Lake Norman State Park or USNWC??- Mtbr.com
    The Knights Who Say "Ni"
    Jun 2006

Lake Norman State Park or USNWC??

I am coming into Charlotte for the weekend and wanted to know what would be more fun Lake Norman State Park Itusi Trail or the White water center?? I've been to Lake Norman State Park before and it was ok...Just wanted someone's opion to see if they had done both and what they thought was more fun.

Fence guru
    Nov 2008
    Wwc wwc wwc

mtbr member
    +1 for the white water center...they got alot of things to do other than bike riding and its fun to sit at the restaurant and watch the kayakers and rafters going down the rapids.
    We Can't Stop Here...This Is Bat Country.
    Out Of Step.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Lake Norman is just smooth and fast. WWC is more varied terrain and overall more fun I'd say. Both worth riding but if you only have time to do one WWC is the way to go.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Just call before going as they close the trails often.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Fodder69 View Post
    Lake Norman is just smooth and fast. WWC is more varied terrain and overall more fun I'd say. Both worth riding but if you only have time to do one WWC is the way to go.
    +1, WWC is better imo

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Heading out to Lake Norman in July for a 'day off day trip'. Haven't been to either WWC or Lake Norman but I chose Lake Norman for sheer mileage sake. Lake Norman has around 20 miles, correct? I figure doubling up everything would make the trip worth the drive.

Not so much interested in kayaking or watching the kayakers and restaurants and such. Get there, belt out some good mileage and get home...check off my bucket list.

Would like to hit WWC and add some of the other great Charlotte area trails to go with it.

And He was Not
    WWc has 16 miles of trails now, you can get a little more if you do the out and back Thread Trail
    The Truth is out there. Here it isThe TRUTH

banned
    Mar 2004
    Both are good but different trails. LNSP will be over 30 miles by years end. If you like more technical, then WWC is the way to go.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    wwc is more technical - more roots, switchbacks, bigger hills, etc. lknsp is fast, smoother and in my opinion flows better. I ride both frequently....if I want to make a whole day trip out of it and enjoy a beer with fellow riders afterward I'll go wwc. If I want a quick 12 miles or something - its lksnp.

mtbikenc69 - lknsp 30 miles by years end? What they working on now.

Robtre
    Quote Originally Posted by jbsmith View Post
    wwc is more technical - more roots, switchbacks, bigger hills, etc. lknsp is fast, smoother and in my opinion flows better. I ride both frequently....if I want to make a whole day trip out of it and enjoy a beer with fellow riders afterward I'll go wwc. If I want a quick 12 miles or something - its lksnp.

mtbikenc69 - lknsp 30 miles by years end? What they working on now.
    Adding another 8 miles I believe connecting to Laurel Loop taking Laurel Loop itself to 17 miles. From what I hear its supposed to be more technical but I doubt it will be anything like WWC technical.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
    WWc has 16 miles of trails now, you can get a little more if you do the out and back Thread Trail
    That's great. More than I had heard about. Will put WWC up on my next day off day trip.

banned
    Mar 2004
    Adding 8.5 to 9 miles on the other side of Wildlife Rd. It will be a separate loop from Laurel but in the general vicinity. It will actually consist of three loops. We have about 1.5 to 2 miles to machine cut, then hand finish, sign and get the final approval from NCDENR. This is what that $75K RTP grant is going towards. bOB has been doing the machine work.

Members who have read this thread: 1