FS or SS at Warrior Creek- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2008

FS or SS at Warrior Creek

It's been a while since I've biked there. I remember that the flow is amazing and I want to say it's pretty smooth on the descents without that long climbs. Do I bring the 22lb SS HT or 31lb FS trail bike?

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    How is your cardio? If decent, the HT I would say. I run a 31lb full squish.... But I am old and fat

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Cardio is pretty good, but the SS will drain my endurance quicker if I ride it the way I normally do - lots of standing. Looks like it's only 829' ascent which doesn't seem like much over 10.7 miles. If I remember correctly too it's smooth with not a lot of trail chatter?

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    For around here, it is very smooth. No sustained climbing. Very flowy. Nothing that "deserves" FS, but trails are what you make them and there are opportunities to play.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Had my first ride there over the winter, excellent trails. HT or rigid is more than enough but HT is pretty much ideal.
    Niner Jet 9 RDO, Scalpel 29, XTC 650b, 04 Stumpjumper FSR Pro, Trek Rigid SS - No suspension, no gears....no problem

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by bank5 View Post
    Cardio is pretty good, but the SS will drain my endurance quicker if I ride it the way I normally do - lots of standing. Looks like it's only 829' ascent which doesn't seem like much over 10.7 miles. If I remember correctly too it's smooth with not a lot of trail chatter?
    Ss is a blast on WC, but it's closer to 1000 ft and 13.5 miles. Add another 2+miles if you add headwaters.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    HT is fine (and fun). I did the Wilkes 100K a few years back on an XC 29er (Niner Air 9) and never felt like I needed suspension (or a lot of gears). But a dropper is fun for the curvy flow sections if you have one!
    "Get busy living, or get busy dying"