Just moved back to the Southeast- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Just moved back to the Southeast

I grew up in Greenville, SC and just moved back after 11 years in NorCal. I got into biking in CA so none of my old buddies are into it around here.

I'm still working words like "shred" and "gnar" out of my system, but hey, its a process. The "NorCal Dude-bro speak" sums up my interests in biking: My bike is a 34 lb beast but I like to ride it on anything from fun XC trails to light freeride.

Planning on checking out Sorba eventually, but can't always be super flexible on weekends due to familial obligations.

Hopefully I'm about to end funemployment but as for now, I'm available for a few mid-day, mid-week rides (and random weekend rides) if anyone wants show me some of their favorite local "shred zones".

2 wheels & a meat motor
    Didn't you join Val and I (Carlos) on Sunday at the Clawhammer and Maxwell intersection?

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    I heard a comedian one time about saying he was in Cali. and someone asked him, "Yo, dude, why don't you learn to speak like we do and you would be mucho victorious"? the comedian said, "I cast you out of this man, spirit of Ted and Bill". The man said, "thanks, I was vistiing from Georgia and don't know what came over me. Now I can go home as soon as I can find some fried chicken".

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Solrac the red
    Didn't you join Val and I (Carlos) on Sunday at the Clawhammer and Maxwell intersection?
    yessir, that's me!

mtbr member
    and thanks again for showing me around black mountain. good meeting you guys

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Welcome Back

mtbr member
    I just got back from CA vacation. Rode what was supposed to be the most gnar thing in Santa Cruz (Demo). Yawn. You're gonna love being back!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by litespeedchick View Post
    I just got back from CA vacation. Rode what was supposed to be the most gnar thing in Santa Cruz (Demo). Yawn. You're gonna love being back!
    yah theres not quite as much riding as you'd think around the BA. Did you ride ridge trail at Demo? Demo's not quite epic but I hardly yawn at it!

Someone show me the goods this weekend!

mtbr member
    also, demo isnt the place if youre strictly looking for gnar. someone forgot to tell you about pacifica

mtbr member
    yeah, you're right, I'm being a little hard on it. It was a fun ride and riding in Redwoods was my goal, so that was TOTALLY accomplished...but...

all the (really friendly and helpful) people on the NorCal board were SO high on Demo, even so, because of the road closure I decided to do Wilder instead. we only had one day. But then the bike shop guy was SO high on Demo we wound up paying $60 for an hour+ shuttle ride. That on top of the $150 I dropped for bike rental and then having to ride a mountain bike through Santa Cruz (a city I'd never seen before that morning) back to the shop. It tended to make you think "wow. not worth it."

Ridge, Tractor, etc. were nice...but I still think you'll be pleased to see how much diverse singletrack is available in Pisgah...and I mean width-of-your-handlebar singletrack. Also, Paris Mtn. in Greenville is nothing to be sneezed at. Enjoy!

mtbr member
    wow, yeah its a great place but thats A LOT of money just to ride those couple trails. I'd feel the same way. If you ever ride in norcal again I'd suggest going up to annadale in santa rosa. no shuttling...just one day rental. OR if you can make it to South Lake Tahoe do Mr Toads Wild Ride...gotta be one of the best trails in the country

Paris mtn is awesome, and I drove myself down to FATS on Saturday. I thoroughly enjoyed myself..so fun I biked till I was almost completely gassed and I'm still feeling worked. So cool to climb without pedaling pumping the woops

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    hello,
    Im new to the site. I relocated here with my gf from boston. Im gathering parts/ building one of those 26 dj setups ( entry level chromoly stuff ) , Im in charlotte. Just wanted to say hello . hello

mtbr member
    Hey cruiserific - I'm just about to pull the trigger on moving down as well, to Charleston from Boston. Just curious if you have a frame and fork yet. I won a decent dj frame and fork in a NEMBA raffle a couple years ago and its just collecting dust. PM me if you are interested.
    I've been told there isn't much to ride in Charleston, really flat and just not that many trails, I'm psyched to get out and explore the South on my bike!!
    Wrecker of fine things

mtbr member
    Jun 2011

I DO have a frame and fork already , Im always GREAT with timing hahah. Why what do you have ? What did I miss out on lol . I havent really got the chance to explore the mtb side of things down here yet .Ive been told there are some trails but I dont know how aggressive they are or arent, but Im down to head out there with you as soon as this thing is Built and explore a bit . Pull the trigger dude. Its hot as hell but the cost of living is awesome and cheap compared to the ol beantown. Im right in Charlotte on rt 51 about 20 minutes from Uptown. Im a crappy guide to give you pointers on NC since Ive only been here a month , wish I could be more help dude , but when you heading down??
    Mikey

Members who have read this thread: 0