Kitsuma- Mtbr.com

Thread: Kitsuma

consistent default champ

Kitsuma

Anyone riding Kitsuma Saturday? I'd like to see it before ORAMM if I can.

Asheville YetiRider
    Not Saturday. Sunday we are working out the details for an ORAMM preride with one Kitsuma included. I should have the details posted by tomorrow.
    There are Mountain Bikes and then there is "The Santa Cruz High Ball"

consistent default champ
    I wish I could Sunday. No babysitter

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Have you ridden heartbreak yet? I wouldn't want to have to ride HB for the first time at ORAMM. I'd put that higher priority over riding Kitsuma if you only can choose one downhill to check out. HB has more switchbacks on the downhill which you want to be aware of than Kitsuma does.
    idiom - raleigh hard rock
    http://www.idiomband.com

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    I"m not preriding any of it!!

consistent default champ
    I rode HB a few weekends ago. It was a LOT of fun and yes, it is good to know what those switchbacks at the bottom are like. I heard there was a part of Kitsuma that you needed to know what line or you better walk it so I was hoping to see what they meant.

Asheville YetiRider
    Quote Originally Posted by sjanes
    I"m not preriding any of it!!
    With your skills you don't need to. Un like yourself I think this thread is more for mere mortals. I thought you were one of the Carmichael trainers.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Asheville YetiRider
    Not Saturday. Sunday we are working out the details for an ORAMM preride with one Kitsuma included. I should have the details posted by tomorrow.
    Not being familiar with these trails can you post a description and length of the route you are taking Sunday? The only trail in the area I am familiar with is Laurel Mtn > Pilot rock which I did last weekend. It was hot as hades with lots of hike a bike and coming Pilot during a thunderstorm was interesting also being the first time on clipless No spills amazingly.

T

Thread Killer
    Quote Originally Posted by M_US_E30
    Not being familiar with these trails can you post a description and length of the route you are taking Sunday? The only trail in the area I am familiar with is Laurel Mtn > Pilot rock which I did last weekend. It was hot as hades with lots of hike a bike and coming Pilot during a thunderstorm was interesting also being the first time on clipless No spills amazingly.

T
    I find that Pilot is a halfway decent approximation of HB -- at least enough that you won't be completely out of your element if you've done Pilot. Of course, HB is faster and waaaaay longer!

I've heard Kitsuma is all hike-a-bike the first time up, except for the top 20. So follow sjanes and attack through the neutral roll-out in order to be on the front up Old 70 ...

Asheville YetiRider

T
    More info.
    http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=633234

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by crossboy
    I find that Pilot is a halfway decent approximation of HB -- at least enough that you won't be completely out of your element if you've done Pilot. Of course, HB is faster and waaaaay longer!

I've heard Kitsuma is all hike-a-bike the first time up, except for the top 20. So follow sjanes and attack through the neutral roll-out in order to be on the front up Old 70 ...

I always attack in the neutral zone and feed zones.......and if there is a crash!!

mtbr member
    Oct 2008

Old Fort to Parkway?

Quote Originally Posted by brownieinSC
    Anyone riding Kitsuma Saturday? I'd like to see it before ORAMM if I can.
    I would like to ride the course: Start @ Old Fort ride the course to the pwy back down Curtis Creek?
    I'm in greenville, sc

let me know..

consistent default champ
    I didn't think I had anyone to ride with so I didn't bother booking my babysitter long enough for Pisgah. I will just be at Dupont tomorrow for more like a three hour ride instead. You are welcome to join me if you like. I'll be starting around 9:15/9:30from Reasonover.
    By the time I drove to Pisgah it would only leave about 2 hours to ride. I don't think that would leave near enough time to cover any serious ground. or at least not at my pace!
    I am also in G'ville

Had to edit and put the right time on there!
    Quote Originally Posted by msmbike
    I would like to ride the course: Start @ Old Fort ride the course to the pwy back down Curtis Creek?
    I'm in greenville, sc

let me know..

mtbr member

Rode it last nite

We did 1 1/2 times around and it was somewhat bumpy...

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by brownieinSC
    I didn't think I had anyone to ride with so I didn't bother booking my babysitter long enough for Pisgah. I will just be at Dupont tomorrow for more like a three hour ride instead. You are welcome to join me if you like. I'll be starting around 9:15/9:30from Reasonover.
    By the time I drove to Pisgah it would only leave about 2 hours to ride. I don't think that would leave near enough time to cover any serious ground. or at least not at my pace!
    I am also in G'ville

Had to edit and put the right time on there!
    I should be there to ride with you. I'll be in a Red M5.

T

consistent default champ
    I should be there to ride with you. I'll be in a Red M5.

T
    I will be in my dark blue Toyota Sienna and my jersey will say Nuvox

mtbr member
    Oct 2008

Thanks,

I have a funeral to go to Saturday morning.
    I may just go to Old Fort Sunday morning.

Thanks for the invite!! We have two weeks and counting.......

Members who have read this thread: 0