Looking for a good cobbler in WNC- Mtbr.com
    Thread Killer

Looking for a good cobbler in WNC

So although I really like apple cobbler, I'm gluten intolerant ... so this isn't about restaurant recommendations.

I discovered this weekend that my shoe has a nice-sized hole causing the webbing up front to separate and begin to pull the shoe apart. Otherwise they're in great shape -- anyone in WNC (particularly Heno or Fletcher areas) know of a good cobbler who might be able to help stitch some webbing back together on MTB shoes?

Thanks!

Bloated Cubs Fan
    Reynolds on Church St. in Hendo, BUT it will take a while.
    I said, "Do you speak-a my language?" He just smiled and gave me a vegemite sandwich...

Big Mac
    There is shop in Oakley, behind Mr.K's books, near J&S. I have heard good things about him from multiple people, but never used him myself. Should I need to fix some shoes/boots, I'll try him. FWIW.

drunken pirate
    That place in Hendersonville quoted me something like four weeks

I used Franklin Shoe Shop in Leicester. My repair wasn't webbing but was the leather stitching and she did a great job and it was super cheap and didn't take long.
    More Trails, Not Less

Adventures in Pisgah

mtbr member
    http://www.magicyellow.com/category/...eville_NC.html

Also, if it's webbing, I've had fantastic luck with gear repairs (like straps on packs and such) at Jackson Country Store near Westgate/Earth Fare in Asheville. They have a tack shop in the basement that's like going back in time 50 years- including prices IME. Fast service and entertaining environment, more than 1/2 my repairs have been for nothing other than tip jar contribution.

Bloated Cubs Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by driftwood
    That place in Hendersonville quoted me something like four weeks

I used Franklin Shoe Shop in Leicester. My repair wasn't webbing but was the leather stitching and she did a great job and it was super cheap and didn't take long.

Yep. That's why I told the OP it would take a while. I let them fix a pair of sandals that I didn't really need in a hurry and it took 12 or 13 weeks. They do good work, and if you need work on a peg leg or something, they're the only gig on town.
    I said, "Do you speak-a my language?" He just smiled and gave me a vegemite sandwich...

banned
    Did someone say cobbler?
    Gluten free!!!!!!

Members who have read this thread: 0