kerr scott dam - ?riding for a 12 & 10 year old- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Dec 2004

kerr scott dam - ?riding for a 12 & 10 year old

I am looking for a good place to take my kids mountain biking and was wondering about kerr scott dam. They ride 24" bikes in bent creek on select routes without difficulty but long or steep climbs on singletrack can deflate their spirit. The best is flowing and rolling hills - kinda like explorer loop at bent creek.

Kerr scott dam looks promising - even if its only 1 loop they can do. It seems like OLT there is possible... I am hoping that between the camping, biking and scenery it would be a nice weekend. Oh yeah I just thought about it - I think I might throw in a ride or two..:

Fence guru
    Nov 2008
    ovt and dark mountain would be no problem if they can handle bent creek warrior creek is a little harder (climb wise) - take them down to the bmx track 1 mile down the road (rivers edge)

banjo plunker, wrench
    The OVT (Overmountain Victory Trail) loop is 5.5 miles, and is an out-and-back, with an additional loop (Shiner's Loop) that is approx. 2.5 miles long...the connector loop to get to either trail is about 1.5 miles from the Visitor's Center parking lot. Fun trails with plenty of views of the lake, pull-off areas, two-way traffic, and restrooms and a changing area at the Visitor's center.
    any time spent riding a bicycle is re-cycled goodness....

Members who have read this thread: 0