool. We've had incredible engagement and support from this group. We certainly will not be posting every new product update here (Probably just in the forum based on location when a new ride area collection comes out)... if our followers want to see new products they can follow us on social media... the feedback and advice from this group was crucial for us to pursue and produce the unstructured hats which is why I felt it appropriate to share here. When it comes to running social media ads, which we do, we struggle reaching our end user, which is very niche. It's getting better and is starting to produce results and we will certainly be investing more in this avenue as time goes. As far as banner ads, it's coming, too much on our plate for now but is certainly part of our strategy in the near future. Always open to ideas and appreciate the feedback!

What does a bean mean?!
    Just grabbed one of the "dad" hats. Not sure how I feel about that term, though I am a dad so I guess it's accurate. Happy to support you guys, especially when you're so quick to listen to the local mountain bike community after asking for input.

Congative MTB
    Thank you, greatly appreciated! Ok since you brought it up I'll ask for some more input... there's a trend right now calling hats like these "Dad" hats... I too am a Dad (x3!) and my wife looked at me crazy when I told here we were calling them dad hats... she did some online research and validated the term... but we both questioned calling them that. Being an unstructured hat (that's a long word to put in a title) what comes to mind when describing a hat like this? Thank you again for the order!

What does a bean mean?!
    To me it's a normal hat and doesn't need a descriptor word. Maybe "baseball cap" if you want to call it something besides just "hat."

since 4/10/2009
    Thank you, greatly appreciated! Ok since you brought it up I'll ask for some more input... there's a trend right now calling hats like these "Dad" hats... I too am a Dad (x3!) and my wife looked at me crazy when I told here we were calling them dad hats... she did some online research and validated the term... but we both questioned calling them that. Being an unstructured hat (that's a long word to put in a title) what comes to mind when describing a hat like this? Thank you again for the order!
    Quote Originally Posted by COTarHeel View Post
    To me it's a normal hat and doesn't need a descriptor word. Maybe "baseball cap" if you want to call it something besides just "hat."
    Stupid "trendy" clothing industry names for stuff. I agree that "dad hat" sucks. Is that like "dad bod"? Meh. It's just a ball cap.

Have you thought about setting up a booth at regional mtb festivals or other events or providing raffle schwag for promotions? Do you have your stuff in any of the local shops? I'll bet that you'll have a good bit of interest from folks who only visit, or from people who want to visit.

mtbr member
    I personally don't care, but forum rules clearly state that posts that are advertisements for a business are banned. Check it on quick links.

Again, I don't care.

Congative MTB
    Quote Originally Posted by Harold View Post
    Stupid "trendy" clothing industry names for stuff. I agree that "dad hat" sucks. Is that like "dad bod"? Meh. It's just a ball cap.

Have you thought about setting up a booth at regional mtb festivals or other events or providing raffle schwag for promotions? Do you have your stuff in any of the local shops? I'll bet that you'll have a good bit of interest from folks who only visit, or from people who want to visit.
    The "Dad" hats are now officially called cotton baseball hats... you hit the nail on the head: turns out it's a total "people" magazine trendy word... clearly not our thing... and I got a nice "I told you so from the wife" LOL The company (who is amazing) that does all of work called them Dad hats and I ran with it, again thanks for the input!

I literally just wrapped up the details on our wholesale program today so we can start approaching local shops. We one had reach out to us in the Asheville area which started the whole process. I think you are right about it being popular with folks who just come to vacation here and ride, definitely will be a big part of our market. Going to be strategic about MTB festivals but it is definitely on our radar. Again, thanks for the input guys, greatly appreciate it!

and @ Mike Brown, didn't want to ignore your comment or post another reply about it... I never checked, just assumed if I wasn't posting constantly or in excess it wouldn't be an issue... my bad! I guess it's an ask for forgiveness situation? appreciate the heads up though, I will review the policy!