Final reminder- 6/20 Richmond Hill trail building.- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Final reminder- 6/20 Richmond Hill trail building.

Last time you'll see it-
    We're (finally) duly authorized and permitted to continue trail construction at Richmond Hill.
    If you live in the Asheville area, and especially if you've noticed the extreme over-use of Bent Creek trails, come on out and help us build an excellent new singletrack trail network. Over the next year, we'll be finishing trails that will add up to 5-6 miles of high quality ST riding 5 minutes from downtown by car and 15 minutes by bike. I'm more than aware this project is not for everyone, but it's wonderful for those of us who live and play in Asheville.

Long pants and sleeves recommended- there's more than a bit of Poison Ivy.

Details at www.pisgahareasorba.org or e-mail me at [email protected]

mtbr member

Need Sawyer?

I can bring my saw and associated safety gear if needed...
    TZ
    Geriatric mountain biker and trail maintainer... ...with digital braking!

mtbr member
    TZ- Kevin B. and Mike D. are gonig to be there and Kevin needs practice, having just gotten his cert.

Your expertise would be most welcome for work crew leadership.

Official Cooler Inspector
    Long pants and sleeves recommended- there's more than a bit of Poison Ivy

I'll check the attic - might have a few suits and mine have ultra cool booties attached...

Attached Images Attached Images
    Now you're cast of steel and cast aside. Broken dreams maybe, but you haven't died

mtbr member

Crew Work is GOOD!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Brown
    TZ- Kevin B. and Mike D. are going to be there and Kevin needs practice, having just gotten his cert.

Your expertise would be most welcome for work crew leadership.
    Works for me--I spent last Saturday playing sawyer for a FoDF work group at Dupont**, and this time of year the chaps get warm fast! I plan to work both sessions--put me where you need me!
    TZ

**Oh, wait--that must be a typo, as only four Brevard-area people have shown up for work days in five years!!!
    Geriatric mountain biker and trail maintainer... ...with digital braking!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by TrailZen

**Oh, wait--that must be a typo, as only four Brevard-area people have shown up for work days in five years!!!
    Oh look the person who levitates above the trail quietly in complicated yoga positions knows how to make a funny.
    BS'ing less, riding more.

Supporting PAS
    Upstate SORBA
    SORBA

Apr 2007

Help Wanted

Help Wanted: Keeper of the Tools

When: All day Saturday

Job Description: Hang out at/around the tool trailer/registration/head quarters area and keep a tally of the tools going in and out of the trailer. With the ultimate goal of making sure all the tools that leave the trailer come back at the end of the day. This may involve handing out tools to people who show up mid day. Best suited for someone who's not too interested in being in the poison ivy digging all day.

Skills Needed: Writing and simple arithmetic, reading optional.

Pay: LOTS and LOTS!

To Apply: Let me know.

Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by FeloniousDunk
    Help Wanted: Keeper of the Tools

When: All day Saturday

Job Description: Hang out at/around the tool trailer/registration/head quarters area and keep a tally of the tools going in and out of the trailer. With the ultimate goal of making sure all the tools that leave the trailer come back at the end of the day. This may involve handing out tools to people who show up mid day. Best suited for someone who's not too interested in being in the poison ivy digging all day.

Skills Needed: Writing and simple arithmetic, reading optional.

Pay: LOTS and LOTS!

To Apply: Let me know.
    Position filled!

Thanks Aimee, of the Mike D. and Aimee team!

I had also volunteered to that position a few months ago and updated with M. Brown at the last meeting. If one more is too many - guess I'll go play Frisbee Golf...

Now you're cast of steel and cast aside. Broken dreams maybe, but you haven't died

Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by M-U-M
    I had also volunteered to that position a few months ago and updated with M. Brown at the last meeting. If one more is too many - guess I'll go play Frisbee Golf...

Wow! You know we're doing something right when we have volunteers fighting for volunteer jobs

Sorry to step on toes MUM, didn't know Mike had done the recruiting for that position. You know how I am with "my" tools, a little parental. I'm certain it would be a great job for 2.

The best thing about volunteering for something you care about: Its NOT a job.

No toes hurting here. You know I'll do "whatever" stuff.

Wanted to point out that there are other activities at Richmond Hill (besides Frisbee Golf) for those who may have small adults. Bring a picnic basket, bottle of bubbles and explore.

Members who have read this thread: 0