Mechanic?

Printable View

• 01-01-2015
    spirit4earth
    Mechanic?
    Hi all, I need a recommendation for a mechanic who can bleed and set up my XT brakes. No, I'm not going to do it myself! Ha! I guess any shop mechanic can do it, but can anyone recommend someone in the Asheville area?
  • 01-01-2015
    kjlued
    Any shop can do it and by posting this all you will do is get a long list of shops. lol

Maybe throw Jason a bone over at Carolina Fats since they just reopened.
    They have always been known for great service.
  • 01-01-2015
    spirit4earth
    You're right, every shop will probably get a thumbs up. I get along great with the folks at Motion Makers in Asheville, but I've never had any work done there. After doing some research, I doubt I even need to bleed the brakes. The bike is a 2010----I might need new pads, though.
  • 01-01-2015
    AVL-MTB
    I second Jason or Gabe at Carolina Fatz 2.0. Pay them a visit. Friendly folks.
  • 01-01-2015
    timdvm
    Thirded.
  • 01-01-2015
    kjlued
    Quote:

Originally Posted by spirit4earth View Post
    You're right, every shop will probably get a thumbs up. I get along great with the folks at Motion Makers in Asheville, but I've never had any work done there. After doing some research, I doubt I even need to bleed the brakes. The bike is a 2010----I might need new pads, though.

The guys at Motion Makers are top notch too.

You can't go wrong at either place.
  • 01-01-2015
    acer66
    Yes, you can not go wrong with either of them but right now I would rather give Jason my business.
  • 01-06-2015
    WWCRACER
    Come check out Epic Cycles in west asheville or black mountain, top quality, quick affordable service!
  • 01-09-2015
    pisgahrider
    There is an older guy in Brevard who worked at the old Backcountry Outdoors (before The Hub) who was fast, fair and sharing with his knowdledge. I have been told he still works on bikes, can't think of his name right now and I wish he was still working at a local shop. But both The Hub and Sycamore have good techs if you are in need and in the Brevard area.