New 29er- Mtbr.com

Thread: New 29er

29er zealot

Good job! New 29er

I just picked up my new Redline Monocog 29er from Paceline in Winston Salem tonight. It is my first entry into both the singlespeed and 29er world. Pretty bare bones bike, but a great buy for 500 bucks. I hope to get it out to Dark Mountain this weekend!

I just moved to the area back in August and have been riding mostly solo, with the few exceptions of trips with my wife. Anyone in the Winston/ Mt. Airy area post on here? I'd like to try to meet up with some people to ride sometime....let me know....

Also i plan on hitting up the Brevard area some this spring and summer over my breaks (I'm a teacher). Maybe I could joing up with some of you guys that ride over in that area for a good, "show me around the trails," ride?

Sep 2005
    What, no pics, LOL. As far as getting someone to show you around that should be no problem. Just check out the Pisgah Area Sorba website for the weekly group ride schedule, or just post on this forum a few weeks before you get here and I am sure you will have no problem finding a guide or joining in on a pre-planned ride. Just post the areas you want to ride and on what days. Here is a link for PAS:http://www.pisgahareasorba.org/

mtbr member
    Welcome to the world of singlespeeding. I still haven't fully bitten on the idea of a 29er, but the boys (and girls) here sure do love 'em...

post up when you'll be in town. who knows maybe I'll be available. I know the mills river area pretty well now.
    My one says BRAP!

29er zealot
    Sorry, it took me a bit to figure out how to post the images of the bike. So far all I've done is put a 7" rotor with bb7's on the front. I've got a 6 for the rear, but am afraid to take apart the back end of the bike...not sure i can figure out how the chain tensioner goes back together...

Thanks for the replies, I'll post on here and look at the sorba site to get in on a group ride. I've enjoyed looking at all the pictures and posts that everyone puts on here for NC...Ohio didn't have much going on....glad to be in the mountains!
    Attached Images Attached Images

29er zealot
    Here's my other bike by the way...may be neglected for a bit while i get to know the monocog
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nice pair-o-bikes!
    "Roll your own......." Smokebikes.com

Sep 2005
    Very nice, good lookin' Monocog.

Members who have read this thread: 0