H8R 8 Hour Race at Haw Ridge - June 5th- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Oct 2006

H8R 8 Hour Race at Haw Ridge - June 5th

The H8R Eight Hour Race at Haw Ridge is coming up on June 5th. Expect all the good things about the previous Discburner/Ocho events but on the fantastic trails at Haw Ridge in Knoxville, TN.

The race loop is 7.9 miles with 1050 ft of climbing, with a good mix of fast, rocky, rooty, twisty, and climbing sections. Race options include solo, duo, and team categories.

Check out the course map and registration at the race website:
    https://sites.google.com/site/h8rrace/

Pre-Registration [before May 25th] gets you a pint glass, t-shirt, 8 hours of great racing, beer, and dinner after the race...

Day of Registration is available for an additonal $10.

Questions or Comments?
    TNCUPMTB at GMAIL dot COM

H8 H8 H8
    How could I NOT go to this race?
    Yeah, it's strange. But oh well.

Go Hokies!
    Feb 2006
    i see some trademark infringement. or are you licensing it out for $?

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Sorry Broussard, DG, Holmes, there's enough H8 to go around but the original H8ER is my hometown's brutal early spring Madison-Basco-Madison gravel race, which has been going for like a hundred years. Or at least three?
    H8
    more H8
    No one does H8 like a bunch of half drunk Wiscos who've been shoveling snow and riding basement trainers all winter. Midwest.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    ps: your H8R looks like more fun and less suffering than the Madison one. Hmmm...

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Hehe, I can't claim the "Hater" theme as my own, but it just worked out so well I couldn't pass it by... I mean, Haw Ridge, and 8 HR, it just fit together too well to not be the H8R...

And I just had to do pink as well... i figured if people don't like it, I can at least tell them not to be a H8R...

But seriously, it's gonna be a rockin good time, if you know anybody who has done the DiscBurner or Ocho, they'll tell you that you won't find a race that gives you more for the money and delivers awesome trails and a rockin good time...

Far from the typical race where you're lucky to get a crappy t-shirt and "amazing swag" of a gel, you'll get a pint glass, shirt, infinit nutrition, beer, and dinner after the race, for less money than any other race in the southeast... Not to mention free camping, no licenses required, and no garbage "parking" and other lame fees...

Check it out or ask people who have done one, you won't be disappointed for sure...

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    No h8 intended! if I wasnt already planning on Mohican, I'd be there. sounds great man. 8 hours on those trails would be fun times.

mtbr member
    I'm actually off that weekend.

mtbr member
    That's right! I'll be there. Haw Ridge is awesome. I'd say that trail system is the offspring of DuPont and Tsali, for anyone that has never ridden there and wants to know what it's like. There is the H8R this Saturday and in October they have the 12 Hours of the Hill of Truth, which falls the weekend of Halloween...riders can ever do laps in costume. It's great!

mtbr member
    Thanks, Dave, for a fun and painful Saturday. Looking forward to the next one.

Members who have read this thread: 0