Heartbreaker- Mtbr.com

Thread: Heartbreaker

29er zealot

Heartbreaker

Alright, I'm looking to do some Heartbreak in the next few days. I'll likely be bringing a Pisgah rookie with me, so it should be a good time. Has anyone been out there lately? Conditions?

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Done the loop the past three weekends. Trail is great shape and Curtis Creek / Black climbs are nice as well. Just one downed tree about 7-10 minutes? in from the top of Heartbreak but it is clearly visible.

Water is running strong from the Curtis spring! Enjoy!

29er zealot
    Thanks Kip, I'vee been looking forward to getting back on the mtb after basically three months exclusively on the road bike! Heartbreak seems the perfect trail to hit to get back on the knobbies!

One of the last two or three times I've ridden there, I ran into some rainbow people at the spring. About a mile or so further up CC, I ran into their camp. They were beckoning for me to "party" with them. Interesting folks.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Id love to get in on this if you don't mind a visitor from CT. Staying in Black Mtn til Friday.

thanks,

29er zealot
    Gonad, (awesome), We'll be riding it Monday. I'm assuming that you'll be out this Friday and not next, but if you are in town still, you are more than welcome to come along. We are looking at meeting up at the Geyser and on the bikes at 10. Oh, and anyone else interested is welcome to come along too. It'll likely be a relatively chill pace.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by froth14
    Gonad, (awesome), We'll be riding it Monday. I'm assuming that you'll be out this Friday and not next, but if you are in town still, you are more than welcome to come along. We are looking at meeting up at the Geyser and on the bikes at 10. Oh, and anyone else interested is welcome to come along too. It'll likely be a relatively chill pace.

Barry - riding it Fri if the rain holds off..via OTR not curtis though!

29er zealot
    Man alive, I've never done the OTR route, but would love to check it out. I'm not 100 percent sure after last weekends experience at the Battenkill, but I will likely be racing on the road on Saturday in Boone. We'll get it together this summer sometime though!

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Man alive, I've never done the OTR route, but would love to check it out. I'm not 100 percent sure after last weekends experience at the Battenkill, but I will likely be racing on the road on Saturday in Boone. We'll get it together this summer sometime though!
    Supposed to dump Friday so I may come out Mon and join you at 10am. Would you be up for taking the OTR up the hill instead of Curtis? Given a chill pace, the OTR route is ~ 1.5hrs shorter than CCR/BRP so you'd probably have time to hit Kitsuma after if you wanted to.. Oh, and the OTR is a MUCH nicer ride!

29er zealot
    I'm definitely up for the OTR, not sure where to park or whatnot from that side of the mountain. Send me a PM, we'll figure out the details.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    I'm definitely up for the OTR, not sure where to park or whatnot from that side of the mountain. Send me a PM, we'll figure out the details.
    Same place, the geyser..will send you a pm

29er zealot
    great, we'll be there. Anyone else interested?

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    im in !! what day and time???

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by mntbkr68
    im in !! what day and time???
    Monday the 25th at 10am. Meet at Andrews Geyser in Old Fort, NC..the more the merrier - it's one of my favorite rides

29er zealot
    Holy smokes...Peter re-emerges from (where was it? Thailand?) This is shaping up to be a great ride.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Out and back is a much better way to do Heartbreak. No cars and dust to deal with, no grinding forever on Old Toll. No pavement riding on the parkway. Just singletrack.

Members who have read this thread: 0