Estatoe Trail workday Saturday- Mtbr.com
    Thread Killer

Estatoe Trail workday Saturday

It's not singletrack, but offers an alternative to get to Davidson ...

Estatoe Trail Workday

The Friends of the Ecusta Trail (Hendersonville-to-Brevard greenway) group is sponsoring a workday on Saturday, July 24, to help complete work for the newly formed Estatoe biking and walking trail.

When completed later this summer, the Estatoe trail will connect the Davidson River campground with the City of Brevard's biking and walking trail system along Highway 64. Work will consist of raking gravel to smooth the surface of the trail.

All ages are welcome. Plan to meet in the parking lot of the State Employees' Credit Union on Asheville Highway across from Lowe's in Pisgah Forest at 9 a.m. and work will be completed by noon. Please bring rakes, buckets, wagons, and water. We also suggest gloves and work boots or steel-toed shoes. Kids are welcome to come and help.

The Estatoe trail is a joint project between the City of Brevard and the Pisgah Ranger District of the US Forest Service. The historic trail was originally used by the Cherokee Indians as a trade route through the mountains and into South Carolina.

The Friends of the Ecusta Trail is a non-profit organization formed for the purpose of developing a network of multi-use trails in Transylvania and Henderson Counties for use as recreation, active transportation and economic development.

For more information contact Dean St. Marie at (828) 696-6195.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Do you have all the tools you need, or would you like to borrow some? I may be able to come and help, my leg is just good enough now that I may be able to do a little.

Woody

Official Cooler Inspector
    Bump. Hate to miss this, but I have a Bele Chere obligation. Will spread the word to those who don't MTBr.
    Now you're cast of steel and cast aside. Broken dreams maybe, but you haven't died

Big Mac
    Ah, Bele Chere, the perfect excuse to get the fock outta town.

Official Cooler Inspector
    Chiropractor gave me a discount.
    Now you're cast of steel and cast aside. Broken dreams maybe, but you haven't died

ohhman
    Spoke with the Forest Service today. They are regulars in the Pisgah Tavern. Word is, trail is 99% done. The more the marrier to pack it in. See you there

Members who have read this thread: 0