Iron Mountain 100K- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Iron Mountain 100K

Has anyone ever done this race?:

http://www.mtntouring.com/mountain/h.../page_home.htm

It's just over the border in VA. I posted a question on that forum and got exactly 0 responses. It looks like a fun course.
    Friends don let friends ride road bikes.
    http://www.facebook.com/mikebmiller

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    looks like a great place to ride. i might go check it out pretty soon.

Happy, in the woods.
    Nov 2008
    Did it last year and enjoyed the event. It's got a good mix of trails and gravel, and just a little hike a bike. Post race meal was nice, though I'm still waiting for my shirt which they said they'd mail me. Uh, its been 11months. That aside, I'm looking forward to racing it again this year.

The trails around Damascus are decent, with a couple real jems, but they could use some serious TLC, which the promoters and some locals have been trying to do. If yall are reading this and headed out for a work day post it or shoot me a PM and I'll try to get there to help.

The course map is on their website. I'll be headed up to preride it sometime in the next couple weeks am always happy to ride with new people.
    Abba Zaba, you my only friend....

29er zealot
    thumpduster, post up when you are headed up there, I'd like to come along if possible. I had planned on doing the race this year, but am headed out of town for a class that week, so no go I may have another two or three that might like to come along as well.

Members who have read this thread: 0