how wet is too wet at bent creek?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

how wet is too wet at bent creek?

Hi-
    In town (Asheville) for just a few days. (just got in today)
    Bummed to see this morning's rain. I had planned to ride at Bent Creek this afternoon....

How are the trails out there? Assuming it's been pretty dry lately. Okay to ride out there later today?

thanks

"Ride Lots" Eddy Merckx
    It has been raining all night and all morning with some solid thunderstorms mixed in. Of course you can do whatever you want, but I would like to see more people give the trails a rest at times like this.
    "Big Gulps huh?...Allllriggghhht....Welp, See ya later!"

drunken pirate
    I don't know much about Bent Creek but people say it holds water so you might want to avoid it. I do know that the rest of the District drains very fast so if you are looking to ride you might want to head a little further in and hit something like Trace Ridge or Laurel > Pilot. I'll be riding somewhere tonight
    More Trails, Not Less

Adventures in Pisgah

mtbr member
    I agree w/ Driftwood. I'm going to re kindle my love affair w/ asphalt today though.
    My one says BRAP!

mtbr member
    I agree with KK and D'wood. The north and southwest side of DuPont should be good by this afternoon. The trail tread is somewhat sandy and drains well. Might want to stay away from Reasonover and the area around Fawn Lake. BTW KK, thanks for your painting skills yesterday with BP. Did he really do all the work?
    Pedal harder, damnit.

"Ride Lots" Eddy Merckx
    Quote Originally Posted by pedalharder View Post
    Did he really do all the work?
    Yep, but I burned all the gas...
    "Big Gulps huh?...Allllriggghhht....Welp, See ya later!"

Official Cooler Inspector
    You could always do "the bowl". This is all gravel access roads, but not too shabby of a workout. Unless the area gets totally saturated, you'll remain clean. I usually do this from the house:

Rice Pinnacle/left on Ledford/right on Boyd (picnic tables)/right on 479 to left at South Ridge/left at the end (canal) to the lake spillway/Camp Ground Connector/straight across to Boyd (or go right and take Ledford on the left)/back up to Rice Pinnacle.

I just got home. It has started drizzling, with sun.

My Friday rain ride? Heck no - I'm headed to 12 Bones, the Wedge and Mountain Sports Festival to see the XC race!

Now you're cast of steel and cast aside. Broken dreams maybe, but you haven't died

mtbr member
    just getting back to this thread... thanks for the good advice, locals. I did end up going out there on Friday, but stuck to gravel FS roads only. Trails didn't look too bad, but had to be wet, considering condition of FS road. I stayed off, to be safe.

Did spend two days riding at Dupont for the first time. Wow, some seriously fun trails there. The dude that sold me a map at The Hub/Backcountry Outdoors was very helpful in route suggestions. Didn't get this name, but very much appreciated. Dupont has some of the best trails I've ridden...anywhere. (of course, you all know this already) Thanks-

Members who have read this thread: 0