NC in Feburary 2013- Mtbr.com
    Ride da mOOn Moderator

New question here. NC in Feburary 2013

Any ride recommendos greatly appreciated for a visit to NC in February...

...have 4 days to a week depending on time frame I get. Prefer longer loops of 20 miles plus, techy is better, but not absolute, just don't want rail trail or gravel grinders.

Dupont?
    Tsali?

Uwharrie? would like to get back here and the old plantation area, is this possible with mt bikes in that area or is it restricted? Any GPX data or a good loop of 20 miles there abouts?

Croatan?
    Nantahala?

What's your fav loop of 20 or so miles?
    Any GPX data welcome

Last time I visited some of you helped me and thanks again for that
    Thank very much!

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Pisgah! Best riding on the east coast. Especialy if you like the techy stuff.

mtbr member
    Average speeds in Pisgah are 5mph. Take that into account when planning "20 mile loops."

That said, in Asheville/Brevard area, you will have an endless smorgasbord of choices. If it's the 5-10 days a year where winter is actually bad enough you can't ride, head down to South Carolina and ride Paris Mountain/ Issaqueena/ Paynes Creek/ FATS. Can't go wrong!

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    We ride all year long in Pisgah. The trails usually are really nice that time of year, depending on whether or not there is snow that week or not. The past few winters have been really moderate. If you want big days with techy singletrack, Pisgah is definitely your best option. There is flow here, long climbs, rocky and super technical downhills, hard, easy, you name it, we have it in Pisgah. We would love to show you around and would customize a route to fit your ability and trail preferences. Have fun and keep riding! Home - Pisgah Mountain Bike Adventures

Rogue Exterminator
    Between Pisgah and Dupont you have a smorgasbord of trails to choose from.

Dig it!
    http://www.pisgahareasorba.org/meetu...s/ride-routes/

Pick a trail head and work your way around Pisgah. Start out of the ranger station, or the fish hatchery, and keep working your way around to include N. Mills River or Turkey Pen. I would pass on Bent Creek unless you find Pisgah proper a bit daunting.

Don't pass up Dupont as it is a different flavor. Easier miles and some shorter climbs. Good recovery day but still fun as you make it. Hit Cedar Mountain and Reasonover. But know that the creek crossing at Corn Mill Shoals is substantially wet and cold in February, so you may want to take the long way around.

Make some thing better happen.
    Should you do more trail work?

Ride da mOOn Moderator
    Man I'm stoked...
    ...so much to ride!

Com'on February!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Members who have read this thread: 0