Kerr Scott Pics Request!- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2008

Kerr Scott Pics Request!

Hey guys,

I've now ridden all three trails around the Kerr Scott reservoir and damn am I impressed. These are the most well built trails I have been on! I wish the trails in Pisgah and Dupont were built with the same attention to detail!

Anyway, I think I may throw it in as a warm up ride for my annual trip to Pisgah. I meant to take some pics for my buddy down in Florida to show him what I'm talking about but I forgot my camera. I haven't found a whole lot online that do it justice aside from a couple here

Does anyone have any good pictures of the Kerr Scott trails, particularly the downhill portions of Dark Mountain and Warrior Creek? Video would be even better.

Thanks for the help, and hat's off to the BMCC!

pronounced may-duh
    Check out the BMCC website. I think they have some pics.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    I gave that a shot earlier and I couldn't find much. i also checked their forum.

29er zealot
    Here are some of my shots. If you go to my blog (link in signature), there are quite a few more, you'll just have to kind of look around. The trails are amazing, fun, and great in their own way. I prefer the ruggedness/remoteness of Pisgah, but the BMCC has done an incredible job building these trails!

OVT

WC

DM

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Thanks for the help,
    I'm with you on Pisgah you just can't match the landscape and elevation there. Kerr Scott doesn't have much more than 500 ft. of elevation but the BMCC makes great use of every inch of it!

Since my friend lives in Florida I figure we might do a long weekend. A day at Kerr Scott to warm up, work our way up to Pisgah on day two and finish up with Dupont on day three.

That's what's great about Kerr Scott, you can have a lot of fun without burning yourself out.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Rusty, the following thread has some pics of the trails and trailbuilding...
    http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=481485. The first post in that thread lists others with more pics.

Also, here is another one with some other interesting pics (may not be suitable to view at work)...

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=576965

And don't forget you can join loads of folks who will be feeling the Wilkesbermo flow at the 6WC. Its filling up and fees go up 20 bucks on Feb 1.

Members who have read this thread: 0