Fire Mountain Condition- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2005

Fire Mountain Condition

Does anyone know what the trail conditions are?

mtbr member
    My friend just went there (Thursday) and said conditions were ideal. When Asheville got that snow and rain slop last week Fire Mountain was only hit with 1". Good luck.
    Niner Jet 9 RDO, Scalpel 29, XTC 650b, 04 Stumpjumper FSR Pro, Trek Rigid SS - No suspension, no gears....no problem

mtbr member
    Jan 2017
    I was out there the other day and the conditions were about as good as you can hope for at this time of the year. Kessel Run still has some slick leafy sections (mind your speed), but otherwise they're in great shape.

We did get a good bit of rain since then but I'd expect them to be better than anything else in the area. I'm about to head out there for a ride myself.

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbeh View Post
    I was out there the other day and the conditions were about as good as you can hope for at this time of the year. Kessel Run still has some slick leafy sections (mind your speed), but otherwise they're in great shape.

We did get a good bit of rain since then but I'd expect them to be better than anything else in the area. I'm about to head out there for a ride myself.
    Awesome, thx. Considering An afternoon ride. Would love to get an update after yours. We’ve got a light cover of snow from last night over here at Balsam, ~ 2200ft. Good for a snowy single track ride but maybe not for the smooth flow of Fire Mtn.

mtbr member
    Jan 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Wu-D View Post
    Awesome, thx. Considering An afternoon ride. Would love to get an update after yours. We’ve got a light cover of snow from last night over here at Balsam, ~ 2200ft. Good for a snowy single track ride but maybe not for the smooth flow of Fire Mtn.
    Just got done. No snow on the ground but it is a little damp. It's not hero dirt but it's not unridable either. Having said that, it just started sprinkling as I got back to the truck. I'd keep an eye on the radar. If it's just a brief shower then I'd still hit it, but more than that I'd wait til tomorrow.