Kings Mountain- Mtbr.com

Thread: Kings Mountain

mtbr member
    Oct 2009

Kings Mountain

Are there any trails in Kings Mountain, maybe around the state park? I haven't been able to find anything online. It's been a long time since I've been out that way and really don't know what all they have out there.

mtbr member
    The closest thing I know of is the Whitewater Center in Charlotte - about 30 miles up the road.
    Friends don let friends ride road bikes.
    http://www.facebook.com/mikebmiller

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Yea, that's right down the road from me, I try to go there a few times a month. We are trying to plan a quick camping trip this weekend and are trying to stay relatively close to home.. and it's kind of hard to go camping and not ride..

mtbr member
    Dec 2006

Cane Creek

What about this?

http://www.co.union.nc.us/QualityofL...CreekPark.aspx

I know they've got camping and MTB trails down there. It's been a long time, but I'm assuming it's still like that.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    That place looks pretty good. We may have to end up there sooner or later. Thanks

mtbr member
    Apr 2005

Lake Norman State Park?

Quote Originally Posted by 550GTS
    Yea, that's right down the road from me, I try to go there a few times a month. We are trying to plan a quick camping trip this weekend and are trying to stay relatively close to home.. and it's kind of hard to go camping and not ride..
    They have camping and mountain biking at Lake Norman State Park.

B

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by dodo
    They have camping and mountain biking at Lake Norman State Park.

B
    Also the Dark Mountain trail system in North Wilkesboro has camping as well. About 75 minutes from the north side of Charlotte.

B

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Thanks for those. I didn't know about Lake Norman. I did know about Dark Mt, that's where we're headed in the fall.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Thanks for those. I didn't know about Lake Norman. I did know about Dark Mt, that's where we're headed in the fall.
    If you haven't been there in a bit it is a real treat with Warrior Creek, OVT, and the original Dark Mountain trails.

B

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    I haven't.. I'm excited!

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    I'm from KM and used to ride the trails in the battleground area daily in the early 90's. Recently, the park system took over a lot of the land the locals used to roam. Now it is hiking only (not that it was ever completely legit to bike). I hiked out there not long ago and did not see a single person. KM could have a huge biking destination as the terrain is ideal, but bureaucracy stands in the way. Go to the white water center and spend money in mecklenburg county.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Yea, I do that all the time, I'm tired of paying to park lol. I agree about KM though. We used to go out there fairly regularly a few years ago for camping / hiking and rarely had much company. They could easily have some great trails out there.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    I haven't.. I'm excited!
    If you haven't looked at their web page:

http://www.bmcc.us/kerr_scott.htm

Members who have read this thread: 0