A few pics from today- Mtbr.com
    I love Pisgah

A few pics from today

As posted at the local Sorba forum:

Awesome day. Trails:Parked at the fish hatchery. Up Davidson River>Daniel Ridge(CCW)>FS rds>Butter Gap>Picklewhatever back down to the FH. Loaded up down to the Ranger Station>up 276>477>Clawhammer Rd>right on Maxwell Cove(up 1500' total)>right down Black Mtn>up Thrift Cove>right on Grassy rd>Sycamore>North Slope. No pc, but I figure about 30+ miles/5 hours if'n I had to guess.

I'm tired.

Heard from some dudes coming up black that someone had drug logs across the teh lower section of Black. Also broke rodo branches off and tried blocking the trail. They said they moved most of it out of the trail. I did see where someone had placed logs where one can otherwise ride up the walls at a few places on lower Black. They also heard about some sharpened wooden stakes placed in spots at Bent Creek yesterday. Fwiw.

Up Davidson River while its still cool and crisp(frost this morning). Sorry, when one is solo the pics are mostly trail pics.

At the new mega bridge to Daniel. Still early and coolish.

Start of Daniel.

Climbing up the first half of the same. Gets steep and techy up top.

About to crest after the biggest climbs.

Down this up top.

The faster section between 2 awesome technical sections. One my fav descents.

Zero pics of Butter. Was having waaaay too much fun .

Up 276 toward the 477/horse stables.

Up Clawhammer for 2 miles or so and about 500' gain.

Then forever up Maxwell cove for another 1000' gain or so.

Water flowing everywhere as I slog up the Maxwell cove rd bed climb.

Right on black for a short but steep section. The top of that before dropping off on yet another fav descent(Black mtn).

No pics of Thrift/Grassy rd/Sycamore(another fav descent). Just one of North Slope.

Last pic of the river at the campground. Great day for a long ride.

That is all
    Duck
    "I've breathed the mtn air, man" Johnny Cash

It's a long way to the top
    . . . if you wanna rock and roll (ac/dc)

banned
    nice pics, thanks for sharing. Easter is off limits riding for me since I have 2 young girls. What ti bars are those?

I love Pisgah
    Quote Originally Posted by cruso414
    nice pics, thanks for sharing. Easter is off limits riding for me since I have 2 young girls. What ti bars are those?
    Thanks. I did the family thing yesterday. I'm old too(my son is 25), so its easier.

Titec Hellion, being the ti version of the Hell Bender. Now disc unfortunately. Back in 03 I snag'd the very last one Cambria had(retail was $150. blowout price was $49). Rides shweet! Matches the ti bolts on the stem .

29er zealot
    Cool photos Duckman, excellent ride! Thanks for sharing

I love Pisgah
    Last Oct. up high on black.

Today.

mtbr member
    Camping not riding pics and vid. Did get to ride Clawhammer, Black, Avery today though. Avery has been taking a beating in the recent rains, some new logovers including a giant hemlock, lots of mud pits, the washed section is nasty.

Still a pretty bit of woods, but only pics from Looking Glass

Finally, one long clip from the campsite. No action, just scenes and music.
    Looking Glass before sunset and more or less. It was peaceful on the mountain.

<object width="400" height="300"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="movie" value="https://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=4125739&amp;server=vimeo.com &amp;show_title=1&amp;show_byline=1&amp;show_portr ait=0&amp;color=&amp;fullscreen=1" /><embed src="https://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=4125739&amp;server=vimeo.com &amp;show_title=1&amp;show_byline=1&amp;show_portr ait=0&amp;color=&amp;fullscreen=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="400" height="300"></embed></object><br /><a href="https://vimeo.com/4125739">Looking Glass Rock, Easter Eve, Pisgah Forest NC</a> from <a href="https://vimeo.com/user1577871">Zeb Ridn29s</a> on <a href="https://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>
    many gears, some pies

I love Pisgah
    Was that you I talked to today(2 dudes in Biowheels jerseys) at the end/start of North Shore? They said they'd ridden that and part of Bennett.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckman
    Was that you I talked to today(2 dudes in Biowheels jerseys) at the end/start of North Shore? They said they'd ridden that and part of Bennett.
    Tweren't me...I made it out to the stables @ 3:30PM and went for a fast ride. I wanted Bennett but alone and with a time limit is a bad combo there.
    many gears, some pies

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckman
    That was me and plume.
    We did Horse Stables>Clawhammer>Black Mountain>Buckwheat>Bennett>Coontree>276>475>Davids on>Caney/Cove>225-A>Connector>Daniel>Grassy road (#?)>Long Branch>475>road to Butter>Butter>Cat>276>North Slope>Back to car.

The tour de seaonals.

Good talking to you.

I love Pisgah
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Brown
    That was me and plume.
    We did Horse Stables>Clawhammer>Black Mountain>Buckwheat>Bennett>Coontree>276>475>Davids on>Caney/Cove>225-A>Connector>Daniel>Grassy road (#?)>Long Branch>475>road to Butter>Butter>Cat>276>North Slope>Back to car.

The tour de seaonals.

Good talking to you.
    So that was you. Awesome. Good to talk to you guys as well. I've never done NSlope CW before. Need to try it that way for a change.

And killer ride you guys did too.

mtbr member
    No pics, but, we did Squirrel on Saturday and it was in great shape, even after Friday's rain. Yellow Gap > 1206 > 476 > 5018 > Horse Cove > Squirrel > Bradley > 1206.

Found the creek crossings on Bradley, at high-water time.

Members who have read this thread: 0