• 05-02-2011
    Dillon Bikes
    Need a place to MTB ride / Burlington, NC
    Saturday May 7th I will be in Graham, NC. Graham is about 25 minutes east of Greensboro. I have a couple of hours to kill and I would love to ride some of the local mountain bike trails. Does anyone know of some good/challenging trails in the Burlington/Greensboro area?

    I'd also be up for a group ride if anyone else is going out to ride on Saturday?

    Thank you for your help!
  • 05-03-2011
    lbe
    You can check on biketriad.com and post up there someone will be riding in greensboro
  • 05-04-2011
    CraigCreekRider
    Out of towner perspective - I've ridden over there 3 or 4 times. If you don't find a guide, this route is pretty good and not too hard to follow using the Greensboro trail maps accessible through the biketriad website. Park at Bur Mil recreation center on Rt 220 North, ride Big Loop to Atlantic -Yadkin Greenway on Lake Brandt . Hit Owls Roost, then Wild Turkey, and if you have time go further down the greenway to Country Park. Some new trails (Copperhead?) there are supposed to be very good and bermy. I got turned around trying to find Country Park, but next time I will. Owls Roost is rooty and scenic by the lake, Wild Turkey is swoopy and bermy. A lot of trails by the lake there, some are hiker only.
  • 05-04-2011
    Dillon Bikes
    I've been hearing a lot about the Park at Bur Mil recreation center. It sounds like these are the best trails to ride! I'll make sure to get a map of the trails before I go.
  • 05-04-2011
    CraigCreekRider
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Dillon Bikes
    I've been hearing a lot about the Park at Bur Mil recreation center. It sounds like these are the best trails to ride! I'll make sure to get a map of the trails before I go.

    Yea definitely make sure you print the maps out. The reason I couldn't find the Country Park trails was because the map that was supposed to be in my pack was instead waiting for me back in the car seat.:madman:
  • 05-04-2011
    storz
    Scout some good ones Matt - my HT will be ready soon!
  • 05-04-2011
    mukow68
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by CraigCreekRider
    Out of towner perspective - I've ridden over there 3 or 4 times. If you don't find a guide, this route is pretty good and not too hard to follow using the Greensboro trail maps accessible through the biketriad website. Park at Bur Mil recreation center on Rt 220 North, ride Big Loop to Atlantic -Yadkin Greenway on Lake Brandt . Hit Owls Roost, then Wild Turkey, and if you have time go further down the greenway to Country Park. Some new trails (Copperhead?) there are supposed to be very good and bermy. I got turned around trying to find Country Park, but next time I will. Owls Roost is rooty and scenic by the lake, Wild Turkey is swoopy and bermy. A lot of trails by the lake there, some are hiker only.

    Actually, Copperhead is the 'official' name of the Country Park trail - they're one and the same - but there's been quite a bit of work done in the past year, so if you haven't ridden there in a while, it'll seem like a new trail :D
  • 05-05-2011
    Dillon Bikes
    I am looking forward to my ride in Greensboro this weekend! I plan to ride at Bur Mill Park and then hit the Greenway and go to Country Park. I have my maps printed out and ready to go. I will also be meeting another MTBR there who knows the area!
  • 05-05-2011
    Dillon Bikes
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by storz
    Scout some good ones Matt - my HT will be ready soon!


    From the sound of it these trails are going to be awesome! We will have to make a trip to Greensboro once your HT is finished!