mountaingoatepics online- Mtbr.com
    Heads up Flyboy!!

mountaingoatepics online

Hey Everyone,

My new website is for all day soul-searching epic mountain biking in the Asheville area is online, at least temporarily. This site is good for out-of-towners and locals alike. It has info on epic rides with maps and descriptions, east coast endurance events, local info on bike shops, bike clubs, music, food,beer, and trail maintenance. It also has a forum to post a epic ride or find out when one is going out. I've uploaded the site just to make sure there are no kinks that I need to work out. I have found some of the link buttons need a differnt color to help identify them Just keep in mind that all links are underlined! At the moment I have have one of my longest and one of my shortest epics posted on the epic rides page.

The first one is Laurel Mountain to Slate Rock. This epic is the shortest one I know at only 20 miles but, it boosts some stout climbs, beautiful views, and one of the best downhills in the Pisgah Ranger District.

The second one is Long Heartbreak Ridge. I suggest avoiding this ride for a few weeks after any good snow. This ride passes within 3 miles of Mount Mitchell and probably has 5-6 inches of snow on it right now. This is a big monster epic that is close to 45 miles in length and will take every ounce of will a rider has got to complete it. This ride takes you into the backcountry area above Old Fort/ Black MOuntain on some extremly narrow,fast singletrack descents and gruelling gravel road climbs that seem to stretch forever.

I will be uploading more rides to the site in the weeks to come including Squirrel Gap to Turkey Pen Gap( This ride will be longer then it sounds, close to 35 miles), Flat Creek Loop( a gorgeous ride that will take you on a big adventure starting at the Fish Hatchery and finish up on the technical mayham of Farlow Gap, close to 40 miles), Bent Creek to Davidson River( a big monster that takes you from the most popular riding area in Asheville to the Heart of Pisgah Forest, yea it will be a shuttle, but one close to 45 miles and it will have so much climbing you'll be crying by the end!), and the Dupont Epic( my version, slick rock riding, views of 5 big waterfalls, and more soil conditions then you can count.About 35 miles) More still will be coming from Moses Creek in Collowhee and maybe some Wilson Creek rides near Boone.

The name of the site at the moment is :

http://www.angelfire.com/bc3/wncmoun...pics/index.htm

This will be a temporary web address until the main site name goes through all of the registration process. This could be close to 3 days from this posting.

The permanent address will be :

www.wncmountaingoatepics.com/index.htm

Please by all means use common sense when using these directions and realize the extent of your abilties. The epics included on my site are meant for experienced, advanced mountain bikers who crave rides of outrageous proportions. I created this site after seeing the need for online guide for epic mountain biking for visiting mountain bikers who wanted to know Pisgah in all her glory when I worked part time at Backcountry Outdoors in Pisgah Forest.

There is a site for smaller rides of 5-15 miles called www.mtbikewnc.com that was created by Jordan Mitchell. This site has great information on the normal area rides.

Jeremy
    Last edited by mountaingoatepics; 02-14-2004 at 02:01 AM. Reason: mistyped link