Lake Crabtree County Park- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jun 2011

Lake Crabtree County Park

Went to Lake Crabtree County Park today, arrived around 0945 and stayed until 1200. Had tons of fun! It wasn't too busy and I didn't come across anyone else on a trail until around 1100.
    Trails were well marked except for a few random splits, but I didn't mind too much. Did the majority of the trails except for the Farthest northeast ones (loop 4).

Lots of fun stuff to play on, some very fast single tracks, tons of fun! And some technical stuff. Was told about their pump track and checked it out, watched two 6 year olds race around it for a little before heading out to jump on another trail.

Great weather, wasn't too humid or hot. Everyone was polite that I eventually passed. Managed not to break anything on me or the bike, highly recommend this.

Probably going to go much earlier next time though, started getting a little crowded on trails the closer to got to noon so there was lots of slowing down and stopping to let people pass who were on uphills. But still a great day.

mtbr member

Was that your first time out there? They are by far our busiest (legal) trails, just because of their central location. Those trails were awarded a grant recently, so a lot of the trails are being reworked or new trails are being added. So things might be a little different from the map. But with Interstate 40 running along one side of it, the park road along another, and the lake along yet another, you can't get too lost.

If you do go out early, post up on TMTB.com. That way we'll know you've already taken out all the spider webs for the rest of us.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    It was my first time there. I am bringing a friend of mine tomorrow morning (leaving Fort Bragg around 7am) and were planning to ride in the morning there and one of the other trails in the afternoon. Any recommendations?

mtbr member
    New Light (techy), or Beaverdam (flowy, though still more techy than Crabby). Bring the bug spray.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Beaverdam it is!

dead weight
    Dec 2003
    Beaver Dam charges $6 / car. Just so you know.
    A bunch of my ride pics: http://uberfarm.com/mnf

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Crabtree had a light dusting on the side of the trails... took a corner too fast and went down pretty hard. Ankle looks like a grapefruit but then went to Beaver Dam and did a run, was hurting pretty bad and those roots weren't helping so called it a day.

Thanks to the guy at Crabtree for coming back up the hill after hearing my one crash haha. Whoever you are, cheers. Appreciate checking even though I was on the ground laughing, giving the ankle a day to see if it is healing up before seeing if I have to go to the doctor or not. Lets hope not.