Jan 5 deadline for Forest Plan Comments- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2009

Jan 5 deadline for Forest Plan Comments

People, its time. If you have not done so, please draft some comments and get them in by Jan 5. If you don't like the logging or wilderness proposals you have heard about, speak up by sending in your thoughts!

Comments can be sent by email to: [email protected]

The online mapping tool is also open until Jan. 5 (and does allow for anonymous comments): https://my.usgs.gov/ppgis/studio/launch/24175

Details on the whole plan revision process here: LINK.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Bump. Hope the crickets on this post are a sign that everyone has submitted some comments to the Forest Service.

Regardless of what you think about this whole idea of commenting, the FS has asked for input and it can't hurt to pad the record with your thoughts. Make your own proposals if you'd like.

To those of you who do not want to see Wilderness in Wilson Creek, FYI, there is FB group out there that has been formed at the 11th hour of the deadline advocating for Wilderness in Harper and Lost Cove and Appalachian Voices has put out action alerts calling for the public to ask for Wilderness in those WSA's.

Thanks for taking the time to provide some brief comments to the Pisgah Nantahala Forest Plan (no later than Monday Jan 5).

western NC
    I honestly don't know what to submit to them? What I mean is, how to word it as I have no idea what all is on the table to be logged in NC. But after seeing firsthand the logging taking place in DuPont last time I was there, it's really sad and I would love to do something to make it stop. Having to avoid loaded logging trucks, and seeing the eyesores of logging roads and skidder trails cut into some of the most beautiful places in the country really pissed me off.

Big Mac

Jan 5 deadline for Forest Plan Comments

Yup, submitted back a while ago.

mtbr member
    To those of you who do not want to see Wilderness in Wilson Creek, FYI, there is FB group out there that has been formed at the 11th hour of the deadline advocating for Wilderness in Harper and Lost Cove and Appalachian Voices has put out action alerts calling for the public to ask for Wilderness in those WSA's.

This is so unfortunate. There has been a lot of effort put in to finding middle ground only to have it road blocked with the deadline upon us.

ready to ride
    Yeah I am really opposed to seeing any more land added as Wilderness Areas under the current Wilderness Area regulations. Complete BC that equestrians are allowed but not cyclist.

I hope all that bike in WNC understand the need to submit their opinions.
    Sent via my heady vibes from the heart of Pisgahstan

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    I posted on the FS site my thoughts back in December.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by HPIguy View Post
    I honestly don't know what to submit to them? What I mean is, how to word it as I have no idea what all is on the table to be logged in NC. But after seeing firsthand the logging taking place in DuPont last time I was there, it's really sad and I would love to do something to make it stop. Having to avoid loaded logging trucks, and seeing the eyesores of logging roads and skidder trails cut into some of the most beautiful places in the country really pissed me off.
    If you agree with them, you can cut and paste the comments from the last link in the OP.