Epic Saturday N. Mills River- Mtbr.com
    Heads up Flyboy!!

Epic Saturday N. Mills River

Will be riding Laurel MTN, PIlot Rock to Slate Rock/ Slate Rock CRK. One of my shorter epics at only 20 miles but, super sweet trails with beautifuls views and some tech descents. About 5,000 ft of accumilated climbing. 46 degrees for a high.

Jeremy

Heads up Flyboy!!

meeting time

meet at the paved parking lot on the left just before the North Mills Campground at 8:30 am.

Jeremy

Jan 2004
    is this just for anyone or what? i was wondering who all usually goes or if its a certain group that your posting to.... i live in the hendersonville area but i havn't rode those before so i was j/w....

Jan 2004

What is the pace?

I rode that loop with brewSSard & Endomaniac the other week, and while we all enjoyed the trails, the pace up Laurel was no fun for me, an old dude who is somewhat out of shape.

Oh wait, I just realized you guys ride with gears so the pace up the hill will probably be more mellow.

Heads up Flyboy!!
    This ride is for anyone who has the will to do 20 + miles and rides at a intermediate level.
    Jeremy

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by A:42
    I rode that loop with brewSSard & Endomaniac the other week, and while we all enjoyed the trails, the pace up Laurel was no fun for me, an old dude who is somewhat out of shape.

Oh wait, I just realized you guys ride with gears so the pace up the hill will probably be more mellow.
    You climbed Laurel Mt. on a SS? That is just sick!

That trail has one of my favorite rock gardens of all times, fun ride!

Jan 2004

Lot's of huffing and puffing...

Quote Originally Posted by bmateo
    You climbed Laurel Mt. on a SS? That is just sick!

That trail has one of my favorite rock gardens of all times, fun ride!
    ...and a bit of walking, though who doesn’t walk some of Laurel Mountain.

It is easier than you thinkto ride Laurel Mtn on an SS, more of just getting over the idea that you have to have gears (though I always wish I had gears for riding the connector to Pilot Rock)
    The real men are Endomaniac and BrewSSard those guys flew up that trail on their SS.
    As for fun, I agree 100% I rate Pilot Rock as one of my top trails for non stop rockin' switchback fun.

I couldn't make the saturday ride, any one know how the trail was?

Heads up Flyboy!!
    I couldn't make the saturday ride, any one know how the trail was?[/QUOTE]

Frozen beyond belief. The dirt road to it was so frozen my 4x4 pickup had a hard time getting there. After no one showed I decided to go home, clean up the bike, and hit the wall at climbmax in downtown Asheville with my wife for a couple of hours. Sunday we decided to go to Dupont State Forest. See the thread, " mountain bike Bobsled Pinball" for thw reason I feel as sore as a rugby player after a game. If your on the single speed you should check out the Icycle Race. We have a large group going there for Asheville. Its more for the fun then hard core competion but, there is still a very tuff crowd there.