Looking for trails to ride- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Looking for trails to ride

My family and I are thinking of taking a trip to North Caroline from Niagara Falls Canada mid March. We are looking to ride 3 days (3-4 hour rides). Don't mind climbs and somewhat technical is fine. We have not yet made any reservations but would like to reserve a cabin close to some of the trails.

Any information would be appreciated

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Pisgah Area SORBA Pisgah Routes

Pick one that sounds fun and repeat. Cove Creek is fun and not difficult at all.

Laurel Mountain, Pilot Rock, Pilot Cove-Slate Rock route is awesomely awesome.

mtbr member
    My worries are for general riding conditions at that time of year. Drove through NC on way to Florida last March and was impressed with weather and no snow. Are trails generally ride able at that time of year (also are they open)?

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Yes and Yes, Pisgah trails don't close for rain / snow but they can be miserable in sloppy conditions. It's a crap shoot. It could be raining, snowing, or sunshine. It could be 25 degrees or 50 degrees. I'm being serious. NC winter weather is up and down. Expect the worse and pray for the best. If I was driving that far just for NC riding, I'd wait until Spring / Summer when I know it would be warmer. If you are set on mid March then I hope you have a great time. I will be there the 13-15 from Raleigh to ride some trails that are new to me such as the Big M and Bennett Gap. The two trails I posted above I rode last summer for the first time and enjoyed every minute...well maybe not the hike a bike on Laurel..but you get the idea.

mtbr member
    Thanks

Will be booking at last minute. But it is the only time I can go. Trails are nice up here but only in May so no need to travel that far to ride.