Help me plan a week long bike trip- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2008

Help me plan a week long bike trip

I'm going to take a week off work for a 5 day bike trip to Western NC. I'll probably camp most nights but will need to do some laundry and maybe stay in a cheap hotel someplace.

I'm in pretty good shape and don't mind mixing it up technically. I'll probably ride an average or 3 hours maybe even 4 each day.

I've been to Warriar Creek, Dupont and PNF. Absolutely love all three. I'd like to check out Tsali too and anything else that is worth hitting up.

What would you recommend an itinerary? Trails to ride, places to camp, places to eat, things to check out, etc?
    Last edited by bank5; 05-10-2012 at 05:11 PM.

mtbr member
    bank5- where you coming from?

For true mtb relaxation, with awesome food and fun trails (plus laundry) I cannot say enough about Mulberry Gap Mountain Bike Getaway in North Georgia. It's way cool. 40 bucks a night gets you camping, the nicest campground bathroom you've ever seen, laundry, delicious hot dinner and even more delicious hot breakfast. There's enough riding to enjoy two full days.

Mulberry Gap, home of the unique mountain bike destination

Otherwise, you wants the Pisgah National Forest. Davidson River Campground is super nice and really close to lots of good riding. There's two excellent bike shops less than 10 minutes by bike from the campground who can hook you up with maps and directions. As always, if I could choose one ride to recommend for the area, it's the Laurel Mountain>Pilot Rock loop.

Hope that helps!

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Thanks for the info. Coming from Raleigh, NC so GA is a bit too far. Will definitely look into the PNF recs tho

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    There's forest service camping at Tsali-no amenities, but you can ride straight from the campground. We've stayed at Tumbling Waters campground about 5 minutes away--nice place with decent bathhouse, laundry, and pancake breakfast every day.

Davidson River is definitely the best place if you're doing Pisgah/DuPont.

Members who have read this thread: 0