Moving to the Boone Area: looking for some rides- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Dec 2005

We the people ... Moving to the Boone Area: looking for some rides

Where are the rides in the area around Boone as I'll be living in Mountain City, TN. Let me know where they are and let's go riding! I could always hook up with some folks. thanks guys

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Iron Mountain trails in Damascus Va. were a blast. Check maps here http://www.mtntouring.com/mountain/h.../race-info.htm

mtbr member
    The rocky knob bike park in Boone is slated for partial completion by september. That is the only riding in Boone but there is plenty of riding at dark mtn in N Wilkesboro and miles of trails in Wilson Creek near Jonas Ridge.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Plenty of riding in the Damascus, Virginia area which is much closer than Boone. Grab the National Geographic map of the area, drive to Bear Tree Rec Area and explore. Iron Mountain is a great trail with other trails and forest service roads branching out from it.

Pirate Race Productions
    Apr 2005
    Beech Mountain is not a long shot from Mountain City if you go in the "back gate" on Buckeye of 321. The new trail system up there is shaping up great with more being added all the time. Nothing like training at altitude to make you a stud. Its also all signed and legal, which is nice for those of us with no sense of direction and a mindless fear of being eaten by bears when we ride alone. Or with Brad.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    I've looked at Iron Mountain. Just seems as if I have some exploring to do! Thanks!

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Although I havent done any riding up in that area since I was in my teens and that was on the creeper trail, it is a beautiful area and all my fathers family lives in Mountain City. Small world eh...my Grandmother lives up on the hill above Food City. Thats crazy. Let me know what you find up there.

Tn Rider
    Oct 2007
    sunday mornings at 8:30 a group gathers at DCW ( Damascus Cycle Works ) to ride some portion of the Iron Mtn Trail, a great bunch of guys, seems like there is always someone new joining, I've just met them myself, 3 rides so far. We had 12 riders last week, I might go next week.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    I rode down the Profile Trail yesterday.

I kid, I kid

Members who have read this thread: 0