Implants for a month. . .- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2008

Implants for a month. . .

Now that I got your attention.

My wife and I will be attending training in Charleston, SC for 5 weeks. We'd like to hit some trails out there on one of the weekends. 2-3 hour drive would be great. Recommendations? If you scale trails 1-10, we're looking for about 5's. Fast, flowy type stuff would be awesome. We are from Arizona, so something with some sort of scenary would be nice.

Thanks!

bust a move
    I'm from FL and just rode the forks area trail system (FATS) just outside Augusta GA for the first time for 2 days a couple weeks ago. Highly recommend! Fast w/great flow. I think they have 4 trails maybe 20 plus miles. Don't know for sure what your drive time would be, but I'm thinking it is in the 2 hour range. Locals can give you other options but fats was awesome. Directions in the trail review. Happy trails

Oh yeah, Turkey creek and Wine creek are about 10 - 15 minutes from fats. Both are good rides...scenic and not to difficult
    Last edited by 2ridealot; 05-08-2009 at 08:09 AM.
    Falling down is part of LIFE…Getting back up is LIVING…

mtbr member
    If you're going to have your bikes with you, there is a good trail in town. Marrington Plantation near the Naval Weapons Station. Harbison in Columbia and Poinsett near Sumter are both about 1 1/2 hours away. There are supposed to be great trails near McCormick just north of Augusta that are about 2 1/2 hours. I haven't made it over there yet.

I'd suggest going to Asheville if you're going to make a full weekend out of it. It's only about four hours away and home to some of the best riding anywhere. I'll leave trail suggestions to other who are more knowledgeable since I don't get up there much.

Members who have read this thread: 0