Heartbreak Sunday- Mtbr.com
    banned

Heartbreak Sunday

A few of us are planning on riding Heartbreak Sunday the 31st and was trying to get a group together, probably up the Toll Rd. and down Heartbreak or if somebody wants a gravel road pukefest we could go up Curtis creek rd.Any takers?

Jackbooted Elitist Hipstr

Details?

I have to clear it on the home front, but this sounds great. Could you post up a meeting time and place? Old Toll sounds better to me than a gravel road pukefest.
    Dirtbag since '89

mtbr member
    gosh, the gravel pukefest sounds interesting but I'll follow along whichever way you go count me about 80% IN
    many gears, some pies

banned

Payback

Quote Originally Posted by ridn29s
    gosh, the gravel pukefest sounds interesting but I'll follow along whichever way you go count me about 80% IN
    I still owe you for that time we rode on the back side of pilot mtn 5003,140&140a and 5031
    and probably some other road # that we rode on after I blacked out! The Toll road is a fun climb though probably 10 miles up.

banned
    I'll come up with a time and meeting place and post it later.

pronounced may-duh
    very much interested

mtbr member
    May 2008
    A group of us are riding OTR->HB->Kitsuma (if we have some juice left) friday as well if anyone is interested.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by motobutane
    I still owe you for that time we rode on the back side of pilot mtn 5003,140&140a and 5031
    and probably some other road # that we rode on after I blacked out! The Toll road is a fun climb though probably 10 miles up.

but it WAS damn good PMBAR training and you got practice riding in the cow stare mode
    many gears, some pies

Asheville YetiRider
    Count the YETI in. I'll bring a barf bag to keep the bears away.
    There are Mountain Bikes and then there is "The Santa Cruz High Ball"

banned

your a pretty man.

A few of us are planning on riding Heartbreak Sunday the 31st and was trying to get a group together, probably up the Toll Rd. and down Heartbreak or if somebody wants a gravel road pukefest we could go up Curtis creek rd.Any takers?
    and heartbreak is ghey.

banned

you need some of this

Quote Originally Posted by Asheville YetiRider
    Count the YETI in. I'll bring a barf bag to keep the bears away.
    http://www.matteformen.com/product-1...FRIhnAodxw7k3A

Asheville YetiRider
    IF someone ever asks where to get Matte For Men™ Man Powder
    I'll make sure to send them your way. For whatever reason You seem to have more info about "Man Powder" then anyone else I know. Maybe You can ask someone for a forum that caters to this type of thing. So you can find people with your common interest. I'm sure everyone would appreciate staying on mtn bike stuff in this forum.

banned
    I thought you and Sam could use it in your dream. btw, don't you have some mattresses to sell?

And He was Not
    I'll come up with a time and meeting place and post it later.
    What's the chance of meeting @ kitsuma trailhead @9 and doing a double Heartbreak/Kitsuma Ride

and How's the weather been up there?????, we've been getting rain everday
    The Truth is out there. Here it isThe TRUTH

Asheville YetiRider
    I'll second that. Let's keep that idea going. ohh ya

banned

Ok

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch
    What's the chance of meeting @ kitsuma trailhead @9 and doing a double Heartbreak/Kitsuma Ride

and How's the weather been up there?????, we've been getting rain everday
    Whats your plan? Ride Kitsuma then come back old 70,then go up Rattlesnake to toll rd and down Heartbreak then Kitsuma backwards to the truck. Or we could shuttle here and there it all good

banned
    Sunday is Enoch's birthday too!

And He was Not
    Last time I rode there, we met @ Kitsuma trailhead rode thru Montreat Did Heartbreak, came back by the car for a splash of water and then did Kitsuma and rode back up 70 for a nice 4 hour ride.

Big R said you all have been gettin' steady rain too. Whats the condition of Kitsuma???

R...You weren't supposed to tell that part...

It's all just a dream right now, let's see how it looks as we get closer

mtbr member
    Last time I rode there, we met @ Kitsuma trailhead rode thru Montreat Did Heartbreak, came back by the car for a splash of water and then did Kitsuma and rode back up 70 for a nice 4 hour ride.

Big R said you all have been gettin' steady rain too. Whats the condition of Kitsuma???

R...You weren't supposed to tell that part...

It's all just a dream right now, let's see how it looks as we get closer
    Rain in WNC is totally scattered.... always check the NC state flood warning website for local conditions. Here's the link to Buncombe County. Looks like the area got LOTS of rain recently - Montreat had 3.6"" in the last 24 hours. You can also check the historical data by day and time. http://www.afws.net/search.htm
    many gears, some pies

mtbr member
    Damn guys - I can't go Sunday - at least I have to be back here by 6 and that would be pushing it timewise. I have a few guys from Spartanburg and we are talking about doing HB on Saturday. Anybody else for Saturday?
    Friends don let friends ride road bikes.
    http://www.facebook.com/mikebmiller

Single Speed Junkie
    Jan 2008
    MtnBikeNC,
    What time are you guys planning on going out on Friday? I'd love to go but I have to be back in Haw Creek at 2:30 for after school pickup.

Mike

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashevillemike
    MtnBikeNC,
    What time are you guys planning on going out on Friday? I'd love to go but I have to be back in Haw Creek at 2:30 for after school pickup.

Mike
    Mike, we'll be starting from the geyser b/t 8:30 and 9. We may come straight back down HB past the geyser and ride Kitsuma (in which case you'd be back before 2pm) or keep going up to the top of Mitchell from the parkway. You could always ride up with us and ditch down HB if we keep going up..

Matt

mtbr member
    I am planning on Doing Curtis Creek Road on Sunday...

I plan on parking my truck where RestStop #3 should be and basically rolling down to the Campground area and then deathmarching back up to my car..

does anyone see anything in my plans I have not thought out yet? I am not from the area but plan on re-attempting ORAMM again this year...thought this would be a great area to train in...
    Be Who You Are and Say What You Feel Because Those Who Mind Don't Matter and Those Who Matter Don't Mind...Dr Seuss.

Single Speed Junkie
    Jan 2008
    Matt,
    I can go but 9am would be about the earliest I could get there. Would that be okay?

I've made arrangements for the kids so I won't have to be back at 2:30, but probably 3:30 or 4 instead.

Mike

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashevillemike
    Matt,
    I can go but 9am would be about the earliest I could get there. Would that be okay?

I've made arrangements for the kids so I won't have to be back at 2:30, but probably 3:30 or 4 instead.

Mike
    Sending you a PM..

banned

Upset Thread Jackers

OK 9am at Kitsuma parking lot Sunday and our plans are to ride somewhere in Blk mtn

If anybody wants to meet somewhere and ride together or follow us to the parking lot just pm me. I'll probably meet Cruso414 and or Yetirider somewhere.

And He was Not
    OK 9am at Kitsuma parking lot Sunday and our plans are to ride somewhere in Blk mtn

If anybody wants to meet somewhere and ride together or follow us to the parking lot just pm me. I'll probably meet Cruso414 and or Yetirider somewhere.

It seems that Sunday/ Heartbreak was the original title to this thread....

Anyway... As of right now... I would like to make reservation for 3 to ascend to the top of Heartbreak as fast as we can pedal. Don't care how we go up, as long as it IS NOT Curtis Creek. We will definately be looking to do Kitsuma after a quick snack and topping off our H2O.

mtbr member
    If this ride is starting EARLY or later in the day, I'd be into going.
    Trail work will be occupying the main part of my day.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    It seems that Sunday/ Heartbreak was the original title to this thread....
    LOL I'm so sorry if I caused you distress by partially hijacking the thread for a Fri ride (if that's what you're bent about).

banned
    He aint bent, it's all good.......

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by cruso414
    He aint bent, it's all good.......
    Need more smilies. Looking back, we did jack this thread pretty good! Sorry dudes! Wish I could join you for the Sun ride as well. Maybe next time.

And He was Not
    Quote Originally Posted by MtnBikeNC
    Need more smilies. Looking back, we did jack this thread pretty good! Sorry dudes! Wish I could join you for the Sun ride as well. Maybe next time.
    Yeah it's all good... Post up, some Post ride conditions Friday Night

It would be appreciated

mtbr member

Count me in..

I'd like to join in. I'm from Winston-Salem and will need to know where to meet.
    I am familiar with Rainbow trail and the Toll Road - have ridden up the toll road 10x to the Blue Ridge but never knew how to get to Heartbreak! Show me the way....
    Having never ridden it....do I need to wear my pads? I generally wear pads at WIlsons Creek or SNowshoe type trails but not at Kitsuma.
    Two hour drive for me - would love a post 10am start.

banned
    better p.m. Enoch about starting @ 10a.m. instead of 9. It's up to him since you guys will be doing all the driving. Just let us locals know which time you decide on.

And He was Not
    better p.m. Enoch about starting @ 10a.m. instead of 9. It's up to him since you guys will be doing all the driving. Just let us locals know which time you decide on.

Ready to ride @ 9 Kitsuma trailhead We are pushed for time so we can't roll it back

Look forward to meeting the other Randy

We will be 2 Dudes on Single speeds
    Last edited by Enoch; 05-29-2009 at 09:20 AM.

mtbr member

Route?

OK, so just to be clear---is this a ride down Kitsuma, then someway up to Heartbreak Ridge, then down Heartbreak Ridge and back up to the Kitsuma trailhead lot? Is that right?
    I plan on being there at 9am unless I get a date for Saturdays Tanglewood Wine Fest and get blitzed, etc....
    Blue Mitsu Outlander and blue Pivot bike.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeBean
    I am planning on Doing Curtis Creek Road on Sunday...

I plan on parking my truck where RestStop #3 should be and basically rolling down to the Campground area and then deathmarching back up to my car..

does anyone see anything in my plans I have not thought out yet? I am not from the area but plan on re-attempting ORAMM again this year...thought this would be a great area to train in...
    If you're only doing Curtis Creek, I'd highly recommend just parking at the bottom somewhere -- perhaps where rest stop #2 usually is -- and not bothering driving up to the top to park.

Besides, the ride down from the top is a piece of cake.

This way, if you bonk or get bored, you can always use gravity to get back to your car. If you're parked at the top and bonk after your second or third attempt you're hosed.

Also, driving up to the top and then back down after the ride would seem to add unneeded time to the trip.

And He was Not
    Up Heart Break( it's about a 2.5 hour climb) down H/B, back up to kitsuma Trailhead, then Down Kitsuma back up to car. estimated time on the bike 4.5 hours

Be for warned there are some good climbers here... just didn't want you to be miss informed

banned
    down the road through black mountain to montreat, up rainbow until it hits the toll road. toll road to parkway or shortcut(depending on time), down heartbreak to kitsuma, up kitsuma and drops you right back at the car. sound good to all?

banned

Doug??

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected]
    OK, so just to be clear---is this a ride down Kitsuma, then someway up to Heartbreak Ridge, then down Heartbreak Ridge and back up to the Kitsuma trailhead lot? Is that right?
    I plan on being there at 9am unless I get a date for Saturdays Tanglewood Wine Fest and get blitzed, etc....
    Blue Mitsu Outlander and blue Pivot bike.
    Hey is this the doug that had those funky fenders?We rode from the horse stables in the rain a few weeks ago.

banned

... and if we just ... Ride leader Nomination

down the road through black mountain to montreat, up rainbow until it hits the toll road. toll road to parkway or shortcut(depending on time), down heartbreak to kitsuma, up kitsuma and drops you right back at the car. sound good to all?
    I want to offically nominate Cruso414 as the official ride leader

banned
    Hey Vet you coming?

And He was Not
    After Heartbreak, you are talking climb back up to the top of Kitsuma and then down Kitsuma and back up Old 70 to car?????

mtbr member

Funky Fenders

Holy crap, that's a hell of a ride. Guess I'll need the giant camelback and pack lunch & pads. Are any of you bringing pads? Ah skip it, 4.5 hrs. is too long to schlep it.

Yes MotoButane, that's me - Funky Fenders Doug - are you Patrick or Randy (I know Maida can't make it until 11am)? That Pisgah ride was wild, wet and fun! YOu should have come to Tanasi last weekend - 28 riders, 32 miles - good time camping.

mtbr member
    BTW, my friend lives 1/4 mile from the Rainbow Trailhead in Montreat (on Chapman Rd.) so we could refill bladders there. The trail goes up and basically right behind his house.

banned

after we come down heartbreak...

After Heartbreak, you are talking climb back up to the top of Kitsuma and then down Kitsuma and back up Old 70 to car?????
    we will go down the road past andrew's geyser to the bottom of kitsuma and climb up and over and come down to the kitsuma parking lot. It's the one that you can see from I40. If you don't know which one I am talking about, we can all meet in black mountain to make it easier. BTW, motobutane IS the ride leader.

And He was Not
    we will go down the road past andrew's geyser to the bottom of kitsuma and climb up and over and come down to the kitsuma parking lot. It's the one that you can see from I40. If you don't know which one I am talking about, we can all meet in black mountain to make it easier. BTW, motobutane IS the ride leader.

Cool,We will be @ the Lot beside I 40 @ 9. That's the one I was talking about....

All Hail Motobutane.... "The Leader"

banned

Smile Randy here!

Holy crap, that's a hell of a ride. Guess I'll need the giant camelback and pack lunch & pads. Are any of you bringing pads? Ah skip it, 4.5 hrs. is too long to schlep it.

Yes MotoButane, that's me - Funky Fenders Doug - are you Patrick or Randy (I know Maida can't make it until 11am)? That Pisgah ride was wild, wet and fun! YOu should have come to Tanasi last weekend - 28 riders, 32 miles - good time camping.
    Yep its me, Patrick is Asheville Yetirider. I remember you talking about riding Toll rd now.
    Wow 28 riders I bet that was a cluster. We were too busy tryng to place at 12hrs of Tsali....we were 3 minutes out of 3rd place, but it was fun. Yea try to make it by 9 and we'll ride.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Up Heart Break( it's about a 2.5 hour climb) down H/B, back up to kitsuma Trailhead, then Down Kitsuma back up to car. estimated time on the bike 4.5 hours

Be for warned there are some good climbers here... just didn't want you to be miss
    informed
    That's really fast. We made it from the geyser to the HB connector trail (campers) in a bit over 3hrs and we were pushing it. I don't know how you SSers ride the steep ass R trail up to OTR..it about killed me today on a 1x9.

We made it to just below the summit of Mitchell and had to turn around to get back in time. The OTR is pretty wet - lots of runoff coming down but that should subside by Sun. It wasn't slick, just wet. HB was in great shape and was barely damp even down towards the bottom. Have fun!

And He was Not

We made it to just below the summit of Mitchell and had to turn around to get back in time. The OTR is pretty wet - lots of runoff coming down but that should subside by Sun. It wasn't slick, just wet. HB was in great shape and was barely damp even down towards the bottom. Have fun!

Thanks for the Post ride Post.

I've always wanted to just go all the way to the summit. How much further/time is it past the Bear Camp Trailer? Thats got to be a good ride

mtbr member
    Have to admit, I'm a bit nervous about the climb to HB - especially if it goes up that steep Lookout Rd. at Montreat college.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Thanks for the Post ride Post.

I've always wanted to just go all the way to the summit. How much further/time is it past the Bear Camp Trailer? Thats got to be a good ride
    I think from the campers at the top it's an additional ~ 6mi and 1,800 ft of climbing to the summit. The road up is brutal.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Have to admit, I'm a bit nervous about the climb to HB - especially if it goes up that steep Lookout Rd. at Montreat college.
    The way they're going is much steeper - but the nasty part isn't that long.

mtbr member
    That's why I'm bringing my two feet and I'll use them if I have too.

Our fearless leader started this thread by saying they were RIDING on Sunday not racing
    many gears, some pies

mtbr member
    Feb 2009

Heartbreak

The OTR "stream ride" was quite fun except for the bugs. Heartbreak is in great condition! A little washed out in places on the upper half, but sweet on the lower half as usual. Have fun on Sunday gents.

btw...heading up to Mitchell on the Parkway was a nice little addition today for something different although I was beggin' for a tow rope or something heading into the visitor center.

Weather was awesome today and looks to be the same all weekend. Go Ride!!!

Official Cooler Inspector
    Bunch of pups...

I'm one of the HB Hard Tailers from 1999. When we're rolled out in our wheelchairs at the "Old Bike Rider's Home", please be nice and remind us of this ride.

Lost Thad's awesome pic in a pooter die off.

Now you're cast of steel and cast aside. Broken dreams maybe, but you haven't died

banned

It's not that bad.....

we are gonna go in at rainbow and once you get to where rattlesnake pulls off, the grade is pretty easy except for just past the old couple's house. That only lasts for a couple hundred yards and then eases back off. I don't think Enoch is trying to scare anybody, just hoping that everyone comes "prepared" to roll up hill for a couple of hours.

banned
    Don't take cold medicine all week and expect to ride strong, That is the lesson I learned this week! Great ride guys I'll feel better next time.

mtbr member
    way to hang on till the end.... I know fading away isn't your style
    30 miles and 4200 ft of climbing with some hot sun at the end to add to the last uphill torture
    many gears, some pies

And He was Not
    Quote Originally Posted by ridn29s
    30 miles and 4200 ft of climbing with some hot sun at the end to add to the last uphill torture

Hummmm, I showed 41 miles and 6120 climbing

Had a great time thanks for a good ride.

Anybody except for Patrick take any pics???

mtbr member
    Hummmm, I showed 41 miles and 6120 climbing

Had a great time thanks for a good ride.

Anybody except for Patrick take any pics???
    11 miles and another 1900 ft of climb.... but you went out/back on Kitsuma, I wouldn't have made it.
    many gears, some pies

mtbr member

Memorable

I downed some stimulants and started to ride Kitsuma with Enoch and Eric and then came to my senses and turned around.....would've bonked on the hot climb back up. Was quite satisfying going back down the switchbacks.

Great memorable ride - longest climb and longest descent in my 7 years of riding!
    Got a a friend here in Winston-Salem that wants to do the same ride this Friday - lemme know if any takers.

And He was Not
    Doug, Good fun for sure... I hated to see you turn around, you rode strong all day, as did everyone else, but it is better than getting hurt on a downhill from being fatigued, or suffering like a dog on the way back up.
    Last edited by Enoch; 06-01-2009 at 11:35 AM.

is no longer new
    May 2008
    i went riding on some of the same trails you guys did, but no kitsuma for me. I went up the OTR from charmeldee sky-hi acres, and met rainbow just below where it splits into 2 trails for just a few hundred yards. thats the section of the OTR thats blocked off, but i live RIGHT next to the trail. so then i went up rainbow to the OTR where it meets the Ridgecrest Adventure Trails, and did the downhill section that goes next to the helipad field, down to the toll road that leads up to the parkway. got onto Trestle after a bit on the OTR, did the switchbacks up to grandfather, then down the OTR into Montreat, then back home. 2.5 hour ride that i started at 5:30pm, didn't see ANYONE. In fact, I saw a bear cub instead. i turned a corner, and the little guy was running for his life. its a good thing you make a racket bombing down the toll road, so i stopped for a bit, listened intently, then HAULED down to make sure i missed a mama bear if there was one.

PM if you guys want to ride any of this stuff again. i'd love to not be alone for a change.
    i live 2 miles from the montreat gate, and about the same to kitsuma, so i just ride the bike there.
    CallMeTheNewGuy bikes across the US, summer 2010:

crazyguyonabike.com/doc/caravanofcrazies

Jackbooted Elitist Hipstr

Good times

I enjoyed meeting all y'all yesterday and had a great day out. Thanks again for the multiple tube support, or I woulda been humping it out like Krantz. I know better...

Man I love that downhill ;-) Hope to hook up with you guys again- nice to meet some new folks.

Next up Wilsons...?
    Dirtbag since '89

banned

awesome first singlespeed ride for me

Quote Originally Posted by single~minded
    Great ride Sun guys....really made me work. Good to meet some new peeps up Ashville way
    My cheap ass'd puter said 41 mi, 4:56 hrs, 8.3 ave, 7k accent. I found the 32-20 a manageable gear till I started up the Kitsuma switchbacks.....but my hands might not ever be the same after the downhills

Lets do something again.....
    but.... does anybody know who this guy is?
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    May 2008
    but.... does anybody know who this guy is?

Eric, did you do OTR & HB with two bottles!?

banned
    the first loop was rainbow, OTR, HB, and old 70 back to Kitsuma parking lot.

Asheville YetiRider
    Got to keep this tread going. Good to meet the new guys Sun. Eric I just wanted to say thanks for letting me keep up with your fast ass up the toll road. Beside's a race I think thats the fasted ever rode on a ride since I started last year. Great work out had a lot of fun even though the scenery was one big blurrrr

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Anyone that knows the trail......interested in doing Heartbreak this Sat 6/6

mtbr member

... and if we just ...

Quote Originally Posted by Asheville YetiRider
    Got to keep this tread going. Good to meet the new guys Sun. Eric I just wanted to say thanks for letting me keep up with your fast ass up the toll road. Beside's a race I think thats the fasted ever rode on a ride since I started last year. Great work out had a lot of fun even though the scenery was one big blurrrr

It was a great workout - I rode again Monday and Tuesday here in the Triad and my legs are officially shot. Patrick, thanks for the slogan earlier - I am now "Funky Fenders" ...heh...no more email address as my username.
    Doug

banned
    I had to bump this thread back up.....Looks like Yetirider and a few more will be on Heartbreak this Sunday.

Asheville YetiRider

Single Minded

I was planning on doing some or all the oram course sometime too. So Look me up when your ready. Most Sundays work best for me.
    Let me know how cowbell goes. You put yourself on the map with the Burn. Let's see if you can keep it going. Good Luck

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    anyone that knows heartbreak up for a ride on 7/4 or 7/5???

Asheville YetiRider

Heartbreak Sun 0705

Mtboy,
    Heartbreak Is one of my favorite downhills. I last rode it on the 21st. So if you want to go this Sunday would work for me. Let me know.

mtbr member
    FYI, there's a "Trail closed due to fire" at the entrance to Heartbreak on the parkway. Dunno why it's there, it's all rideable.
    "Early bird gets the worm", but the second mouse gets the cheese...

Asheville YetiRider
    Unless there has been another fire in the past two weeks we rode it since the last fire and its totally rideable (for most people Thanks for the update. We usually take the toll road to the trailers and turn right on fast connector trail to heartbreak. That’s probably why we never saw a "Trail closed due to fire" sign.

mtbr member

Heartbreak again

Right-on, count me in on Sat. or Sunday.

WOUld be nice to ride with y'all again.

Doug (winston-Salem)

banned
    Mr funky fender Pivot Mach 5 rider from Winston-Salem or just Doug, PM Yetirider he's riding HB Sunday. I'm required to watch the fireworks from Lake Chatuge and I'll have to ride some trails in Georgia.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009

Heartbreak Sunday

I'm also planning on riding HB out of the Geyser lot on Sunday. Prob. around 10am. Yeti, what's your planned route? OTR or CCR?

mtbr member
    I just got back from riding Pinhoti trails, Bull Mtn and another trail near Ellijay GA - was fantastic. I thought this thread was to plan a new HB trip....but I'll PM the Yeti-man.

Asheville YetiRider
    Your route is my route. I'm in Oramm training mode. So the maximum number of miles with the most about of climbing should satisfy some of my insanity.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Also in ORAMM mode. k..here's my suggestion. Geyser - Star Gap - CCR - BRP - HB - Car (assess insanity level) . Kitsuma encore if we're feeling up to it.

mtbr member
    holy crap....I have no idea what that means but it sounds wack.
    See you at 10am at the Geyser...I'll pack 1 water bottle and a big bladder, and a PB& J.
    Doug

Rock n Roll
    Dec 2006
    Hey now!!! Hoping to ride Sunday 7/5, Heartbreak for first time... Mind if I tag along? Is there a map I can d/l?

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    I'm riding the whole ORAMM course this Sunday(5 July). Wheels up from the museum in Old Fort at 7.30A. Be warned tho- it's not gonna be a social. If you get dropped-you are on your own. If you drop me-you are on your own. The idea is to simulate race day conditions, but without the aid stations. I'm not strong anymore, so I figure I gotta be tough. Pre-running the course like this will harden the soul. If you feel like joining, do. If not, that's fine, my original plan is to time trial the thing anyways. And if Sunday is not good, I'm gonna do it again Monday(6 July).

mtbr member
    It's looking likely I'll be there for this...we'll see.

Asheville YetiRider

I'll bring a map

Now were talking. You can count me In for 7:30am. No Geyser at 10am. Eric if he drops us you damn well the ride will still be good no matter what. So come on down. No Excuses

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Full ORAMM before ORAMM. Nice! Can't swing the early start, so I'll roll out of the Geyser between 9:30 - 10 am.

mtbr member
    Oh hell....7:30am?! Well, I've got a little physical issue goin' on anyway so will decide Sat. night if I'll attend ...but it'll probably be the 9:30-10am Geyser ride with bd279 Mike if I do.
    Just curious - where is the Museum in relation to Litsuma or the Geyser?
    Doug

Rock n Roll
    Dec 2006
    any good place to camp/park sat night near HBR??

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Hi all-
    I just finished the drive up from Florida; in Black Mountain now. Nice to get the response. So it's 7.30A from the museum then. It's in downtown Old Fort. Don't worry about getting dropped- I'm working on toughness, not strength. I do have a lot of off road racing miles in my legs as I did the TransPortugal race last month, but I've been sick for the last two weeks and my immune system is still a mess. I do, however, want to avoid a "Group Ride" suituation where we spend more time regrouping and chatting than riding. My plan for tomorrow is to ride slow enough to not blow up and be able to turn up the intensity in the last 15-20kms (up Mill Creek and Kitsuma for the second time). So pack lots of food and water, as there are no stores and water is scarce. It should be a good ride.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Funky Fenders
    Oh hell....7:30am?! Well, I've got a little physical issue goin' on anyway so will decide Sat. night if I'll attend ...but it'll probably be the 9:30-10am Geyser ride with bd279 Mike if I do.
    Just curious - where is the Museum in relation to Litsuma or the Geyser?
    Doug
    Is the 9:30 ride open to gravitationally challenged riders? (IE - slow climbers)

I have been wanting to do this loop, but have a hard time talking anyone in Spartanburg into it.
    Friends don let friends ride road bikes.
    http://www.facebook.com/mikebmiller

mtbr member
    I dunno Mike but if I can ride Sunday, I've decided to help build more trail at Warrior Creek/Dark Mtn. and then ride it with the BMCC club. All are welcome to join in. We're building at 10am - riding around 2pm.
    Doug

mtbr member
    May 2008

Heartbreak again!

If anyone wants to share in a bit of misery I'll be riding HB Sat (the 11th) via Curtis Creek/BRP starting at the Geyser. I'm hoping to get an early start around 7:30-8am.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    If anyone wants to share in a bit of misery I'll be riding HB Sat (the 11th) via Curtis Creek/BRP starting at the Geyser. I'm hoping to get an early start around 7:30-8am.
    This is the Heartbreak Sunday thread. Dontcha know nobody rides HB on Saturday.
    I hope you enjoy good 'ole Curtis as much as I did. Misery does love company. Have fun.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by bd279
    This is the Heartbreak Sunday thread. Dontcha know nobody rides HB on Saturday.
    I hope you enjoy good 'ole Curtis as much as I did. Misery does love company. Have fun.

Thanks, smartass! ; ) We'll have plenty of miserable company on the 26th

mtbr member
    Hey MtnBikeNC,
    Me and another rider are coming up from Charleston, SC to do some time on the same areas that you are riding. We should be there pretty early as well...any trail maps you could flow our way?

I did ORAMM last year, so I have a general idea, but upon climbing Curtis creek, everything was fuzzy...

I believe the Geyser is down at the foot of Curtis Creek near a creek crossing???
    Be Who You Are and Say What You Feel Because Those Who Mind Don't Matter and Those Who Matter Don't Mind...Dr Seuss.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeBean
    Hey MtnBikeNC,
    Me and another rider are coming up from Charleston, SC to do some time on the same areas that you are riding. We should be there pretty early as well...any trail maps you could flow our way?

I did ORAMM last year, so I have a general idea, but upon climbing Curtis creek, everything was fuzzy...

I believe the Geyser is down at the foot of Curtis Creek near a creek crossing???
    Hey CB, I have to punt on Sat's ride but if you PM me your email I can send you the map that was floating around here a little while back..

Asheville YetiRider

Heartbreak SUNDAY 07/12

If anyone is riding some or all the ORAMM course this Sunday let me know. Just name the time and place. Nothing like a Curtis Creek Grinder/Puke fest.

Members who have read this thread: 0