Lost Monkey!- Mtbr.com

Thread: Lost Monkey!

mtbr member

Lost Monkey!

Lost at Bent Creek: One monkey from my back...

Might not seem like much to you guys, but...

after a 5 year or so hiatus from dueling with Greens Lick and losing... badly... I tackled the bugger on Saturday, as part of the "best bent creek loop" recommended by Maida. Thank you , by the way, it was a great loop.

5 years ago... GT IDXC... following some buddies who are way too fast for me to ride with... OTB and full flight, impact on head and shoulder... helmet in 5 pieces, road rash all over... severly hurt ego....

Saturday... On one Summer Season w/ 130mm forks. Let's just say... uphill slow but steady, but more to the point of this post... I had a great time staying upright on Greens lick, caught some air and had fun..

Went on to ride other parts of the park, totalled about 26 miles. Strong day for me..

But.... I lost that monkey that has been hanging on my back... if you see him, run him over or stop and give him a good kick in the nuts for me

John
    On One Summer Season Single Speed

Big Mac
    Awesome! I'll keep my eyes open for a monkey! Are you sure it's a male? I wouldn't wanna, well, I wouldn't wanna kick a girl.

mtbr member
    When you find that monkey, make sure to spank it.
    Friends don let friends ride road bikes.
    http://www.facebook.com/mikebmiller

Official Cooler Inspector
    Decipher the Old Broad Game? I'm kinda PO'd. My guests recently left and I'm up past curfew, but this was pointed out to me... "they'd slam you if you posted that".

If I had posted this:

"Saturday... On one Summer Season w/ 130mm forks. Let's just say... uphill slow but steady, but more to the point of this post... I had a great time staying upright on Greens lick, caught some air and had fun"

Which, I totally understood, but at least three people would have gone to great lengths to chastise me on the WWW for that in 30 seconds. Hopefully, they are asleep till December. This forum is "all good" about Dude Stuff anyway, but I refuse to be sent to the Wimens forum!

J-vet, what bike saddle were you using on your epic BC route?

(That's an old joke, you don't need to respond, unless it's funny. Glad you had a great ride!)
    Now you're cast of steel and cast aside. Broken dreams maybe, but you haven't died

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mbmb65
    Awesome! I'll keep my eyes open for a monkey! Are you sure it's a male? I wouldn't wanna, well, I wouldn't wanna kick a girl.
    Interesting question, but I always assumed it was a male... regardless, even if it was a female, it deserves a swift kick! haha...

Really, it just is great to have taken care of that and now feel ready to move on to more challenges.
    On One Summer Season Single Speed

Members who have read this thread: 0