Intense Cycles Demo Days in N.C.- Mtbr.com

Apr 2009

Intense Cycles Demo Days in N.C.

Intense Cycles is happy to announce that we've firmed up some demo dates in the North Carolina area.

On Saturday, May 16th we'll be partnering up with Carolina Fatz for a demo day in Asheville. Cane Creek is going to hook it up big time at this event -- they will be setting up a grip of new Tracer VPs with Double Barrels. The Tracers with this shock are absolutely stellar -- in fact, an option straight from our factory. Huge thanks to Marcus and Malcolm for helping make this event materialize.

The next day, May 17th, we'll be in Wilkesboro, NC. CycleTherapy in Lewisville, N.C. has set us up with some solid trails for local riders to mash our demo bikes. Thanks Mike & Matt for working with me on this one.

Monday, May 18th finds us in Carrboro with The Clean Machine. We'll be sending out demos all day from the shop...10-6. Come on by and grab a bike!

I've heard some great things about North Carolina. Looking forward to it.
    Last edited by Intense Dirt Demo Tour; 05-11-2009 at 01:09 PM.

not so super...
    The Turner Demo van will be in town that weekend too.

Ya'll have a great ride!
    Nothing to see here.

Apr 2009
    Bump for Update: Clean Machine demo day in Carrboro on May 18th.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Couple quick questions:

1. Any 29'ers to ride?
    2. Do I just show up at Dark Mountain on the 17th? What time?

That's damn yankee to you
    Aug 2008
    The asheville demo is at Caroline Fats??
    Quote Originally Posted by Impy
    You know....... whatever bike they are riding, assure them its the biggest bike of any guy you have ever ridden with.

I love Pisgah
    I think the demo needs to be at the base of Black Mtn(in Pisgah) where PMBAR starts from .
    "I've breathed the mtn air, man" Johnny Cash

It's a long way to the top
    . . . if you wanna rock and roll (ac/dc)

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Looking forward to Wilkesboro! See ya there...

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Could someone please tell me where these demo rides will be located.

Thanks

bmw
    mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Where is the Carolina Fatz demo?

person

Carolina Fatz Intense Demo Day

Hi,

The Demo day for Saturday May 16 is at Carolina Fatz Cycling Center. They are located at 1240 Brevard road, Asheville, very close to the Bent Creek trails. You'll be able to take the bike into Bent Creek.

Cane creek will be demo-ing the Double barrell shock, and Industry Nine will be there as well. Dogs and burgers in the parking lot, let's have a fun day!!

Jimi

Carolinafatz.blogspot.com

Apr 2009
    Jimi, thanks for the help... I just got to N.C. after many, many hours on the road!

The times for each demo will be 10-4ish.

Saturday, we'll be at Carolina Fatz, grillin' and chillin' in the parking lot. We'll be looking to send our demos to the nearby Bentcreek Trail System.

Sunday, we'll be at the Dark Mountain trailhead in Wilkesboro. Again, around 10ish.

Monday, we'll be at the Clean Machine shop in Carrboro. Around 10ish.

I'll have 10 Tracers, 4 Spider 2s, 4 Spider 29ers, an Uzzi for demos. Also have a Socom and 951 to show.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    We drove over from Raleigh Saturday morning and we spent most the day messing around on Warrior Creek, OVT --- then back to the campsite, ready to ride Dark Mtn on Sunday.

Are you guys still on with this?

We got rained out big time! Campsite was like swimming in a lake!

What trails are folks able to ride, when you come to The Bicycle Chain? Any thoughts?

Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by slvrathlon
    We drove over from Raleigh Saturday morning and we spent most the day messing around on Warrior Creek, OVT --- then back to the campsite, ready to ride Dark Mtn on Sunday.

Are you guys still on with this?

We got rained out big time! Campsite was like swimming in a lake!

What trails are folks able to ride, when you come to The Bicycle Chain? Any thoughts?
    We're still makin it happen... It's a little rainy but demo bikes are still getting on the trail.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Wow! Surprised, but that's great you're still doing it. That place has to be a wicked muddy... We took off late last night as a few of the guys we were with, well let's just say... quality tents are WORTH the money. I was dry, dry...

Anyway -- we're back in Raleigh now, but will be seeing you tomorrow.

spec4life???..smh...
    Wow..i knew it..talk about an opportunity missed...

I took a short ride at Dark mountain yesterday about 3:30 til 6. I saw the tents but I thought it was just someone seriouse gearing up for the burn with tents to sheild them from the rain or something...stupid I know...anyway on the way out I saw them packing up and saw the intense symbol on the side of the tent and I thought please lord no...

So of course I sign on to trusty ol MTBR and here it is...ohh well it was a fun ride in the mud on my trusty old rigid specialized...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Intense Dirt Demo Tour
    Intense Cycles is happy to announce that we've firmed up some demo dates in the North Carolina area.

On Saturday, May 16th we'll be partnering up with Carolina Fatz for a demo day in Asheville. Cane Creek is going to hook it up big time at this event -- they will be setting up a grip of new Tracer VPs with Double Barrels. The Tracers with this shock are absolutely stellar -- in fact, an option straight from our factory. Huge thanks to Marcus and Malcolm for helping make this event materialize.

The next day, May 17th, we'll be in Wilkesboro, NC. CycleTherapy in Lewisville, N.C. has set us up with some solid trails for local riders to mash our demo bikes. Thanks Mike & Matt for working with me on this one.

Monday, May 18th finds us in Carrboro with The Clean Machine. We'll be sending out demos all day from the shop...10-6. Come on by and grab a bike!

I've heard some great things about North Carolina. Looking forward to it.
    Have you made it to CO yet? It would be nice if you could come to Vail for the Teva games in June. I would love to demo an Uzzi VP and a Tracer VP.

Members who have read this thread: 0