• 10-21-2014
    Weight_of_Sound
    hunting dog attack in Snowbird, WNC
    this woman hiking in graham county was attacked by some bear hunting dogs last week. her dogs were almost killed. the hunters arrived about an hr later, and quickly got their dogs and left, leaving her bloody, and her dogs close to death.

please sign this petition that will encourage law makers to ban loose dog hunting in NC, one of the last states to still allow this inhumane form of "sport."

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/pro...hunting-in-nc/

there is a fund to help the woman pay her medical bills, and a reward to find the hunters who just left her there.

i live in swannanoa, and see people letting there dogs loose on curtis creek rd all the time. i dont care about their perceived culture and heritage, to me, they lack both.
  • 10-21-2014
    mbmb65
    So, how would this impact mountain bikers with unleashed dogs?
  • 10-21-2014
    Weight_of_Sound
    i cant answer that question. i do see how banning loose dog hunting could be a slippery slope, but in none of the other states that do ban it are dogs required to be on leash on federal property.
  • 10-21-2014
    pisgahrider
    If your dogs are honestly trained to stay by your side and to always obey other commands I have no problems, if not please leave them at home. If I had a dollar for every dog owner who has said "he/she has never done that before" I would have enough money to pay for the collar bone I broke; caused by someone's dog running down the side of the mountain, across the trail perpendicularly, thus into me, trying to catch up while their owner was hauling a** downhill. I had to walk twenty minutes with a fracture, carrying their injured dog, while they were yucking it up at the bottom, where they then tried to blame me for the whole thing. It is still hard for me to trust folks who ride all armored up anymore.
  • 10-21-2014
    driftertom
    Pretty much every time I am in the Snowbird or Slickrock Wilderness I have encounters with lost hunting dogs. Last winter, I had one that would not leave us alone for four days. I backpack with two dogs, and the hunting dog was trying to constantly steal their food. It was all I could do to keep it away from my dogs while they ate. I gave it all the scraps I could spare, as it didn't look like it was long for this world without help.

I can't even remember all of the sick,malnourished, and injured hunting dogs I have run across in WNC. It's really sad when you stop and think about it.
  • 10-21-2014
    Weight_of_Sound
    more importantly, this woman may lose her dog. her facebook says that the one dog is not doing well. further reading tells tales of hunters mixing gunpowder in with their already meager rations to make them angry.

No charges in hunting dog attack in Graham forest
  • 10-21-2014
    musikron
    Quote:

Originally Posted by mostchillin View Post
    sorry but hunting with dogs isn't hunting. Baffling that it's still allowed anywhere...

actually, that is a very pure form of hunting. Sitting up in a tree blind sniping critters with a high powered rifle is more removed from the actual act. Why do you think we domesticated dogs in the first place?
  • 10-21-2014
    mbmb65
    Quote:

Originally Posted by pisgahrider View Post
    If your dogs are honestly trained to stay by your side and to always obey other commands I have no problems, if not please leave them at home. If I had a dollar for every dog owner who has said "he/she has never done that before" I would have enough money to pay for the collar bone I broke; caused by someone's dog running down the side of the mountain, across the trail perpendicularly, thus into me, trying to catch up while their owner was hauling a** downhill. I had to walk twenty minutes with a fracture, carrying their injured dog, while they were yucking it up at the bottom, where they then tried to blame me for the whole thing. It is still hard for me to trust folks who ride all armored up anymore.

My dogs are well trained and well behaved. And as of now, my unleashed dogs are perfectly legal forest users, so fortunately for us, you're permission isn't needed. Lots of things in the forest can cause an accident. Critters abound and responsible users always remain alert. I'm not saying you're not, but things happen. Sounds like you were dealing with douche nozzles and is in no way reflective of all dog owners.
  • 10-21-2014
    swoodbrn
    Right, it's not the dogs, it's the hunters. If they're not leaving smelly animal carcasses at the trail heads, or causing trail closures, their dogs are attacking us. Discuss.
  • 10-21-2014
    mbmb65
    Like them or not, hunters play an important role in forest/wildlife mgmt. And they ain't going anywhere. Like any user group, there will be some pecker heads in the mix. Like mountain bikers, they're not all arse holes. And hunters are usually well organized and entrenched, often well heeled, and it's my opinion that we should share. Sharing is good. I don't think this is a fight that mountain bikers want to fight.
  • 10-21-2014
    kjlued
    Banning hunting dogs because of one irresponsible hunter with a pack of untrained dogs is plainly stupid. So what if a irresponsible mountain biker took his potentially aggressive dog in the forest and it attacked somebody? Should we then make every mountain biker suffer for the actions of one? I have met Marks dogs and although him and I don't always meet eye to eye, they are very well trained sweet dogs and I would hate to see them be affected by overzealous people trying to push laws in place because of one jack ass with uncontrollable dogs.

FYI, my granddad had hunting dogs.
    They were very well taken care of and also very sweet family pets.
    I also have customers with hunting dogs that are the same way and walk freely on their property without any fencing.

So think before you act.
  • 10-21-2014
    kjlued
    BTW, this lady is a friend of a friend and my heart goes out to her. I hope they catch the hunters and hold them responsible.
  • 10-21-2014
    mbmb65
    I think we should ban deer because I practically hit one one time. Squirrels too. And bears, because I see them in the forest and I bet they can be dangerous.
  • 10-21-2014
    kjlued
    If we ban bears, there will be no need for bear hunting dogs.

Problem solved.
  • 10-21-2014
    spirit4earth
    The point is, the sheriff should press charges on these hunters. Keep it specific, and hold these particular people accountable.
  • 10-21-2014
    yzedf
    Quote:

Originally Posted by spirit4earth View Post
    The point is, the sheriff should press charges on these hunters. Keep it specific, and hold these particular people accountable.

That's not the libtard way.
  • 10-21-2014
    spirit4earth
    Quote:

Originally Posted by yzedf View Post

What, exactly, would be the "libtard" way?
  • 10-21-2014
    kjlued
    Quote:

Originally Posted by yzedf View Post

Go away with your idiotic attempts to bring political insults in this.

And no, I am not a liberal.
  • 10-21-2014
    kjlued
    1 Attachment(s)
    Quote:

Attachment 933146
  • 10-21-2014
    spirit4earth
    Quote:

Originally Posted by kjlued View Post

Sorry, but I'm not a troll. I live in WNC, and I have a genuine interest in this topic, as well as all the other topics I've posted on. If someone is going to comment on my post and bring up the "libtard" topic, I really do want to know what that person thinks a liberal would do in this case. Politics isn't the issue here, though, safety is.
  • 10-21-2014
    spirit4earth
    Quote:

BTW, this lady is a friend of a friend and my heart goes out to her. I hope they catch the hunters and hold them responsible.

That's all I was saying: catch the hunters and hold them responsible.
  • 10-21-2014
    mbmb65
    Quote:

Sorry, but I'm not a troll. I live in WNC, and I have a genuine interest in this topic, as well as all the other topics I've posted on. If someone is going to comment on my post and bring up the "libtard" topic, I really do want to know what that person thinks a liberal would do in this case. Politics isn't the issue here, though, safety is.

I don't think he was talking to you. Pretty sure he was referring to dork that made the libtard comment, not you.
  • 10-21-2014
    Duckman
    Edited. Sorry. The end.
  • 10-22-2014
    mbmb65
    No doubt that those responsible should be held accountable. Them, and only them.
  • 10-22-2014
    Weight_of_Sound
    im sorry, but how do loose dog hunters play an important role in wildlife management? by providing an abstract figure about how many bears there are in the national forests?

by giving animals, like bears, heart attacks when chased by malnourished dogs? if you're talking about hunting in general, your argument may hold some water, but loose dog hunting does nothing to help with forest management.

half of them have keys to the gates, yes....yes they do, and drive their little pickups wherever they please creating ruts, cutting down trees, trespassing on private property and making noise.

do you really think that by giving out x number of bear tags per year that they help control bear population, and in doing so create a ripple effect that actually helps the ecosystem?

these people do this for cruel sport, and nothing more. do not try and make a case for bear hunting by saying the hunters contribute to forest management, population control, or anything productive. if anything, from my experience, they do as they please and ignore most of the rules of the forest.
  • 10-22-2014
    swoodbrn
    Gonna step away now. $hit just got real.
  • 10-22-2014
    spirit4earth
    Quote:

Originally Posted by mbmb65 View Post
    I don't think he was talking to you. Pretty sure he was referring to dork that made the libtard comment, not you.

I know now----sorry I got my back up!
  • 10-22-2014
    mbmb65
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Weight_of_Sound View Post
    im sorry, but how do loose dog hunters play an important role in wildlife management? by providing an abstract figure about how many bears there are in the national forests?

by giving animals, like bears, heart attacks when chased by malnourished dogs? if you're talking about hunting in general, your argument may hold some water, but loose dog hunting does nothing to help with forest management.

half of them have keys to the gates, yes....yes they do, and drive their little pickups wherever they please creating ruts, cutting down trees, trespassing on private property and making noise.

do you really think that by giving out x number of bear tags per year that they help control bear population, and in doing so create a ripple effect that actually helps the ecosystem?

these people do this for cruel sport, and nothing more. do not try and make a case for bear hunting by saying the hunters contribute to forest management, population control, or anything productive. if anything, from my experience, they do as they please and ignore most of the rules of the forest.

Oh for crying out loud, man! Your bleeding heart has blurred your vision. Yes, hunting animals controls their population. Where did I say anything about bear hunting at all? It's not about helping the ecosystem at this stage in the game, it's simply a matter of controlling numbers. "Keys to the gates"? No they don't. Some have keys to very specific gates. That is all. I think your referring to one particular area, no? I was referencing hunting in general, not "loose dog hunting" specifically. You have an agenda here. It's very clear.
  • 10-22-2014
    Weight_of_Sound
    where do you live? bent creek or something? i am in the woods (like actually out in the forest...not limping around bent creek or mills river) at least 40 hrs a week, for my job, and as a rider/hiker/fishing. my territory spans from clayton, north to bryson city all the way to boone...i see lots of hunting dogs who are lost, mistreated, and down right abused.

i see the terror in the animals face when i come across a bear that is being chased. what is your agenda here guy? are you saying that you are satisfied with this "culture and heritage?" where is your conscionable objection to an archaic and downright stupid pastime? are you a pet owner? i see no difference in domestic animals vs wild ones. both have the ability to nourish, show emotion and care for their young.

yes, lots of bear hunters actually do have keys to the gates. i would not say that if they didn't. are you telling me, and everyone reading this, that you are totally aware of what is going on at all times in the mountains? and are you calling me a liar? you seem to live in a bubble, the "mountain biking" bubble i call it.

my agenda is clear, NC needs to get with the times and join many other states and ban loose dog hunting in the forest. it is cruel to the game, the dogs, and my own eyes when i see a malnourished, wormy hunting dog. they often times follow me for hours because they dont know what is going on. on top of that, the dogs run all over private property, endangering land owners and their right to privacy, which is trumped by the hunters rights to let their dogs run all over someones else's land.

i sincerely hope that the public can use the attack on this poor woman to set a precedent, and set new rules for hunting on public lands. that would be to only allow hunting on foot, not chasing down animals dukes of hazzard style with four wheels drive vehicles and dogs just to shoot them down from a tree.

why would you reference something that is off topic? the topic at hand is loose dog hunting on public land. why do you see this as something that is a benefit to our community? i see it as something that needs to be retired, for the safety and sound mind of most people.
  • 10-22-2014
    irishpitbull
    Quote:

8 freaking posts...
  • 10-22-2014
    mbmb65
    Wow. No time for this drama at the moment. Quite the soapbox.
  • 10-22-2014
    mbmb65
    Quote:

where do you live? bent creek or something? i am in the woods (like actually out in the forest...not limping around bent creek or mills river) at least 40 hrs a week, for my job, and as a rider/hiker/fishing. my territory spans from clayton, north to bryson city all the way to boone...i see lots of hunting dogs who are lost, mistreated, and down right abused.

i see the terror in the animals face when i come across a bear that is being chased. what is your agenda here guy? are you saying that you are satisfied with this "culture and heritage?" where is your conscionable objection to an archaic and downright stupid pastime? are you a pet owner? i see no difference in domestic animals vs wild ones. both have the ability to nourish, show emotion and care for their young.

yes, lots of bear hunters actually do have keys to the gates. i would not say that if they didn't. are you telling me, and everyone reading this, that you are totally aware of what is going on at all times in the mountains? and are you calling me a liar? you seem to live in a bubble, the "mountain biking" bubble i call it.

my agenda is clear, NC needs to get with the times and join many other states and ban loose dog hunting in the forest. it is cruel to the game, the dogs, and my own eyes when i see a malnourished, wormy hunting dog. they often times follow me for hours because they dont know what is going on. on top of that, the dogs run all over private property, endangering land owners and their right to privacy, which is trumped by the hunters rights to let their dogs run all over someones else's land.

i sincerely hope that the public can use the attack on this poor woman to set a precedent, and set new rules for hunting on public lands. that would be to only allow hunting on foot, not chasing down animals dukes of hazzard style with four wheels drive vehicles and dogs just to shoot them down from a tree.

why would you reference something that is off topic? the topic at hand is loose dog hunting on public land. why do you see this as something that is a benefit to our community? i see it as something that needs to be retired, for the safety and sound mind of most people.

Girlfriend, you make a lot of assumptions here. I see you're passionate about a particular subject, and that's great, but your way off base here "guy". Not once have I defended the past time which you are so passionate about. I defended hunting as a whole. I don't have an agenda and I'm not a hunter. I just want to mountain bike with my dogs.
    I didn't make an off topic reference. I referenced another post, one that mentioned hunters, in general, and some of their shortfalls. Has your passion for the issue wounded your comprehension man? And yes, some bear hunters have keys to "some" gates. Not all of them as you infer. I've spent the majority of my life in the woods. Biking, hiking, boating, camping, drinking beer, working, etc... I've seen all manner of critters, 2 legged and 4 legged, and no legged. Don't put me in a bubble, I don't fuggin live in one.
    If you would actually read my posts, really read them, not just cherry pick points for you to spew your vitriol, you would know that I have pets. Quite a few of them. Two of them are dogs, which I love very much. I have lived in the woods. And I have seen many a lost hunting dog. I helped the ones I could. So, "guy", I do not defend the "loose dog hunters". I never have and I don't see why it is that you think I have. You freely confuse my understanding of hunting and it's role, with supporting "loose dog hunting".
    And no, I'm not calling you a liar, which you would see if you could read and comprehend a post, but you are a very dramatic person, with a pension for sweeping generalizations and a pretty serious lack of reading comprehension. Rave on brother, rave on. But you're barking up the wrong tree.
  • 10-22-2014
    Weight_of_Sound
    thats 'penchant,' +1 for my reading comprehension

barking up the wrong tree? by trying to get people to sign a petition to ban loose dog hunting from public lands? please explain.

i do not see how, but arguing with you is pointless, and not why i am here. sign the petition or not, or at least encourage your friends/riding buddies to make an informed decision
  • 10-22-2014
    mbmb65
    Quote:

thats 'penchant,' +1 for my reading comprehension

barking up the wrong tree? by trying to get people to sign a petition to ban loose dog hunting from public lands? please explain.

i do not see how, but arguing with you is pointless, and not why i am here. sign the petition or not, or at least encourage your friends/riding buddies to make an informed decision

Thanks for noticing. Spell check can suck. Barking up the wrong tree by attacking and yelling at me. I am not your opponent.
  • 10-22-2014
    kjlued
    Quote:

I know now----sorry I got my back up!

No issues, thanks for the PM
  • 10-22-2014
    kjlued
    1 Attachment(s)
    More like Weight_of_Drama

Attachment 933386
  • 10-22-2014
    yzedf
    Quote:

Restrictions for our own "benefit" to "keep us safe" whether we want it or not. Usually at the hands of a small il-informed committee and very rarely approved by a public referendum. We've seen it with trail usage changes; starting with those of an equine nature, then it was dirt bikes, then every dog had to have a leash, mtb is under attack in a lot of places and some trails have been completely closed to all access. These things change with time, almost never for the better.

The number of laws is inversely proportional to the amount of common sense of a given society. Generally speaking, libtards want more and contards want less. Used to be the tard level was under 1% per side, now it seems to be upwards of 10%.
  • 10-22-2014
    mbmb65
    Quote:

More like Weight_of_Drama

Attachment 933386

No Kirk, that's not the problem. The problem is that we all live in a MOUNTAIN BIKE BUBBLE! Man!
  • 10-22-2014
    Mike Brown
    There are a lot of hunting clubs, some of whom have serious $, in this area. One of them should step up to cover costs for this woman and her pets. Otherwise, they are not being responsible for their own community (and it's problems). My .02.
  • 10-22-2014
    kjlued
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Brown View Post
    There are a lot of hunting clubs, some of whom have serious $, in this area. One of them should step up to cover costs for this woman and her pets. Otherwise, they are not being responsible for their own community (and it's problems). My .02.

It would be nice of them but it isn't their responsibility.
  • 10-22-2014
    Mike Brown
    Altruism - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

I found the second part of this definition particularly appropriate.
  • 10-22-2014
    The Tedinator
    This thread reminds me of when I lived in the Shelton Laurel section of Madison Co. Every fall, this one dog would high tail it down the ridge line from the National Forest, and cool his jets at my house! I fed him, checked his tag, and called his Tennessee owner to come get him! Happened about 3 years running!

Twice I had to come down my drive way and ask hunters in pick up trucks to move out of my driveway so I could go to work. I always asked nicely because they were armed to the teeth! I guess my driveway looked like a forest road that they could get some altitude and pick up the radio collars on their dogs.

The thing that really bugged me the most though was the high speed driving when the hunt was on! It was nothing to see trucks hitting 60 mph on roads marked 35 mph. I use to tell the wife that if they could afford it, they would probably bring in helicopters and infrared sensors! I often joked that a criminal on the loose from the FBI had a better chance than the poor bears.

So even though I am not a fan of bear hunting, I don't think I will be signing the petition. I am sure that there are many folk who would like to see mountain bikers expelled from the National Forests, and I wouldn't much want them petitioning the government to have us outlawed. And as always when I post on a controversial subject; YMMV.
  • 10-23-2014
    mopartodd
    More reason to carry a gun.
  • 10-23-2014
    Muxherdlr
    What about the rights of the dogs? They were bred to hunt and OP is deciding for them? I have 3 retired racing Greyhounds and they were bred to run. I have no problem with them racing at the track,because that's what they love. Same with hunting dogs and their owners take great care of the animals. Iam not a hunter and I don't condone hunting,but this thread is a lame attempt to try and stop hunting in general.
  • 10-23-2014
    kjlued
    Quote:

Originally Posted by mopartodd View Post

Personally, even though I don't carry in the woods, I have no issue with those who do but did we really need to open that can of worms? lol
  • 10-23-2014
    supercusty
    Pretty lame they get keys to the gates. I see it a lot at wc
  • 10-23-2014
    Duckman
    I'd be willing to bet the reason they give the keys is because I've been told many times otherwise, they cut the locks off.
  • 10-23-2014
    Weight_of_Sound
    Hunting dogs exempt from NC dangerous dog law

Here's the latest from the incident.

For those of you who think I am a drama queen trying to stir the pot, shut your complacent yaps. You don't know me, what I stand for, or what the hell you are talking about. You gun toting fake Christian lemmings.
  • 10-23-2014
    litespeedchick
    [QUOTE=Weight_of_Sound;11532105You gun toting fake Christian lemmings.[/QUOTE]

Wow. Glad this didn't deteriorate into name-calling. :rolleyes:
  • 10-23-2014
    jnroyal
    Weight of Sound, I'm a tree-hugging, dirt-worshipper libtard and appreciate you sharing the facts. I also agree with your views on hunting with dogs, and bear hunting in general. But you'd probably win over more hearts if you could tone down the rhetoric a bit.

FWIW, I was out in Asheville last week and rode Pisgah several times. I saw one lost hunting dog and more hunters than I can count. But I didn't see a single one of these "problem" bears whose population is so desperately in need of control.
  • 10-23-2014
    skyboss
    @ Weight_of_sound

I think it's funny when someone wants everyone else to see their point they talk about how they can't do anything without encountering said problem. Case in point, you can't go into the woods without encountering starving, abused, lost, gunpowder feed so that they will be meaner, hunting dogs. It's like hikers who don't like mtbers. They almost die everytime they go hiking because of the speed demon, pot smoking, beer drinking, hiker hating, trail destroying, mtbers. I spent my fair share of time in the woods and have come across some hunting dogs, but none have ever givin me a problem, hunters either for that matter. Nor did any appear to be abused. I really hate that this girl went through this and the dog owners should be held responsible for their dogs. The same way I would be if my dogs attacked someone. However even in the article you posted, a N.C. Wildlife Resources Commission biologist called the attack extremely unusual . I don't hunt bear or run dogs for anything, I just don't have a problem with those that do.

And that's what my complacent yap has to say about that.
  • 10-23-2014
    mbmb65
    Quote:

For those of you who think I am a drama queen trying to stir the pot, shut your complacent yaps. You don't know me, what I stand for, or what the hell you are talking about. You gun toting fake Christian lemmings.

Really? Are you medicated? You should be. You have been nothing but hateful and judgmental, towards people you know nothing about, I might add, since you darkened these doors. And now you're whining about people calling you a drama queen because we know nothing about you? Wow. Wow. We know plenty. We have your posts here. They speak volumes about you. Why do you display such hatred and anger? With you as spokesperson, your cause will go no where. Perhaps eating some meat will change your attitude? Dunno, you need sumpin.
  • 10-23-2014
    kjlued
    Quote:

What little respect you had (and that was very little) is now all gone.

Quote:

Originally Posted by skyboss View Post
    @ Weight_of_sound

I think it's funny when someone wants everyone else to see their point they talk about how they can't do anything without encountering said problem. Case in point, you can't go into the woods without encountering starving, abused, lost, gunpowder feed so that they will be meaner, hunting dogs. It's like hikers who don't like mtbers. They almost die everytime they go hiking because of the speed demon, pot smoking, beer drinking, hiker hating, trail destroying, mtbers. I spent my fair share of time in the woods and have come across some hunting dogs, but none have ever givin me a problem, hunters either for that matter. Nor did any appear to be abused. I really hate that this girl went through this and the dog owners should be held responsible for their dogs. The same way I would be if my dogs attacked someone. However even in the article you posted, a N.C. Wildlife Resources Commission biologist called the attack extremely unusual . I don't hunt bear or run dogs for anything, I just don't have a problem with those that do.

And that's what my complacent yap has to say about that.

Exactly!

But she is an oversensitive little drama queen that is going to over exaggerate the situation in order to achieve an agenda without fully knowing (or caring) about the consequences of her actions.
  • 10-23-2014
    Vespasianus
    Quote:

Originally Posted by mopartodd View Post

But if she shot a dog she would be charged with cruelty to animals....
  • 10-23-2014
    kjlued
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Vespasianus View Post
    But if she shot a dog she would be charged with cruelty to animals....

Unfortunately not always true in the state of NC.

Friends dog was shot by his druggie neighbor for no reason at all after escaping the fenced yard and going on his property. It was perfectly legal even though the dog was never aggressive and necropsy we all payed for showed it was shot in the back and not from close range.

Pretty sure if you shot an aggressive dog you will be ok.
  • 10-23-2014
    Weight_of_Sound
    Bully for you clowns, you don't respect me. What a loss.

I still maintain that loose dog hunting is an archaic practice, and I sincerely hope this incident sets new precedence across the state. The Wildlife officers quoted is probably related to the culprits, and of course the sheriff is going to say its up to the forest service to press charges, and of course the forest service is going to say no laws were broken. Technically they weren't, if you're satisfied with this good old boy run-a-round, then you turds just stay right here on the internet, I don't want my kids to see how soft in the middle you are.
  • 10-23-2014
    mbmb65
    You have off spring? If I were you, I wouldn't want them to see me, and how I've behaved here. But I'm not you, and my son would not be ashamed of my behavior here. Good luck to you.
  • 10-23-2014
    Vespasianus
    Quote:

Unfortunately not always true in the state of NC.

Friends dog was shot by his druggie neighbor for no reason at all after escaping the fenced yard and going on his property. It was perfectly legal even though the dog was never aggressive and necropsy we all payed for showed it was shot in the back and not from close range.

Pretty sure if you shot an aggressive dog you will be ok.

Even if no criminal charges were filed, I would actually file a lawsuit. The victim should do this if they truly believe they were wronged.
  • 10-24-2014
    kjlued
    Quote:

I still maintain that loose dog hunting is an archaic practice, and I sincerely hope this incident sets new precedence across the state. The Wildlife officers quoted is probably related to the culprits, and of course the sheriff is going to say its up to the forest service to press charges, and of course the forest service is going to say no laws were broken. Technically they weren't, if you're satisfied with this good old boy run-a-round, then you turds just stay right here on the internet, I don't want my kids to see how soft in the middle you are.

Yeah, I always sincerely hope that one incident out of thousands bans a practice and punishes everyone. I mean just the other day there was this car accident that somebody got hurt in and I said, we should ban cars before somebody gets killed.
  • 10-24-2014
    kjlued
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Vespasianus View Post
    Even if no criminal charges were filed, I would actually file a lawsuit. The victim should do this if they truly believe they were wronged.

Filing a lawsuit is very expensive when you don't have the money to do it and is pointless when the person you are doing it against is a pilled up druggy that has nothing to take.

Anyways that is a whole other topic.
  • 10-24-2014
    Weight_of_Sound
    kjlued, you're like a child that has wandered into the room in the middle of a conversation.

Just shhhhhhhhh.
  • 10-24-2014
    Weight_of_Sound
    Hunters do cut the locks off. Maybe with the revised management plan there will be less of that? Not sure about this side of Pisgah, but maybe the new ranger on that side will be less tolerant of that sort of thing, especially if he came from elsewhere.
  • 10-24-2014
    Weight_of_Sound
    I do appreciate any advise from anyone actually. I had no animosity toward anyone until these folks started telling me I was a drama queen, trying to inflate some situation that I had deemed a big deal.

The truth is, I believe these people to be combative in every regard, and in reading their previous posts on this site they offer nothing insightful, original or apropos to what we are discussing.

The bubble.
  • 10-24-2014
    irishpitbull
    Quote:

I do appreciate any advise from anyone actually. I had no animosity toward anyone until these folks started telling me I was a drama queen, trying to inflate some situation that I had deemed a big deal.

The truth is, I believe these people to be combative in every regard, and in reading their previous posts on this site they offer nothing insightful, original or apropos to what we are discussing.

The bubble.

Do you "tweet" your insanity too?
  • 10-24-2014
    kjlued
    Quote:

kjlued, you're like a child that has wandered into the room in the middle of a conversation.

Just shhhhhhhhh.

You're like a dumb ass that wandered in to a mountain bike forum posting stupid sh!t.

Just go away
  • 10-28-2014
    WNCGoater
    Quote:

I have decent enough reading comprehension. And other than saying what follows, I have no interest in wading into this swamp but...

You have no idea what you're talking about.

Beyond that, you obviously have an agenda and will gleefully take ONE unfortunate incident to promote that agenda.

You have no credibility.
  • 10-28-2014
    WNCGoater
    Quote:

... you turds just stay right here on the internet, I don't want my kids to see how soft in the middle you are.

And you sought respect from those who disagreed with you by calling them names? And you continue still?
    Typical.

Yeah, strange that these "clowns" don't respect you. I cannot fathom why???

Our loss, yeah, well, okie-dokie.

Bye.