• 09-03-2014
    Dangerous E
    Hi. I need friends. (Brevard friends)
    Hey all, looking for some riding partners in Brevard. I'm headed there this Friday (9/5), meeting a few dudes from Colorado and we're hoping to meet up with some folks that know the area. One of my buddies has a basic knowledge of the trails but we're looking to tee up some longer/all-day rides. All of us are capable pretty aggressive riders and generally fun people to shred with. If you ever want to come ride insanley good trails in Stowe, Vermont, I can repay your tour guidery in kind.

Thanks y'all!
  • 09-03-2014
    kjlued
    If I don't end up doing the Oskar Blues Enduro this weekend, I might be down to guide.
  • 09-04-2014
    Dangerous E
    Rad! PM me if you're around and want to shred...
  • 09-04-2014
    kjlued
    Sorry but I will be doing the enduro race this weekend.
  • 09-04-2014
    scmtbiker
    I like Stowe. Only in Winter. If you don't find anyone here stop at Sycamore and The Hub. They give great trail advice and directions. If you are there early enough you may also pick up a guide, or friend as you like to call them. If you go it alone be sure to get a map. A compass would probably not be a bad addition either as it is not hard to get lost in Pisgah. Most of all, Have FUN.
  • 09-05-2014
    Dangerous E
    No worries. Hit me up if something changes. Good luck!
  • 09-05-2014
    kjlued
    Thanks have fun riding.

Some suggestions.

Park before the ranger station on 276, take the road to the horse stables, climb clawhammer to middle/upper black. Take upper black to Avery Creek. Go down Avery Creek half way down and cut back over to upper/middle black then take middle and lower black all the way to the car. This will allow you to do all of Black Mountain.

Another suggestion is Mills River area.
    Park at the bottom of Pilot Cove Slate Rock.
    Take the Road up to Laurel Mtn > Pilot Rock Conn > Pilot Rock.
    Then if you have more in you take Pilot Cove Slate rock. If not, take the road back to the car.

Those are my personal favorite loops but there isn't a bad one in all of Pisgah.

Get the Pisgah Map Company Map too. It is by far the best map for the area.
    The guys at The Hub or Sycamore can show you those routes on the map.
  • 09-06-2014
    Dangerous E
    Thank man! Had an awesome day at Dupont today. Riding Pisgah tomorrow. We'll be riding Monday and Tuesday as well if you want to get out for rip.

Thanks again!
  • 09-07-2014
    kjlued
    Floating down the river today with my gf and work Mon and Tues.
    Pretty beat up from all the crashing at the enduro on the first segment.
    Steep and slick (about a 15% average grade) and everyone was crashing. lol
  • 09-07-2014
    WNCGoater
    Was the enduro fun? I ride over there some. Turkey Gut, Stairstep, Bishop Branch. Never been down Pulliam or into the cove.
    Thought I may like to go watch the Enduro but kid's soccer game and other obligations.

I rode lower Black Mtn today in Pisgah and looped around Sycamore Cove loop. It was great!
  • 09-09-2014
    kjlued
    The enduro was fun.

Although it does not include riding down Pulliam or Green River Trail they are both fun trails to go down. Instead we rode up them but they can be fun going up too. This allowed us to go down Bear, Stair Step and Bluff which are ones that are zero fun going up. lol

I got 3rd in my division but there was only 4 of us in it. lol
    Still though, I was the only one on a single speed hard tail and everyone else was on super nice full suspension bikes.
  • 09-11-2014
    Dangerous E
    Quote:

Originally Posted by scmtbiker View Post
    I like Stowe. Only in Winter. If you don't find anyone here stop at Sycamore and The Hub. They give great trail advice and directions.

Thanks man! We did just that. Both shops were awesome. Got some maps and got after it. Dupont was far and away my favorite. And for sure, Stowe is rad in the winter but the MTB trail network here is killer and growing fast--great mix of flow and tech. If you're ever up in this part of the world hit me up and we'll go for a rip!

-E
  • 09-11-2014
    Dangerous E
    Quote:

Originally Posted by kjlued View Post
    Still though, I was the only one on a single speed hard tail and everyone else was on super nice full suspension bikes.

Podium's a podium. ;) Nice work, especially on a single speed.
  • 09-11-2014
    WNCGoater
    Quote:

Originally Posted by kjlued View Post
    The enduro was fun.

Although it does not include riding down Pulliam or Green River Trail they are both fun trails to go down. Instead we rode up them but they can be fun going up too. This allowed us to go down Bear, Stair Step and Bluff which are ones that are zero fun going up. lol

Cool, glad you had fun. I wish I could have gotten out there to watch. Stairstep is difficult going up for sure! I need to get out there and explore some more on the bike. I've walked and hunted all over there but haven't ridden it. I believe it's bow season now though and soon muzzleloader season and then rifle. I may give the hunters a break! Good work on 3rd place. A single speed? I guess that simplifies things anyway!
  • 09-11-2014
    kjlued
    No hunting allowed on Sundays