Heartbreak Ridge vid- Mtbr.com
    When did you get here?!?!

Heartbreak Ridge vid

Hey everybody! Here's a video (10 minutes long) of a 4 hour Pisgah ride.... Heartbreak Ridge! I'm working on one with music for those that get bored easily....

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/woGANtZJBts&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/woGANtZJBts&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>
    You can please some people sometimes but you can't please all the people all the time.
    ERIC'S RIDE LOG

mtbr member
    Cool video - looks like a difficulty descent with the greenery on either side. Glad neither of you was injured.
    Enjoying the trails one pedal stroke at a time...

Category Winner
    been there, fell down that
    WWW.TEAMDICKY.COM

I get paid 3 every time I post on MTBR.

mtbr member
    Is it me, or does that guys seat need to be raised up just a bit. Does not look like he is getting great extension on his legs. Nice video and loved the scenery.

Quote Originally Posted by BurnNotice
    Is it me, or does that guys seat need to be raised up just a bit. Does not look like he is getting great extension on his legs. Nice video and loved the scenery.
    Funny you should notice.... he did have to raise his saddle during the ride.
    You can please some people sometimes but you can't please all the people all the time.
    ERIC'S RIDE LOG

mtbr member
    Great video but he looked like he was pedaling awful hard in that saddle height position. Keepem coming!

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Considering this ride on Memorial Day, if the weather continues clearing up. If you ride Kitsuma then HBR how many hours would that tack on...solid intermediate rider.

Quote Originally Posted by dhouskee
    Considering this ride on Memorial Day, if the weather continues clearing up. If you ride Kitsuma then HBR how many hours would that tack on...solid intermediate rider.
    I
    'd figure another 90 minutes if you add on Kitsuma. FYI, 4 hours is just about as fast as I can do Heartbreaker....
    ERIC'S RIDE LOG

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Thanks, ya I would probably add at least another hour to my estimated ride time. I've done HBR once and I have lurked enough to know where to compare myself.

banned
    Last weekend we parked at Kitsuma and rode through town up through Montreat-Montreet-Montret(They all look wrong!) And then rode up Rainbow/ Toll road and down heartbreak and back to Kitsuma parking lot about 5 hours & 28 miles.

Gabe.....
    Thanks for the HBR hit Eric........that's how most of my dreams look.
    "Roll your own..........." http://smokebikes.com/

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by pisgahproductions
    I
    'd figure another 90 minutes if you add on Kitsuma. FYI, 4 hours is just about as fast as I can do Heartbreaker....
    Eric - that is up R and OTR, correct? We got to the trailers (HB turnoff) in 3hrs flat from the Geyser a few weeks ago but were humping it to make time for Kitsuma..

Nice vid!

ETA - nevermind - just watched the beginning thru Ridgecrest...

That's Special
    Great video but he looked like he was pedaling awful hard in that saddle height position. Keepem coming!
    You are correct. My clamp was not a happy camper that day. I would raise it up, tighten it down and slowly feel it slip until I felt like I was riding a bike three times to small. Then I would crash and do it all again.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sublime Ink
    You are correct. My clamp was not a happy camper that day. I would raise it up, tighten it down and slowly feel it slip until I felt like I was riding a bike three times to small. Then I would crash and do it all again.
    Yeah, I noticed it and kept thinking you looked like a oil derrick pumping oil to the surface. I thought to myself you have to be wasting your quads riding in that height position.

Nothing like a seat clamp gone rogue on a ride!

That's Special
    Nothing like a seat clamp gone rogue on a ride!
    You know, it's funny, but no matter how well I try to maintain my bike, it always seems like something has to act up during a ride. It just goes to show how tough Pisgah can be on equipment.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Can someone give me a cue sheet from kitzuma to old toll? Landmarks to look for other than the trailers at the top?I've done heartbreak a couple times buts only during oramm. This looks a lot more fun. Hope th weatherholds out for Saturday...

Thanks
    Brian

ps- i know its local knowledage so you can pm me if you dont want to post it
    Last edited by blrogers; 05-28-2010 at 05:57 AM.

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    Anyone have links to video of any of the tricky singletrack that will be included in ORAMM? I'll be coming from out of town so any reconnaissance I can gather would be appreciated.

--Dean

Members who have read this thread: 0